Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjaycups

Jul 29, 2019
So, I would first like to say I recently started playing this mod, and loving it - it's a bit grindy, but still very fun. However, I think I'm going to have to take a break or start over, because I just got very mad at it. I've spent hours trying to get enough Tin and Copper to make the Tier 1 rocket, and I had all of the fins and engine created. I put them in the NASA workbench last night, then logged off. When I logged in tonight, I updated to the latest version, walked over to my NASA workbench, and they were all gone. Hours and hours of synthesizing, sifting, hammering, smelting, and crafting disappeared. I should have known better than to leave them in the workbench before logging off, but it's still incredibly disappointing. Just thought I'd leave this as a word of warning.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
So, I would first like to say I recently started playing this mod, and loving it - it's a bit grindy, but still very fun. However, I think I'm going to have to take a break or start over, because I just got very mad at it. I've spent hours trying to get enough Tin and Copper to make the Tier 1 rocket, and I had all of the fins and engine created. I put them in the NASA workbench last night, then logged off. When I logged in tonight, I updated to the latest version, walked over to my NASA workbench, and they were all gone. Hours and hours of synthesizing, sifting, hammering, smelting, and crafting disappeared. I should have known better than to leave them in the workbench before logging off, but it's still incredibly disappointing. Just thought I'd leave this as a word of warning.

The NASA workbench is like a vanilla workbench, it does not hold items and will drop them if you close the GUI. You can open to LAN and enable cheats to refund your lost items.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this modpack :) I've been using and Ender Quarry on Pluto to stockpile the Pluto Cobblestone, run it through a Modular Furnace 5x5 set up to quickly smelt it back to it's smoothstone form, and then running it through a pair of autosieves with around 20 fortune upgrades each to get the Crushed Boron to run through the Isotope Seperator to make a NuclearCraft Fusion Reactor and I now have 8 of the Fusion Reactor blocks :D I have also run around 2 Jabba barrels worth of Empty Fluid Cells through the Electrolyser to get about 7 stacks of Tritium Cells and 22 stacks of Deuterium Cells. I've been doing some testing in a test world to experiment with the Tritium+Deuterium reaction. I'm trying to think up a good way to do the redstone clock part to keep the reactor running near 100% efficiency - I am thinking maybe an OpenComputers program would be the most compact, but would require poking at some programming.

My main questions about NuclearCraft now:
1) Is there some way to "empty"/"recycle" all the Hydrogen Cells I have ended up with in my grind for the Deuterium and Tritium Cells? I would rather not have to keep feeding Tin into a set up to keep a few Electrolysers going to keep a Fusion reactor running, fully automated.
2) Is there any resource at all that gives a detailed rundown of NuclearCraft reactions? I have watched the author's videos on YouTube, and they are helpful, but they don't help much with the nuts and bolts of how to set up an automated reactor or how to choose which reaction to run (based on factors like how easy it would be to automate or how much power it could produce.)

I feel like NuclearCraft is a big part of propelling me into the final stages/Tiers of this modpack but yet I can find very little info about it.

Reactions: Caithleen

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that may be the problem, so far I've only gotten 1 cow egg (I guess minecraft cows aren't mammals ;) ), so there isn't much I can do in that regard, but apples sustain me just fine at the moment anyway =)

I "recently" changed my PA Diamond Tree farms to EnderIO Treefarms, and everythings running way smoother now, it did require me to run power from my generator cave and up to farms, but totally worth it, oh and they need to be upgraded tree farms of course (add upgraded chip in the gui).
Now, when I can start playing again I'll have to look into using raw cellulose in my syngas creator, I don't know about stirling generators, I quickly dismissed it as it seemed to output too little, but the syngas system is awesome, one syngas maker, and one (multiblock) generator is powering everything I have on planet moon, and I'm considering using those non tesseract thingys to power what I have on mars and venus from it too, but as said, I have to upgrade it a bit first, currently I'm using a lot of steel turbines, but if I upgrade to using vibrant turbines, I can more than double my output which is pretty sweet :D

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

Also dont make a T1 rocket .. follow the quests :)

@TheLogan - try propane
@Qanthelas - fear theres no decomposition use and details ... well .. its a great mod, but its documentation is not. A friend of the dev offered earlier in this thread to help on stuff ...

