Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mortal

So I have a problem I created a private server with hamachi, but my friend can not connect. (Yes it is on my hamachi network)

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
So I have a problem I created a private server with hamachi, but my friend can not connect. (Yes it is on my hamachi network)
This doesn't sound like a modpack related issue. There are many tutorials out there which explain how to host a local server.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously - how are you supposed to get enderman heads? Enderman are pretty difficult to farm and the chance of the head dropping is close to nothing. I can't believe you need a bunch of enderman heads for this pack and there is no way to get them other than luck. Some people said they got them in reward bags but all my reward bags have been garbage. I will glady trade 20 "Spawn Paul" eggs for an enderman head.

The reward bags are really poorly designed in general. Either they give you a huge advantage (things like enderman heads or spawn cow eggs) or they are completely worthless (creeper and zombie eggs). Even the tanks of lava which I got about 10 times are pretty worthless as lava is so easy to make and so are the tanks.

But at least there is a quest reward that gives you leather - though if that isn't enough you are kind of boned since it is (almost?) impossible to make keratin in MineChem. But nothing I can see for enderman heads and you need multiples of those for dimensional transceivers and you can't make them in MineChem.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Option 1 Make a polytool. Add a bunch of Beryllium. Use the polytool as a weapon to kill Endermen.
Option 2 Explore lunar dungeons. Find (or make for that matter) a weapon called the ender. Learn how to empower it

Both option 1 and 2 produce weapons that increase the chance of the beheading mobs. With the polytool you may have to add 4 or more STACKS of beryllium. I don't know how to empower the Ender, because in the community world it was someone else who did that part of it.

If you have run out of Enderman spawn eggs, I think you can make an autospawner with RF tools. You feed it various things and it makes a mob of a particular type. You may have to research that as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2zvyo5/full_overview_of_the_rftools_spawner/

http://wiki.enderio.com/The_Ender

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Option 1 Make a polytool. Add a bunch of Beryllium. Use the polytool as a weapon to kill Endermen.
Option 2 Explore lunar dungeons. Find (or make for that matter) a weapon called the ender. Learn how to empower it

Both option 1 and 2 produce weapons that increase the chance of the beheading mobs. With the polytool you may have to add 4 or more STACKS of beryllium. I don't know how to empower the Ender, because in the community world it was someone else who did that part of it.

If you have run out of Enderman spawn eggs, I think you can make an autospawner with RF tools. You feed it various things and it makes a mob of a particular type. You may have to research that as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2zvyo5/full_overview_of_the_rftools_spawner/

http://wiki.enderio.com/The_Ender

To empower the Ender(or any dark steel tool): you need to combine the ender(or the dark steel tool) with a vibrant crystal in an anvil

K

KocLobster

Can someone please explain to me how to obtain meaningful amounts of tin? I've searched as best I can, online and through NEI, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get more tin, it seems a nonrenewable resource and that very soon I'll use up all my tin canisters from eating and that'll be that. What am I missing? Why are there three different mods each with it's own texture and recipe for tin/tin ingots?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
You can decompose the empty tin cans of food you've eaten. That gives a surprising amount of tin. On the moon, early game you really just need it primarily for the rocket. Sieving gravel will give you all the metals you need. Be sure and set up a few auto sieves and some sort of power system to run them. And an automatic system for producing gravel, or at least partially automatic.

I believe this video will help explain how to do some early automation....

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Can someone please explain to me how to obtain meaningful amounts of tin? I've searched as best I can, online and through NEI, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get more tin, it seems a nonrenewable resource and that very soon I'll use up all my tin canisters from eating and that'll be that. What am I missing? Why are there three different mods each with it's own texture and recipe for tin/tin ingots?
Multiple mods have different tin(ingots) items because they don't want to depend on other mods to be used

K

KocLobster

You can decompose the empty tin cans of food you've eaten. That gives a surprising amount of tin. On the moon, early game you really just need it primarily for the rocket. Sieving gravel will give you all the metals you need. Be sure and set up a few auto sieves and some sort of power system to run them. And an automatic system for producing gravel, or at least partially automatic.

I believe this video will help explain how to do some early automation....

