Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
the one i found was at x -5, z 1954

found these VERY weird things in it things who's description remind me of the Mystcraft "Age" system for generating worlds....

The little blue dimlet things? Yes, I've had a few stacks of them on some play throughs. I think that portion of RF tools has been disabled, the one that lets you create dimensions. I had trouble finding a recipe for things you needed to make them in NEI.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The Battlesuit is the best armor in the game. Dont forget that don't have "lost" when the altar runs dry, the progress will just start to revert until it has blood again, so dont kill yourself because of this :D

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
WelI I had a full beacon set to regen, had a bucket of some regen fluid (not sure which one, I looked through NEI and used what I thought had the highest regen value) and had a barrel full of splash healing potions. Using each of those methods I was not able to feed blood in fast enough without dying to turn the block into a key. When I get to that point in my let's play I'll try it again when I get to the that point. I don't remember if I was wearing the battle suit or not, I think to successfully get the altar I did use the suit.
It's been a bit since I made the tardis key, but I believe I just used penicillin for regen iv and I was able to keep filling the altar fast enough. The important thing I noticed is that you can not just stand in the penicillin. You have to walk in and then out of it for it to work properly. When the buff is about to go off, just step back in and out. I don't know if it matters, but I was wearing the battlesuit except the helm. The helm was doing the "opposite" of night vision and making my sight so black that I could only make out stars so I didn't wear it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also prefilled the altar as much as I could before starting on the tardis key.

Reactions: Caithleen

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 15 is online now and 16 will be online tomorrow at noon! I'm going to Vegas for a few days starting Wednesday. I'm going to try to get all the video I have recorded edited and uploaded so that there will be fresh content for some of the time while I'm gone.

Kazure

Jul 29, 2019
since the last update all the mods are missing the textures!

how do i fix this?

updated->started a new world and while loading it up the 2nd time it keeps loosing all textures and 4gb ram arent enough .. (got 4x4gb ram, but only 4gb the ftb launcher can use)

PLEASE RELEASE A FIX!!

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
since the last update all the mods are missing the textures!

how do i fix this?

updated->started a new world and while loading it up the 2nd time it keeps loosing all textures and 4gb ram arent enough .. (got 4x4gb ram, but only 4gb the ftb launcher can use)

PLEASE RELEASE A FIX!!
If you are playing on a mac, try going to the resource pack screen. You just need to open the resource pack window and close it. That fixes it for me, but I have to do it everytime I play the game. But it isn't anything new, I've had to do it since I started playing.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in mid game, starting to produce naqudah in the fission chamber, but I need more power, so I'm redesigning my power generation. I read in the thread that 1 or 2 adv generators generating something like 25k RF each is a god objetive. Is this correct? I would love to try Nuclearcraft, but I can't find any documentation :(

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Do I just go to Mars to for some mining while keeping my base on the moon or should I move to Mars? Done all the quest book I can and am just about ready to go to Mars.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Do I just go to Mars to for some mining while keeping my base on the moon or should I move to Mars? Done all the quest book I can and am just about ready to go to Mars.
If you go to mars and place some rftools teleport blocks you wont have to move your base. with a matter transmitter, receiver and a dialer in each planet you visit, is super easy to travel.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
At this point you're only going to Mars for mining. It would be simpler to set up a quarry of some type, maybe a small-ish base with power and stuffs, and a way to easily get to/from the Moon and keep your home on the moon....

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
An advanced turbine generator can produce at most 50K RF/tick. The trick is feeding it enough fuel to keep it running. #needabiggertreefarm

Yes, Mars is just a quick trip to set up matter transmitter and receivers and a power system to run them. If you have a RR pick you can mine very quickly in 5x5 mode. Grab enough dish to get you started and head back to the moon. Once you have a ender quarry, head back to Mars and set it up. To do everything you need to do it doesn't take a very large quarry to get all the Desh you'll need.

You can travel to Venus, Mercury and Pluto for the material you will need for the Stargate, or you can make them with the Fusion Chamber.

