Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ved

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have recently been playing this modpack a lot, and I have found something that I am not sure has been brought to light in this forum (because I really don't want to sift through 50 pages). I wanted a better pick than the diamond pick, so I found the RR pick, and it is really good. But when you right click it, you can literally place a torch anywhere you want. You can place it in a place with no oxygen and still get light. Another thing was that those torches are just spawned out of nowhere, so you can literally get infinite torches. That would lead to getting a lot of carbon and cellulose.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you everyone, I just changed my config file (wasn't aware that was possible), for anyone considering notepad++, there's no config "language" however, python does the job of syntax highlighting just fine. (syntax highlighting = colour blobs of text to make them easily discernible)

Reactions: Playnot

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have recently been playing this modpack a lot, and I have found something that I am not sure has been brought to light in this forum (because I really don't want to sift through 50 pages). I wanted a better pick than the diamond pick, so I found the RR pick, and it is really good. But when you right click it, you can literally place a torch anywhere you want. You can place it in a place with no oxygen and still get light. Another thing was that those torches are just spawned out of nowhere, so you can literally get infinite torches. That would lead to getting a lot of carbon and cellulose.
those particular torches cannot be decomposed in a decomposer.

Ved

Jul 29, 2019
those particular torches cannot be decomposed in a decomposer.
Sure, some of the torches are galactic craft core torches, but most of the time you would get normal Minecraft torches. I admit, I have gotten a lot of Minecraft torches, while getting about a stack and a half of galactic craft core torches, and I have decomposed the Minecraft ones. Anyway, right now I am kind of stucj on finding Venus crystals in order to get Naquadah. Is there anyway to farm them quickly?

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted earlier today (sadly the post has for reasons unbeknownst to me been removed) about a bug where he built a chamber with oxygen in it, then placed down netherrack (around 256) and set them all on fire. After that his memory usage spiked out of control and the game became unplayable.
I didn't think much of it and finished up my own room of burning netherrack, after all I want them stars!
I only used about 100 netherrack, but my game too became unplayable, however on my computer it was both the CPU usage and the Memory that spiked wildly.

However one huge difference between our two games is that he closed his game, I let mine run until it crashed, meaning that somewhere I should have a crash dump.
I don't know where to find the logs, and the console crashed along with minecraft, all I could find online was a guide to send them from the console, and I don't want to reboot the launcher in case that somehow overwrites the logs. Someone, please tell me what to do! =)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, right now I am kind of stucj on finding Venus crystals in order to get Naquadah. Is there anyway to farm them quickly?
Venus crystal can be synth with slindum and Caithleenum.

Make naquada ore isn't difficult if you have the resources but smelting it to make ingots take ages

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like an excrutiatingly slow method, my medium-sized tree farm produces about a stack of logs in a minute, i think you can figure out how much cellulose that is (not to mention the apples and saplings also get decomposed to basic elements)
2 tree farms with upgrades to about 120 feed my 4 advanced generators with 2 vibrant turbines each (first making the cellulose to syngas of course). Not to mention a crapton of coal also goes to syngas generation, sieves make a lot.
P.S. there's a substance you can add to your Minechem Polytool that says "lights up an area when mining" - essentially does the same, places torches on it's own, i think they're all vanilla and don't stop burning without air

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Venus crystal can be synth with slindum and Caithleenum.

Make naquada ore isn't difficult if you have the resources but smelting it to make ingots take ages

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk
Make 5x5 modular furnace or if you're really bold, make it bigger and enjoy :D all easily automatable and extremely quick and efficient when all the blocks are coal blocks...

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like an excrutiatingly slow method, my medium-sized tree farm produces about a stack of logs in a minute, i think you can figure out how much cellulose that is (not to mention the apples and saplings also get decomposed to basic elements)
2 tree farms with upgrades to about 120 feed my 4 advanced generators with 2 vibrant turbines each (first making the cellulose to syngas of course). Not to mention a crapton of coal also goes to syngas generation, sieves make a lot.
P.S. there's a substance you can add to your Minechem Polytool that says "lights up an area when mining" - essentially does the same, places torches on it's own, i think they're all vanilla and don't stop burning without air

Exactly. Its such a grind to get those torches when you could simply rock away with automation at the stage youre at when you got a RR Pick. Thats why i dont mind that "bug".

Playnot try propane ;)

1.4.11 is syncing on FTB network right now :)

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Its such a grind to get those torches when you could simply rock away with automation at the stage youre at when you got a RR Pick. Thats why i dont mind that "bug".

Playnot try propane ;)

1.4.11 is syncing on FTB network right now :)
Tried, but i got used to cellulose and i'll stick with it for now, besides i'll be hitting the next tier of power gen soon so doesn't matter that much.

llllllllll

Jul 29, 2019

here is good mod that u could add to quest system as rewards , because this rewards bags contains only trash inside .

also add much more quest more interesting .

minechem is most boring mod ever. :)
/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293095-1-7-x-1-6-4-forge-heart-crystals-mod-increase

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
here is good mod that u could add to quest system as rewards , because this rewards bags contains only trash inside .

also add much more quest more interesting .

minechem is most boring mod ever. :)
/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293095-1-7-x-1-6-4-forge-heart-crystals-mod-increase
Wouldn't say minechem is boring, it's as interesting as any production mod..and also it fits into the whole story, unlike the heart crystals mod. And as for the reward bags Caithleen has explained it enough i think.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Make 5x5 modular furnace or if you're really bold, make it bigger and enjoy :D all easily automatable and extremely quick and efficient when all the blocks are coal blocks...
I never play with modular furnace, I go to watch a good tuto.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I never play with modular furnace, I go to watch a good tuto.
Couldn't find a great tutorial, however the only things you need to know if you'l be using it for smelting(as a normal furnace) are:
- needs to be a cube shape always (3x3, 5x5, haven't tested how big it can be)
- for the most part you can make the walls out of anything, but Coal Blocks seem to work best. (Again i haven't tested every block, i hear awesomium might work also, however diamond/lapis/redstone blocks totally sucked, so it might not be the basic config, @Caithleen can you light some shine on the best blocks to use? ).
- for the construction itself you need 1 modular furnace core and tons of coal blocks, the inside needs to be hollow, only walls. If you want to automate it place input/output blocks from the same mod, i don't remember their exact name, their state can be changed by simply shift+right clicking after they are placed (states are input, output and fuel, self explanatory). the input-output blocks must be part of the cube structure itself, not next to it somehow. At the moment i have one input and one output, just because i've placed a stack of hydrogen for fuel when i started playing and it still hasn't ran out, so i don't think it needs a fuel input port.
If you got any questions, let me know.

Reactions: Akio_Fukushima
Status
Not open for further replies.