Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Just managed to play for the first time in a long time ;) Currently enjoying transitioning from T3 to T4. Just one thing to suggest for those wandering what to do with all the excess Hydrogen cells: have a couple separate fusion reactors rather than one big one: you can then use up all of your Hydrogen, as well as have a D-T reactor and perhaps a D-D or H-D too. If you have not found out yet, the best fuel combination is Boron-Hydrogen - the RF/litre is twice that of the D-T combo, but of course requires a good supply of boron and a bigger reactor for the same RF/t.

Reactions: Caithleen

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion this modpack could benifit from the More Planets addon, it adds more planets and even has some habitable ones that players can reach late game that would make a good end goal. Oh, and Applied Energistics... can never go wrong with AE :p

Also im not too far yet so im not sure if it's already added but the ability to seive/obtain materials from other barren planets or moons(like mars) would be cool

As I said a felt 10K times - no AE2. We have alot of alternatives here and you should use them, not just do that ae2-everything is automated again. Its something fresh - not old stuff again :p

More Planets could have been an option but I went with 4 Space and that gives us more than enough planets (with sievables) allready, since the endgame is allready bringing its own dimensions.

ParasiticSquid

Jul 29, 2019
As I said a felt 10K times - no AE2. We have alot of alternatives here and you should use them, not just do that ae2-everything is automated again. Its something fresh - not old stuff again :p

More Planets could have been an option but I went with 4 Space and that gives us more than enough planets (with sievables) allready, since the endgame is allready bringing its own dimensions.
I perfer a storage solution that requies a power trade off since the current storage methods are... very limited and pretty boring from what my playthrough has shown.

And your best bet is swap to More Planest anyways since 4Space got abandoned a couples month ago by Matt. If a galacticraft update, or any mod update really, breaks the addons ability to work theres no way to get a functional update as to where Steves still working on More Planets and even has our own solar systems planets already implemented.

Ive currently got the 4Space source and attempting to get more advance at java to maintain it, but thats probably a ways away so it's less problamatic to just swap before any pack breaking issues occur and you have to sort though all of them

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Ive currently got the 4Space source and attempting to get more advance at java to maintain it, but thats probably a ways away so it's less problamatic to just swap before any pack breaking issues occur and you have to sort though all of them
That is not an option. We won't do such game breaking changes. Not on the same version. 4Space works fine as it is atm, Galacticcraft, too. We are still using +half a year old ex nihilo ex astris... mods due to them not having been compatible for a long time. Those old version's didn't break anything. The latest is not always the best.

One of the packs goal is to get the user to think about solution's, trying out different stuff. While those storage solutions available might not suite your needs they achieve the goal of giving the user a challenge to figure out how to make it work.

Those that played tekkit classic and other packs pre 1.4.7 probably remember how solar factories and a like worked. There was no appEng, no advanced logistic pipes.. To craft a few high end solar panels you had to build a setup the size of the view distance. Like building a redstone calculator. That is what the pack aims for, getting the player back to being creative, spending hours on hours on optimizing the setup so that enough items are at the right spot at the right time.. Not, here is a storage, take what you need.

Last edited:

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
That is not an option. We won't do such game breaking changes. Not on the same version. 4Space works fine as it is atm, Galacticcraft, too. We are still using +half a year old ex nihilo ex astris... mods due to them not having been compatible for a long time. Those old version's didn't break anything. The latest is not always the best.

One of the packs goal is to get the user to think about solution's, trying out different stuff. While those storage solutions available might not suite your needs they achieve the goal of giving the user a challenge to figure out how to make it work.

Those that played tekkit classic and other packs pre 1.4.7 probably remember how solar factories and a like worked. There was no appEng, no advanced logistic pipes.. To craft a few high end solar panels you had to build a setup the size of the view distance. Like building a redstone calculator. That is what the pack aims for, getting the player back to being creative, spending hours on hours on optimizing the setup so that enough items are at the right spot at the right time.. Not, here is a storage, take what you need.

I like that! I agree and I'm slightly frustrated with a lot of the people that come on and say "this pack is great BUT..." just enjoy the pack as it is. Something fresh I believe is what brought so much popularity to the pack. I myself was looking for a galactic style map pack for me and my girls to play together but blast and crash landing we're both way too mob-oriented whereas this one has that aspect but it's manageable.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Think i have brought this up many times before, but unsure if on this thread ... sooo ...

Mr. Newspaper : Hey Caithleen, how did you come to modpacking?

Caithleen : Well .. i was playing that new modpack, you know? Because I wanted to play around with draconic evolution. It was the only new stuff in that pack but it got my interest. So I punched trees, made picks, went to mining trips, made a quarry, the thermal machines, an ae system. Then some more dynamos for more power. Then a big reactor. And then suddenly I realized...

I was doing ALL THAT STUFF AGAIN. And whatfor? To play around with a single mod. That was the birth of "something fresh".

----

When was the last time you played around with retrievers? Filters? B-Space barrels? RFTools or modular storage? Yeah right. AE2 is a great mod, really. But its also the single-gofor mod for automation since its so good at it. Its been like this since AE1 (and when LP started to suck resourcewise), and the only change was that AE2 became a bit more tedious, but its still the SINGLE automation/storagemod that people strive for.

If i have AE2 in a pack, why should i make a modular storage? Or rely on barrels beside some storagebus stuff for e.g. cobble when i dont have a DSU (DSU=next all the time thingy). Thats why we dont have AE2 in here, but nice alternatives. If you are too lazy to check them out, this pack may not be for you. Or feel free to make a singleplayer world and add it yourself. But I wont do it :)

And before you ask - same goes for TiCon. Also a really great mod but soooo overused. Also ... smelteries on the moon? Nah! :D

mapokapo

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't any Ex Nihilo hammer break cobblestone down to gravel? It's just annoying me because i can't get gold

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't any Ex Nihilo hammer break cobblestone down to gravel? It's just annoying me because i can't get gold

Because its intended. Follow the quests, read tipps/tricks, watch a lets play, or simply look at page 21, it has a T1 demo setup.

Its Galactic Science, not Galactic Ugh Ugh Caveman has hammer! :D

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Dumbledore dies! You have been warned!

But seriously, you can synth gravel (and you should!). You need a decomposer and a synthesizer for it. Complete Questline 1 and start with minechem line to get those machines

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Flint is a good source of silicon dioxide that can be used to make gravel early in the game before you have a gumby obsidian generator.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
100% COOP. Well start around 1500 CET on saturday :)

Ill be streaming it to beam and twitch. Feel free to stream too!

Last edited:

Orionus

Jul 29, 2019
Just managed to play for the first time in a long time ;) Currently enjoying transitioning from T3 to T4. Just one thing to suggest for those wandering what to do with all the excess Hydrogen cells: have a couple separate fusion reactors rather than one big one: you can then use up all of your Hydrogen, as well as have a D-T reactor and perhaps a D-D or H-D too. If you have not found out yet, the best fuel combination is Boron-Hydrogen - the RF/litre is twice that of the D-T combo, but of course requires a good supply of boron and a bigger reactor for the same RF/t.

What do you do with the Oxygen cells?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can make barrel with a void upgrade and the excess just goes byebye. If you set up your water/decomposer/stirling engine power system you'll always have 256 stacks of oxygen, and the excess will just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.