I hope you all enjoy, I'll be away for a week, I wasn't able to get any more video recorded and edited before I leave in the morning. When I get back I hope to have really cool stuff to show.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed mjvmine took an ender quarry to mars and mentioned the quest. That quest isn't open in my book. After doing trashcan 2.0 and stirling generator all I have is Vat and Solar panel upgrade, neither of which can be done without Desh.

edit: ah, 2nd trip to mars with quarry.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the quarry without Desh. The quarry markers are little harder to make, you have to build a QED to make them. Or you can wait until you unlock a few quests after you build the vat and you get 6 of them as a quest reward for making the quarry.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the quarry without Desh. The quarry markers are little harder to make, you have to build a QED to make them. Or you can wait until you unlock a few quests after you build the vat and you get 6 of them as a quest reward for making the quarry.

I didn't mean I needed Desh for the quarry, I need it to unlock the quarry quest itself since it appears to be gated by the Vat.

That said I looked at synthesizing leather for books/enchanting/magic wood/etc. and decided to put that off until after I have basic Ender IO going. That keratin molecule is the nastiest thing I've seen in minechem so far, lol.

O

Obuw

Hey all, fantastic modpack. I got a few questions.

1- I can't find much info about supermassivetech. What happens when a brown dwarf / red dwarf depletes while inside the star harvester? Does a black hole consume your base ending your playthrough? I took out the brown dwarf before it depleted, I'm now wondering if was supposed to let it deplete, turning it into some other item usable in a recipe somewhere?

2- How do you make a solar panel? There is a quest for crafting a Solar Panel II, but there is no recipe for Solar Panel I in NEI. Do you find them in dungeons or something?

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
An advanced turbine generator can produce at most 50K RF/tick. The trick is feeding it enough fuel to keep it running. #needabiggertreefarm

My first AdvGen generator ever is producing 4.5k. I discovered the mod in this pack, and I'm loving it. So, let's see how many ender io full upgraded farm stations are needed for a mega generator :)

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
You get 1 solar panel as a quest reward. The recipe for making more tier 1 solar panel was disabled.

The brown dwarfs definitely will not go critical. I think I remember Caithleen saying none of the stars would but I'm not 100% certain. But long term, you need better power than the star harvests. I'm getting 14K rf/tick with my stirlings and if I can produce enough carbon I'll get 50K/tick with my advanced generator.

O

Obuw

You get 1 solar panel as a quest reward. The recipe for making more tier 1 solar panel was disabled.

The brown dwarfs definitely will not go critical. I think I remember Caithleen saying none of the stars would but I'm not 100% certain. But long term, you need better power than the star harvests. I'm getting 14K rf/tick with my stirlings and if I can produce enough carbon I'll get 50K/tick with my advanced generator.

Hmm I have a lot of quests unlocked but haven't seen a solar panel reward yet.

And yeah I'm not relying on the star harvester for power, my base is currently powered by 10 stirlings fueled by lava. I think that will be enough power gen until I get back from mars with mats for an advanced generator.

14k per tick with stirling sounds waay overkill though. Are you running mining lasers with them or something? :p

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mean I needed Desh for the quarry, I need it to unlock the quarry quest itself since it appears to be gated by the Vat.

That said I looked at synthesizing leather for books/enchanting/magic wood/etc. and decided to put that off until after I have basic Ender IO going. That keratin molecule is the nastiest thing I've seen in minechem so far, lol.

It's not terribly nasty... it's just involved.... it only takes 5 chemicals; Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen, and Sulfur

C, H, and O you already should have a mini treasure trove of

Nitrogen and Sulfur both can be harvested from Gunpowder

Nitrogen also comes from one of your vanilla crops (Carrots or Potatoes, can't remember)

The different compounds themselves can be made in multiple batches(because you need multiples to make Keratin) and i suggest always making them in batches of 8, 8, and 12 because one compound needs 3 of itself and you wind up with 20 leather, 5 per Keratin

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I got a cow egg in one of my quest reward bags so the first project after coming back from Mars with half a stack of Desh was everything I needed to make an EIO powered spawner for cows. Browsing through NEI looks like RF Tools has a spawner now too, will have to check that out and see how it compares.

Being able to make EIO conduit and upgrades means I'll probably rebuild the entire base, ditch most of this transfer node spaghetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.