Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
That feels like a viable alternative since we can't make pellets.

I found hydrogen to be a good replacement for coal pellets. I put like 6 stacks in there and don't have to worry about it for a while. I'm still fairly early game though, I haven't automated inserting the hydrogen but I think it can be done. Carbon would also work, and has the same 200 burn time as the coal pellets, but hydrogen is basically free.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Any adverse effects from disabling MineChem's fluid effects? A source block of sucrose is just... mind blowingly powerful. If I disable the fluid effects, is there any quest I would have difficulty doing?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
A strange thing appened to my tree farm.

Suddenly trees stop to grow after several days and my syngas production is stopped.

I've run into decision to switch from syngas to rocket fuel for my turbine.

As @Caithleen said in near version syngas being nerved.

Until I have a good supply of gunpowder I convert my gas turbine in steam turbine.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Only syngas being nerfed or the gas turbine ?

What do you think of the idea to make breathable oxygen with minechem ?

Only syngas, im happy with the adv. generators balance wise. minechem oxygen to breathable air would be some cross mod function the developers of the mods would need to make.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Any adverse effects from disabling MineChem's fluid effects? A source block of sucrose is just... mind blowingly powerful. If I disable the fluid effects, is there any quest I would have difficulty doing?

Not really. Coating stuff with chemicals and pouring them are basically fluff mechanics.

Reactions: EchoingZen

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
I think this was talked about earlier, but is the T5 map where you go to do all the Tardis/Dalek mod stuff when that comes out? Just curious so I don't keep trying to figure out how to do those mods and blood magic :confused:

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the T5 map currently is that the designer of it is kinda inactive. Im allready looking for an alternate builder (since im so bad at building stuff...) :(

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I found hydrogen to be a good replacement for coal pellets. I put like 6 stacks in there and don't have to worry about it for a while. I'm still fairly early game though, I haven't automated inserting the hydrogen but I think it can be done. Carbon would also work, and has the same 200 burn time as the coal pellets, but hydrogen is basically free.
While I agree that hydrogen and carbon are good fuel items for things, my tree farms early game were multiple choppers outside my base, and at the time it was easier to just make stacks of planks from the logs I was taking out of the choppers than it was to carry a bunch of chems around with me to add fuel. Either works though.
Only syngas, im happy with the adv. generators balance wise. minechem oxygen to breathable air would be some cross mod function the developers of the mods would need to make.
Oxygen is so easy to get in large quantities in minechem that I think it would almost unbalance the early game of this pack when you have to work on oxygen production.
Hypovolemia is near to a larger alpha :)
Is that pack in a playable state yet? Close to it? The concept sounds fun. If you still need testers, I could help out.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Is that pack in a playable state yet? Close to it? The concept sounds fun. If you still need testers, I could help out.
The first 8-10 hours are kinda completed and stable. We have 10 active testers during closed alpha that reported a lot. (With caith as modpack dev there are not many issues anyway :))

Last edited:
Reactions: Caithleen

beocca

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my battlesuit and your right, its AWESOME. Any advice on portable charging devices for it?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Any advice on portable charging devices for it?
If I'm not wrong there is a sort of qbit cell that take power from the redfluxfield made by the entangler.

But I think it's disabled in this pack or the version of quantum flux is too old.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

hanjuso

Jul 29, 2019
My friend got stuck on a space station (unable to refuel) so he tried to jump off to the overworld. He 'fell off the world' (burned in the atmosphere?) and died. And then died again. And again. He's stuck in a death loop.
Is there a legit way to rescue him? I can tp him at any time (at least I hope that I can), but I'd rather not cheat.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
My friend got stuck on a space station (unable to refuel) so he tried to jump off to the overworld. He 'fell off the world' (burned in the atmosphere?) and died. And then died again. And again. He's stuck in a death loop.
Is there a legit way to rescue him? I can tp him at any time (at least I hope that I can), but I'd rather not cheat.
If he is stuck, tp him.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Space stations are so mean and buggy. I should have turned them off but many like them so much :/

TP him, thats no cheating, thats just loading the last save before it broke ;)

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying the pack so far and crafted T1 Rocket...just want to check do anyone craft T1 rocket or direct to T2? The hqm is asking me to craft T2 instead of T1 so I'm kinda lost.

And is there any quest line on how to launch them? First time on galaticraft..

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
T1 will fly you ... to the moon. Which is kinda uninteresting in this pack. So aim straight for T2 rocket. Theres a questline (the one you allready saw) that gives you the rough direction.

You need 9 launchpads laid down, the rocket in the middle. A fuel loader next to the pad to fill it with rocket fuel (the gc one). Keep in mind, that for returning to the moon, you will need the same infrastructure on the planet you travel too. (Or play with teleporters). Thermal padding might also be a good idea ;)

hanjuso

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the rocket quest should state that t1 rocket is pretty much useless in our situation, and that's why we need to go straight to t2. It's confusing for players that have not used galacticraft before.
I also think that quests should mention what is needed to get back. It didn't occur to us that we should take the fuel loader and some energy with us. That's not obvious for new players.
Having to google how to craft the t2 rocket (the schematic, where to get it) is not fun either.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Omg....I got myself a tier 1 rocket...so I got to dump it into trash can and rebuild another 1? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.