[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Throwing Projectiles such as snowballs creates this issue, sleeping/reloggin fixes it

Mytown issue :C
Archimedies screw :D... Liquidhopper dupe bug D:

Ah alright.
And didn't know there was a dupe-bug. :<
Hope that gets fixed at some point, love the liquid hopper.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to start a new game from scratch. Fresh 1.2.6 install (1.2.7 on the launcher) with no mod changes. Food Journal still crashes, and this is the error I get when I open and close the book. It opens fine, but crashes on close:

Crash report:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 2/19/15 5:14 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 6, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75139_a(SourceFile:104)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75141_a(SourceFile:385)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147266_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1021)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S2FPacketSetSlot.func_148833_a(SourceFile:27)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S2FPacketSetSlot.func_148833_a(SourceFile:10)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Please send me your world save, it isnt happening with me

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble getting Squid Plant seeds? I've got two stacks of ink but no seeds yet. Am I expected to find them in bunkers? I've cleared out three bunkers, and while i've found a number of different seeds, no squid yet.

I had the same problem but had 2 stacks of inc and 1 stack of raw squid. Then got 1 seed. Planted it on water, bonemeal it 2-3 times (don't let it spew a squid, when it's mature, whack it and it'll give more seeds than killing the squid for squid seeds.)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Cooling down in general seems to be difficult. The recipe for cool water seems to be disabled.

Also, NEI doesn't have recipes for many of the items, frying pan being one of them. Is there a supplement I can download to add the rest of the recipes?
Having a stack of ice in your hot bar keeps you cool....., snow helps too

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, :/

They end up stop generating about 500 blocks away from spawn or so. It's different in the different directions. I think East they stop in 500 and north is about 1600. I've got a good idea in my head to get some more gold hopefully it will work.
Which map are you running, the new one or the old?

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
  • The Strength zombies (the guys wearing the red helmets) are a pain in the ass to deal with, because they run faster than you and will pick up and drop you repeatedly which makes it a pain to fight it in melee range (you can't hit it when it's picked you up) and a death sentence when other mobs are nearby to slap you / blow up in your face while this guy picks you up and prevents you from hitting anything.
I thought that too until I learned that you can press shift to unmount them.

• Any mob which displays behavior from Special AI seems to randomly become immune to knockback which makes melee combat surprisingly difficult, considering that some zombies will charge you down / jump at you (especially the strength zombie) and you can't knock creepers away then backpedal to prevent them exploding.
I don't think this has anything to do with Special AI. If a mob is wearing armor the knockback is reduced. If the mob is on fire the knockback might also not come through. Both are vanilla mechanics. If a mob charges you, then you just need to side step it. If you need a stronger knockback try the TiCon frying pan + knockback modiferes.

• The mob totems. I'm talking about creepers riding creepers riding creepers. Not only does it look ridiculous but unless you have a bow you have no way of dealing with these. Also mobs will occasionally grab and throw other nearby mobs at you meaning nearby creepers become hand grenades with a 1 second fuse that you can't knock away thanks to point 2.
Well you start out with a bow so... Use a shield if you have a problem with creepers getting thrown at you. But I've made the experience that you don't take much damage from a creeper explosion unless you stay on the same block as the creeper(unless you're wearing no armor which would be pretty stupid).

The mod was really intended to be added alone or with one or two extra mods, when this is added on top of Special Mobs, Zombie Awareness, Infernal mobs and that mod that slows backpedalling, it really becomes impossible to kill anything at night in the early game (which is required thanks to multiple early game quests requiring zombie flesh, leather, bones or skulls..)
I never had a problem with the first nights to be honest. If you have such a big problem then stay at the door of your base and bash every zombie which tries to get in and close the door if one actually gets in. Don't pull the whole map at once. Use your bow for creepers. Smart moving adds dashes(double tap a direction key). I didn't even notice until now that backpedaling is slowed. If you get unlucky with infernal mobs in your first night, then tough luck you just wasted 5 minutes of your life, restart and everything will be fine.

Past the first nights you'll be equipped with a full krekorite armor, have a shield(optional), have a fully leveld Tinker's weaopn(even a wooden one get's op very fast and you can change parts after you reach master), an army of your own golems and base defense turrets and unkillable pet dogs.

Also if you don't want to fight the mobs, then just sleep. If you're to incompetent to fight them, wall a spawner in and fight those mobs.

Another small hint I learned recently: If you want Looting or Fortune on your tinker's weapons or tools then add 1 Lapis as soon as possible. The modifiers seem to level aswell(even after you reach master) so by the time your tool/weapon reaches master you'll already have about 150/450 and maybe already be at Fortune/Looting 2. I'm not sure if this works for sharpness aswell.

Last edited:
Reactions: karmarcharger

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm sorry if anyone else ever had the same problem but the pack won't launch. Any other FTB modpack or Third party pack works perfectly but for BlastOff I get the following error :

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Blast Off! v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Blast Off! 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 10240
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Adding Optimization Arguments
[19:15:56] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:15:56] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Any idea of what I could do to solve it ? I tried to delete the pack's instance and to redownload it but it didn't stop it from not launching...

Still no idea what could possibly be wrong ?

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted the FTB folder specified in the option screen and the ftb folder in the appdata. Apparently after redownloading the pack it encountered an issue but instead of giving up it used a backup method that didn't happen before. After that minecraft launched correctly. Thanks and good job for your hard work !

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted the FTB folder specified in the option screen and the ftb folder in the appdata. Apparently after redownloading the pack it encountered an issue but instead of giving up it used a backup method that didn't happen before. After that minecraft launched correctly. Thanks and good job for your hard work !
Thx, I am guessing its because different modpack uses different versions of Forge and hence creating the issue

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
screemshots please, i doubt it can get so high xD unless its an orange name one
I exaggerated a bit ;P The highest I have seen yet was some skeleton archer with 400 something hp. That was before infernals got nerfed and before we started out with flint arrows(I remember that part because it took the whole 32 arrows back then and still had hp left >_<).

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I exaggerated a bit ;P The highest I have seen yet was some skeleton archer with 400 something hp. That was before infernals got nerfed and before we started out with flint arrows(I remember that part because it took the whole 32 arrows back then and still had hp left >_<).
Infernal mobs works on HP multiplying, so the lower the default hp, the lower the infernal HP will be... The highest HP will be an infernal Enderdragon/Wither