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
In Nemsun and Ego's video they use a chunk loader, but I can't find one in NEI other than a chunk loader upgrade. Is there a chunk loader or an equivalent item recipe that isn't showing up? Or do I use the upgrade I made on something?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
In Nemsun and Ego's video they use a chunk loader, but I can't find one in NEI other than a chunk loader upgrade. Is there a chunk loader or an equivalent item recipe that isn't showing up? Or do I use the upgrade I made on something?
It looks like it uses an older version of modpack or they have modified a bit because I saw many things that are didn't included in our version.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
@TheLogan Have you looked into MC Edit to remove the fire or netherrack? I had an issue where I gave myself a star from one of the quest rewards and as soon as the star entered my inventory our world crashed. I ended up using MC Edit to clear that item from my inventory and it saved our world.

I used @NolanSyKinsley's method of a double layer of 499 netherrack in a bubble distributor and obsidian with water over it and all the netherrack is on fire with no issues! Waiting for my girls to use the 6 heart of stars we have to make some stars. (I do the grindy things, that way when they get on with me they see the fun stuff happen!)

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Never heard of MCEdit no, I'll have to take a look at that, thanks!

Yeah, I was considering doing that too after reading up on it earlier, sounds easy enough to set up (I'd actually also already considered the whole multiple layers of fire, as it doesn't specifically state that the fire has to be on the same layer, but I thought I'd just start out simple with a single layer of *crash* ;P

That actually sounds like the way to do it, teach them the joys of technomancy without the hard work, then you can always start pulling away the metaphorical curtain later. =)

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
That took some fiddling around with, wrong versions etc. figuring out the controls etc. but finally I'm back and playing GS again! :D
Thanks Warmastr

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen, it seems propane only has 0.25x the power of syngas, so going from syngas to propane seem like a bad move.
And cellulose produces 0.23 units of syngas per item, while charcoal produces 0.31 units of syngas per item, it seems to me like charcoal into syngas is winning out.. are you trying to sabotage me? ;)

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclearcraft is one mod that is barely barely documented at all, the developer videos are pretty much all that is out at the moment.
Caithleen, it seems propane only has 0.25x the power of syngas, so going from syngas to propane seem like a bad move.
And cellulose produces 0.23 units of syngas per item, while charcoal produces 0.31 units of syngas per item, it seems to me like charcoal into syngas is winning out.. are you trying to sabotage me? ;)

You get a ton of cellulose per log, I think 12 so you get 2.76 per log instead of 0.31 per charcoal.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
1) Is there some way to "empty"/"recycle" all the Hydrogen Cells I have ended up with in my grind for the Deuterium and Tritium Cells? I would rather not have to keep feeding Tin into a set up to keep a few Electrolysers going to keep a Fusion reactor running, fully automated.
In his video the author said you should use Hydrogen/Hydrogen in fusion reactor. It produce less power but more heat.
2) Is there any resource at all that gives a detailed rundown of NuclearCraft reactions? I have watched the author's videos on YouTube, and they are helpful, but they don't help much with the nuts and bolts of how to set up an automated reactor or how to choose which reaction to run (based on factors like how easy it would be to automate or how much power it could produce.)
List of Heat Variables: https://goo.gl/Q0HrLR
Efficiency Equation: http://goo.gl/uPzwTN
List of Power Variables: https://goo.gl/JP08nk
List of Fuel Usage Variables: https://goo.gl/fAHB21
It's on video "Advanced fusion" Nuclearcraft author page.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
@TheLogan Nolan's setup worked, just make sure to put the obsidian in the very center of the bubble (I put the bubble distributor under the bottom layer of netherrack with the obsidian directly above that). We got a super giant on the second try. The first time we had the obsidian off center and it couldn't reach all the fire on the bottom layer and we got a brown dwarf. Now all I need is a fire thrower....went through 16 or so flint and steel but well worth it for the 1 billion rf!

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it once, got a brown dwarf. xD
Though I am thinking if it's even worth it for the power. honestly that's probably around what's floating around in my network at the moment, and my generator is keeping up.
1B sounds like much, but I've got 100 million sloshing around in the buffer battery hooked up to my chemical fusion chamber, and that's just a small part of my system. xD
Are there any other benefits of having stars?

Ryoko

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there! Thanks for great mod pack. I really love it.
Found some issue with RFTools Endergenic Generators. I've tryed to create working generator. But seems it don't want to work. I found some vids with such generators but in this mod pack can't make them work even the simple one.
I line the generators, but it seems, that generators loose pearls right the moment they catch one. Do not hold them and do not through them to another generators. It's really sad. Couse this generators are the great source of RF.
Does anyone have such issues with this generators?

Status
Not open for further replies.