Thanks for your post :) I actually already have most things at least semi automated, 6 generators powering 3 automatic sieves. I guess I will start sacrificing my tin canisters for tin, I was using them to make new cans of food but I guess that isn't necessary now that I have soooo much food. It just seemed efficient at the time. That however won't be enough tin for my needs, so thanks for the gravel tip, I'll start sieving stacks of that now.

Edit: Are you sure gravel can be sieved for tin ore? That doesn't come standard with Ex Nihilo (I just checked the wikia) and as such I can't easily confirm that until I get home later and can use NEI.

K

KocLobster

I also had a couple random questions for all you experts out there...

Can you setup a transfer or retrieval node on a wood chopper to constantly pull/push out the extra saplings & wood created (without taking out the axes)? Does it automatically know not to take out the chopper's equipped axe, or do you need to use a filter so the node doesnt take it?

More importantly, is there a way to automatically supply a chopper with axes? (Hoppers don't seem to work with it this way- in fact they act pretty dumb...maybe a transfer/retrieval node with just a supply of iron axes?)

Also, I can put a retrieval node on an automatic sieve, right? No fuss or anything special required?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I also had a couple random questions for all you experts out there...

Can you setup a transfer or retrieval node on a wood chopper to constantly pull/push out the extra saplings & wood created (without taking out the axes)? Does it automatically know not to take out the chopper's equipped axe, or do you need to use a filter so the node doesnt take it?

More importantly, is there a way to automatically supply a chopper with axes? (Hoppers don't seem to work with it this way- in fact they act pretty dumb...maybe a transfer/retrieval node with just a supply of iron axes?)

Also, I can put a retrieval node on an automatic sieve, right? No fuss or anything special required?

Well, if you want, my other videos show how I went about automation. You can automate your chopper. I just used transfer nodes. One pulling from the chopper to get the products and deposit them into barrel and another pulling from a barrel full of axes feed the chopper. The transfer node shouldn't pull the axes or fuel out of the chopper (if you don't have a redstone engine in it already).

K

KocLobster

Is anyone familiar with the Vein Hammer, part of the Router Reborn mod? The internet doesn't seem to know about it's existence, and the mod's thread on the forums doesn't look like it actually includes the item. What is this thing? I thought maybe it worked in place of the Vein Miner mod, but it didn't do anything for me.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Are you sure gravel can be sieved for tin ore? That doesn't come standard with Ex Nihilo (I just checked the wikia) and as such I can't easily confirm that until I get home later and can use NEI.

Sieving gravel provided more than enough tin. Before I had that fully automated I just decomposed food tins for the small amount of tin I needed. If you review the thread you'll notice the only people who ever posted a lack of tin were those who didn't have gravel sieves fully automated. :p Tin, copper, and lead were the only ingot barrels I needed upgrades on I had so much of those laying around.

F

Fayenator

I seem to be having a problem with Advanced Generators. I don't know if I missed something but my Fluid Intake Valve isn't.. well, taking in fluids. I've tried everything I can think of. I copied the exact builds of different tutorial videos, I tried various fuels, etc. Nothing seems to works :(

Any help is appreciated.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Let me guess... You need to point the Intake at where the source is, then pipe it to where you want the fluid to go.

Am I correct?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

F

Fayenator

Well, not really, I think. The Intake Block looks the same on all sides and all sides connect to the conduit, so I assume that it doens't matter from what side you pipe in the liquid (but I DID try it out from various sides anyway). As I said, I copied several builds from tutorial videos. None of them worked. Apparently you're even supposed to be able to put a tank on top of the Valve Block and voilà. Doesn't work for me either, obviously.

N

Notjack123

I am having a problem with the HQM book, I craft certain items, specifically the black hole storage, and it doesn't say i have complete the task. Anyone know what i can do?

K

KocLobster

I am having a problem with the HQM book, I craft certain items, specifically the black hole storage, and it doesn't say i have complete the task. Anyone know what i can do?

I had problems similar to this but with another mod pack. I don't know how to fix it, only a work-around. Use the command /hqm edit and it will spawn a new HQM book on the ground next to you, and with it you can automatically complete any quest you select.

Status
Not open for further replies.