Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkmclamb

Jul 29, 2019
Are pure awesomeite blocks supposed to self-destruct after I left-click on them once? They are not the easiest things to make and I wanted to move them to a different place and the just broke and disappeared.

NeuroticHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Are pure awesomeite blocks supposed to self-destruct after I left-click on them once? They are not the easiest things to make and I wanted to move them to a different place and the just broke and disappeared.

Are you breaking them with a pick? I don't have that problem.

dkmclamb

Jul 29, 2019
It happened with an empty hand after a single click. I guess I should have been using a pick. Do you know what level of pick I need?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
seeing how super uber iron dependant this modpack is, is there an easy way to get tons of iron?

In addition to sieving gravel, setup a cobble-decomposer system, but use relocators to transport the cobble to the decomposer. This allows you to use 'module crafting' to feed the decomposer double-compressed cobble with no additional power requirements, a greatly reduced power drain on the decomposer [vs feeding it cobble], and a much higher yield in decomposed elements. Extract the decomposed elements to a set of barrels and let it run!

Couple caveats with this setup:
To get a steady supply of cobble, use a Transfer Node cobble gen with minimum 9 World-Interaction upgrades [takes 7 iron per upgrade]. Have node empty into a barrel.
Depending on which pack version your using, or which MineChem version, this setup can break. If you notice the decomposer isn't doing anything with the double-compressed cobble, do the following:
Manually place some double-compressed cobble into the decomposer's slot. Logout and completely close the launcher. Relaunch and it should now be working. If not, repeat until it does.
I noticed this problem when I was using RFTools' Crafter to do the cobble compression...haven't experinced the problem since I switched over to Relocators' Module Crafting.

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
Fallen meteors that you get from sieving moon rock yield 12 broken iron per in your 2x2 crafting window, just pop em in like you would do for logs. Could have sworn they used to give 4 broken iron, maybe they got a bit of tweaking in the last update. The chance for the meteor drop is only 1%, but, for sieving moon rock, getting a little bonus of iron is nice.

Decomposing end stone has an 80% chance of giving einsteinium. You can get end stone and netherack(sp?) from stone barrels. by dropping either red stone or glow stone into lava. There is also a quest I think in the chem line that rewards you with a nice amount for making a leaded chest if I remember right.

Lastly, if you complete the chopper quest line, specifically the upgrades to iron, you get 10 iron upgrades as a reward, these decomp into a nice amount of iron. All of this is doable early on and yields a pretty good windfall to get rolling.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone still struggling with iron at T1 is really ignoring every tip and possibility :D

Hopped on someones Streamserver who checked out the pack and after some initial craving we had oh so much iron ...

So ironchecklist:

1. Do you have automated obsidian?
2. Do you have enough power from stirlings? They dont even need iron anymore!
3. Do you decompose compressed cobbles?
4. Do you autosieve gravel ?
5. Do you hammer the orestuff for another 25% ?
6. Did you decompose the microscope? Some of the tyrian?
7. Die you get that cheap titanium armor and raided a dungeon? Lots of iron in boss room.
8. theres even more ways ... see post above e.g. ;)

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone still struggling with iron at T1 is really ignoring every tip and possibility :D

Hopped on someones Streamserver who checked out the pack and after some initial craving we had oh so much iron ...

So ironchecklist:

1. Do you have automated obsidian?
2. Do you have enough power from stirlings? They dont even need iron anymore!
3. Do you decompose compressed cobbles?
4. Do you autosieve gravel ?
5. Do you hammer the orestuff for another 25% ?
6. Did you decompose the microscope? Some of the tyrian?
7. Die you get that cheap titanium armor and raided a dungeon? Lots of iron in boss room.
8. theres even more ways ... see post above e.g. ;)

Caithleen, I set up a cobble gen and feed that into a crafter to make quintuple compressed cobble. I put quadruouple compressed in the decomposer and got nothing, it just ate the block. Now my quintuple compressed wont even do that, it just sits there, won't decompose at all. Any suggestions?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestions is to look at NEI. It shows a CHANCE of decomposition like many stuff ;)

Crafter is also energy hungry. For the start a special chest with packager upgrade and triple compressed will do you a lot better.

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
The different levels of compressed cobble can be finicky. As suggested earlier in the thread, best bet, and what I did, was to give myself a sample set of a few of each tier of compression until I found a reliable decomp, (meaning it runs it, NOT that it yields something), my pc, build, etc, lets me do quad but nothing higher. Still, all it takes is 1 quad cobble to hit and your literally running to keep up with all the output. It drops off a bit as you drop down towards single compression, but even a double compressed cobble yields a pretty big pay day, just make sure you have a few to run, a stack is best, and be ready for all those chems!

Out of curiosity, and off of the iron thing..., any1 mess around with electric age, the modular pack, or, dare I go there, open computers? For open computers and electric age, I really like the idea of having computers, cabling, and wires dotted around as that seems to add a lot of character and authenticity. Can almost smell the ozone and see the sparks. Those 2 mods in particular though seem really advanced. (like writing code! yikes!) Still, I haven't seen a lot of discussion on them and they seem really cool and probably useful. I will probably mess around with them a bit soon, already collecting resin on a new observatory game.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips for finding this Moon dungeon that exists? i heard rumours of ender lillies, and after losing all the initial ernder pearls AND the ender lilly in the same day, it would be nice to get it back.

(Even if I could just make enstinium with much more ease. It's kinda the principle of the thing. Like building a giant dong tower on top of the area that had the hungry node that ate your backpack... Or other pointless acts of stubbornness.)

Also.... Anyone got some advice on whats the eaisest to get fully automated for T2 power? Making Rocket Fuel has proven clunkyer then I liked so far.

And finally, anyone got some tips for getting better results from the stars? Rebuilding the room everytime for something that gives trivial power makes me wonder if i could be doing it better.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The more fire, the better the star can become, or at least the chances. Thoo on T2 its one of those "because i can" things you mentioned.

Dungeons are kinda easy to spot when you saw the first entrance. Its like a 10*10 shaft down. Best to have moon buggy or even battlesuit and go explore with a minimap.

My current and in my eyes best setup so far for adv. generators is simple propane synth which is put into eio tanks to "pack them out" and then gets to drum for storage, gens for power.

Status
Not open for further replies.