[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
can anyone help me with making the pressure chamber, i deperately need to make the machines to progress further, and i can't without making the thing, whenever i think i set it up right, it spews fireworks everywhere,
Just putting my first pressure chamber together and i got my rain plant seeds (for the interfaces) turned into plastic, broke open the Pressure chamber and got quite an impressive fireworks display until i broke my still running comressor. I guess the particle effect of the escaping pressure has been somehow changed to fireworks. It was pretty awesome, had a good laugh.

Buddha, i'd suggest youtube or google, looks like you are probably overpressuring and getting an explosion. lots of good lets plays to help out with setting up a stable system.

2015-02-19_11.31.45.png

Last edited:

Haychurnaw14

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,, I think I'm a complete idiot but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cobble or anything, I've mined all around and all I fined is hardened clay... (total noob moment... real sorry XP)

danchizz

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that speed buff stacking. Sometimes FOV raises much more than it must be, speed too, but player warping back due to desynchronization between client and server (guess SSP worlds runs with local server) keeping its true speed. For fixing that you need take off MyFit (speed keeps glitchy increased after wearing off the buffs) and reload world. And i can't update MyFit to see if problem fixed.

Germinies

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,, I think I'm a complete idiot but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cobble or anything, I've mined all around and all I fined is hardened clay... (total noob moment... real sorry XP)

to get cobble stone you have to break hardened gravel with an ex nihilo hammer. you will get normal gravel and some stones. 4 stones = 1 cobblestone

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
One little thing with the new steve's carts quest-tree:
The first (crafting the Cart Assembler) gives you the "Upgrade: Cart Modifier", the quest after that with crafting the drill-parts of the cart gives you the option to choose the same reward, too. Not needed in the second quest anymore :)

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
An irritating bug I found lately... getting a Speed potion effect (potions, sake, myFit etc) occasionally doesn't work correctly and leads to a rubber banding effect where your character stops moving or hops backward when running, I'm guessing this is because the internal server doesn't register the buff? Also the console gets spammed with "[Server thread/WARN]: <username> moved wrongly!" Relogging seems to fix this temporarily.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
An irritating bug I found lately... getting a Speed potion effect (potions, sake, myFit etc) occasionally doesn't work correctly and leads to a rubber banding effect where your character stops moving or hops backward when running, I'm guessing this is because the internal server doesn't register the buff? Also the console gets spammed with "[Server thread/WARN]: <username> moved wrongly!" Relogging seems to fix this temporarily.
I think that is a Mojang issue sadly...

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble getting Squid Plant seeds? I've got two stacks of ink but no seeds yet. Am I expected to find them in bunkers? I've cleared out three bunkers, and while i've found a number of different seeds, no squid yet.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also really not a fan of the Special AI mod in this pack, for three reasons:
  • The Strength zombies (the guys wearing the red helmets) are a pain in the ass to deal with, because they run faster than you and will pick up and drop you repeatedly which makes it a pain to fight it in melee range (you can't hit it when it's picked you up) and a death sentence when other mobs are nearby to slap you / blow up in your face while this guy picks you up and prevents you from hitting anything.
  • Any mob which displays behavior from Special AI seems to randomly become immune to knockback which makes melee combat surprisingly difficult, considering that some zombies will charge you down / jump at you (especially the strength zombie) and you can't knock creepers away then backpedal to prevent them exploding.
  • The mob totems. I'm talking about creepers riding creepers riding creepers. Not only does it look ridiculous but unless you have a bow you have no way of dealing with these. Also mobs will occasionally grab and throw other nearby mobs at you meaning nearby creepers become hand grenades with a 1 second fuse that you can't knock away thanks to point 2.
The mod was really intended to be added alone or with one or two extra mods, when this is added on top of Special Mobs, Zombie Awareness, Infernal mobs and that mod that slows backpedalling, it really becomes impossible to kill anything at night in the early game (which is required thanks to multiple early game quests requiring zombie flesh, leather, bones or skulls..)

