Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinMC

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing your pack, along with a number of other Jampack2 entries, for just over a week now so I guess I should provide some feedback of the early game(T1). I've only just finished my T2 Rocket to get to Mars so I won't comment on T2 yet. This pack is definitely the one I'm enjoying the most .

The good.
Not too much grind and what there is of it feels like your working towards a known goal, you actually see the progression from your work.
Nice quest rewards, I like it when the reward from one quest leads to progression in another quest
A number of mods that I'm not familiar with and those I do know are tweaked and tiered enough to feel different.
I haven't come across any bugs/conflicts that have spoilt my experience.

The bad
This is the only critical one. The new update on your launcher doesn't create the proper new single player world, is lockdown/template not included as you launcher is for your server players?
You can't save and re-enter without restarting Minecraft. I've seen this on other packs so maybe there is nothing you can do about it.
The fuel pellets recipe from progressive automation conflicts with a Galacticraft recipe making them uncraftable. The pellets are mentioned in a quest as if I have been able to use them.
The Trees on The Moon quest keeps flashing even when completed.
This is a highly subjective one, its something that I really bugs me but many others don't care about, breaking the 4th wall in quest descriptions. It really destroys immersion for me.

Thanks for all the work you've done on the pack and good luck with the contest.

Reactions: Caithleen

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing your pack, along with a number of other Jampack2 entries, for just over a week now so I guess I should provide some feedback of the early game(T1). I've only just finished my T2 Rocket to get to Mars so I won't comment on T2 yet. This pack is definitely the one I'm enjoying the most .

The good.
Not too much grind and what there is of it feels like your working towards a known goal, you actually see the progression from your work.
Nice quest rewards, I like it when the reward from one quest leads to progression in another quest
A number of mods that I'm not familiar with and those I do know are tweaked and tiered enough to feel different.
I haven't come across any bugs/conflicts that have spoilt my experience.

The bad
This is the only critical one. The new update on your launcher doesn't create the proper new single player world, is lockdown/template not included as you launcher is for your server players?
You can't save and re-enter without restarting Minecraft. I've seen this on other packs so maybe there is nothing you can do about it.
The fuel pellets recipe from progressive automation conflicts with a Galacticraft recipe making them uncraftable. The pellets are mentioned in a quest as if I have been able to use them.
The Trees on The Moon quest keeps flashing even when completed.
This is a highly subjective one, its something that I really bugs me but many others don't care about, breaking the 4th wall in quest descriptions. It really destroys immersion for me.

Thanks for all the work you've done on the pack and good luck with the contest.

First - Thanks for your feedback and im glad you like it!

The mym launcher has no singleplayer files on it - its also optimized more for the server. If you want to play it single, you should fall back to the FTB client for now.

The client-restart thingy has to do with ex nihilo and modtweaker. MT wants to reload the recipes but fails for the ex nihilo ones. Open issue on MT bugtracker, hope they fix it. For the server the mym guys seem to have a mgic fix, so you can rejoin the server but are missing the client side recipes then. Not nice but some similar packs suffer from it too (ags2).

I tried to make an alternative recipe for the pellets. In a previous version the quest even was about making pellets. But didnt work out :( But since we have minechem, use carbon or hydrogen! Youre swimming in it anyway and they behave like pellets :)

Trees on the moon flashing is allready fixed (its due to no icon on it) but update hold back since it would most likely trigger a quest reset.

Could you elaborate what you mean with the 4th wall? My music references? :D

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
just updated and included.

Reactions: Caithleen

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
This is an amazing pack. Im not really found of HQM packs, but this is one i can defiantly play.

I like how it uses mods no one else does.

Great job at @Cathleen and MineYourMind team

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for something exactly like this, the start of the map is a little confusing as I heard a sheep on the other side of my starting box, not sure if the is green lush fields on the other side ;) I look forward to bringing pack into my fold of LP's

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Any info on when the update is coming to the ftb launcher?
If you put the pack code in the 3rd party Pack section, after you clicked the Pack Code button, type in this " THX2MYM " (without the quotes) and your good to go

Wumpsi

Jul 29, 2019
You can escape easily from the starting box! The glass blocks at the ceiling dropping as reuseable blocks. And what must i see? The government was lying. There was no nuclear dawn..... :)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You can escape easily from the starting box! The glass blocks at the ceiling dropping as reuseable blocks. And what must i see? The government was lying. There was no nuclear dawn..... :)
It's a conspiracy I tell you, we are all lunar survival test subjects picked at random

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
1.07 has been applied to the server yesterday. It has been uploaded now for the FTB team to update the launcher.

D.N.A

Jul 29, 2019
From what i can tell so far, this is a pretty nice pack.
I think you forgot a ";" in your .zs file as running "/mt reload" gave me the following error:
ERROR: Error parsing xxx.zs:15 --; expected
Searching through the mt file i found a missing semicolon in line 14.
Fixed it for me but just wanted to let you know, so you can fix it in your next update :)

D.N.A

Jul 29, 2019
Derp! Downloaded the previous version like 2 or 3 minutes before 1.07 was available ;) *Stands in the corner, banging his head on the wall*

Status
Not open for further replies.