I suppose I'm glad Special AI shamans aren't as OP as they used to be though. Zombie hordes with insane regen, resistance, strength and speed buffs with immunity to knockback and daytime fire? No thanks :eek:

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Make a wood ex nihilo hammer find hardened gravel in the ore mountains or somtimes in groups on the ground. It's lighter in color than the clay.

hammer the hardened gravel for stone pieces craft 4 to make cobble.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also really not a fan of the Special AI mod in this pack, for three reasons:
  • The Strength zombies (the guys wearing the red helmets) are a pain in the ass to deal with, because they run faster than you and will pick up and drop you repeatedly which makes it a pain to fight it in melee range (you can't hit it when it's picked you up) and a death sentence when other mobs are nearby to slap you / blow up in your face while this guy picks you up and prevents you from hitting anything.
  • Any mob which displays behavior from Special AI seems to randomly become immune to knockback which makes melee combat surprisingly difficult, considering that some zombies will charge you down / jump at you (especially the strength zombie) and you can't knock creepers away then backpedal to prevent them exploding.
  • The mob totems. I'm talking about creepers riding creepers riding creepers. Not only does it look ridiculous but unless you have a bow you have no way of dealing with these. Also mobs will occasionally grab and throw other nearby mobs at you meaning nearby creepers become hand grenades with a 1 second fuse that you can't knock away thanks to point 2.
The mod was really intended to be added alone or with one or two extra mods, when this is added on top of Special Mobs, Zombie Awareness, Infernal mobs and that mod that slows backpedalling, it really becomes impossible to kill anything at night in the early game (which is required thanks to multiple early game quests requiring zombie flesh, leather, bones or skulls..)

I suppose I'm glad Special AI shamans aren't as OP as they used to be though. Zombie hordes with insane regen, resistance, strength and speed buffs with immunity to knockback and daytime fire? No thanks :eek:

This is a common problem with mod pack devs. They think that by adding in all these special mobs that it makes combat better and the game fun and more interesting. Unfortunately what it actually does is forces you down one and only very boring combat strategy. Walled-in combat where you block yourself in and kill things that show up in a 1 block opening. I keep waiting for mod pack devs to figure this out, but each one decides to throw in infernal mobs/endermobs/etc. This pack even has more than most, making it even more silly and pointless to engage in open combat. (The only exception is when you can fly, these mobs become less threatening.)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to start a new game from scratch. Fresh 1.2.6 install (1.2.7 on the launcher) with no mod changes. Food Journal still crashes, and this is the error I get when I open and close the book. It opens fine, but crashes on close:

Crash report:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 2/19/15 5:14 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 6, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75139_a(SourceFile:104)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75141_a(SourceFile:385)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147266_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1021)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S2FPacketSetSlot.func_148833_a(SourceFile:27)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S2FPacketSetSlot.func_148833_a(SourceFile:10)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger:
Test-Server has the problem with mytown (or what it was) that you cannot blow up tnt.

First time I used a creeper to get the compressed iron for starting pneumaticcraft xD

[edit]
And is it meant, that the liquid-hopper-recipe is disabled? o_O
(really wonder how to collect water automatically early now. Buildcraft pump has the problem that you need to be lucky with getting an iron-pickaxe from monster-drop ^^")

Last edited:

paronormalpeng

Jul 29, 2019
I fear tomorrow will be my last time playing blast off. I thin I'll be able to complete the final quests. If I don't get a chance to say this tomorrow then, thank you karma for creating this pack it's been a wonderful experience! I can't wait for the future update which I'll also be playing.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Throwing Projectiles such as snowballs creates this issue, sleeping/reloggin fixes it
@karmarcharger:
Test-Server has the problem with mytown (or what it was) that you cannot blow up tnt.

First time I used a creeper to get the compressed iron for starting pneumaticcraft xD

[edit]
And is it meant, that the liquid-hopper-recipe is disabled? o_O
(really wonder how to collect water automatically early now. Buildcraft pump has the problem that you need to be lucky with getting an iron-pickaxe from monster-drop ^^")
Mytown issue :C
Archimedies screw :D... Liquidhopper dupe bug D: