[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
If they are doing the steve carts quest line, they are doing steve carts.... I dont understand what you mean by strict progress? They can do the farming cart first before they do the Wood cutter quest, it would be registered in the quest book...
Yeah but if they one to actually complete and claim the reward for the quest they have to make a woodcutter and coal engine. You can't claim the reward for the farming one if you don't make the woodcutter first therefore forcing you to make the woodcutter if you ever want to get said reward.
In my suggestion you would be able to finish the farming quest AND claim it's reward before doing the woodcutter one. I mean is there a logical reason why you need to have the woodcutter one before the farming one or a reason to force the player to make a coal engine if they have the ressource to make a solar one.

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
You are mistaken. The vast majority of people will always take the easiest road in these games as long as it doesn't cross over their personal cheating line. That is the plain and simple truth, people are always in a rush to get nowhere.

Limiting certain options to certain points in the tech tree adds content, people use things they wouldn't normally use and then upgrade to better options later, you have more things to do. This is far better than having access to everything at the start. I have spent far more time playing this pack than any other mod pack I have ever played, and that's a very good thing. In the other packs I run out of things to do, I quickly set up my fully automated systems using the best tools for the job, and then I can either sit around and do meaningless horde quests, or move on to another pack. I have only scratched the surface of this pack, and that is amazing. It's not "grind" as it's all normal gameplay, you aren't sitting there collecting a million buckets of milk for a random reward bag, you are slowly progressing through the tech tree, gathering more resources as you need them.

If people always took the easiest route everyone would be playing creative and nobody would ever use steve cart in more conventionnal modpack but people still use it.

And I'm not saying that you should have everything from the start just that you should have more than 1 option at a given time and that within a certain mod you should have more choice as how to progress in said mod and not have to be forced to make machine A before B for no arbitrary reason to progress in quest line.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
If people always took the easiest route everyone would be playing creative and nobody would ever use steve cart in more conventionnal modpack but people still use it.

And I'm not saying that you should have everything from the start just that you should have more than 1 option at a given time and that within a certain mod you should have more choice as how to progress in said mod and not have to be forced to make machine A before B for no arbitrary reason to progress in quest line.
Dude... Are you trying to say that I cant make quest that you find unnecessary?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
-Disabled Obsidian Pick head
What does this mean for the people who currently use it who got it from the quest reward a while ago?
Does it just mean that there is no access to it or does it mean that anyone using it will suddenly find it not useable anymore?

Also, ehhh as i said... you dont NEED to do the steve carts quest line.....

If you are saying I am restricting... then that means me disabling vanilla tools like what crash landing did is restricting everyone to tconstruct? and that i am eviilllll because I did that? D:

If people just played creative mode then they wouldn't have a need to be playing a modpack...?

Reactions: RojoM

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
1-I'm not having problem with wood like I said the wood-farm is just a exemple of the underlying problem which is the lack of choice in progression.

2-And on the arguments that if method A was included people would'nt ever use method B because method A is easier is just plain wrong. People aren't looking for the easiest way but the way that provide them fun if people aren't using method A it is simply because they don't get fun out of it. If people wanted the easiest way everyone would be playing creative mode.

3-As for the part where other modpack give you access to a sieve: it's because those modpack decided that past a certain point it was useless to virtually inflate the time it took to progress. I mean let's be honest grinding spires/meteors isn't hard/challenging/rewarding it just take time virtually inflating the amount of time between when you actually do something worthwhile. I mean past the first few spires/meteors are you still having fun mining them ?
What i am understanding is that you dont like that my quest lines have 1 option only? and you expect that every quest have multiple options?

And i am also understanding that because you cannot argue about only having one way of farming trees, you are now trying to argue that my quests are restrictive because you have to start a quest with a wood cutter?

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Also, ehhh as i said... you dont NEED to do the steve carts quest line.....

If you are saying I am restricting... then that means me disabling vanilla tools like what crash landing did is restricting everyone to tconstruct? and that i am eviilllll because I did that? D:

There is quite a big difference. I'm talking about the progression intra-mod not inter-mod. A more good anology was if you forced player to make a part builder before a stencil table or to force a player to make a chest before a furnace.

And on a side note : Don't think I hate steve cart I actually love that mod I just think that more people would be interested in it if the quest line would let them decide more how to progress.

When you are starting with your modpack what you do in the first few hours is basicly decided by what is your most pressing need (hunger , wood , base protection ,etc). So le'ts say I'm a new player that don't know about stevecart and right now I really need to automatize food production , I would have to make the woodcutter first to even know that there is a farmer cart and quest. If on the other hand the farming quest was separate I would know that this is a possibility and start amassing ressource to start steve carts.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
There is quite a big difference. I'm talking about the progression intra-mod not inter-mod. A more good anology was if you forced player to make a part builder before a stencil table or to force a player to make a chest before a furnace.

And on a side note : Don't think I hate steve cart I actually love that mod I just think that more people would be interested in it if the quest line would let them decide more how to progress.

When you are starting with your modpack what you do in the first few hours is basicly decided by what is your most pressing need (hunger , wood , base protection ,etc). So le'ts say I'm a new player that don't know about stevecart and right now I really need to automatize food production , I would have to make the woodcutter first to even know that there is a farmer cart and quest. If on the other hand the farming quest was separate I would know that this is a possibility and start amassing ressource to start steve carts.
I am letting players start the wood cutter because wood is one of the most essential starting items.... and i see nothing wrong doing it......

If you are a new player, I dont see how you can even start steves cart

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Punish people who doesnt want to use steve carts? No? I find that enderIO farming station is unbalanced, as compared to the steve cart, so rather then just disabling them, i made it end game.....

Basically the situation with Farming station was either disable or recipe change... I decided for recipe change to reward those players who are hardcore lovers of EnderIO
I'll admit the ender io farm does have a bit of magic associated with it, much like the harvesters in mfr when you really think about it. Now I've complained a bit myself about the seeming low tech of a space age mod, but when you think about it, pneumaticcraft and steves carts actually make a lot of sense since both rely on some form of robot to complete the task, they just require a little actual effort and you have to study up on the mods a bit, instead of just place and forget.

Now i don't think the ender io farmer is OP. It requires tool replacement. it requires an alternate power source (steve's can power themselves. And in this pack the upgrades are quite expensive, if you really want to nerf the farmer just make the quad and oct capacitors a little tougher to reach, once you aren't concerned with the recipes for the single capacitors the upper tiers are easy. Even without the Bedrockium, nobody is getting a farmer until they've solved galgador enough to get several other Ender IO blocks anyway. The material cost derived from the Ender IO Machine block is more than sufficient. If people want to grind stuff by hand that Steve's can automate until Ender IO, then that is their choice to make.

I'll admit that Steve's Factory Manager is about the most OP thing you can find, because it is one of the most well thought out automation managers. It does still require a programming learning curve, and really doesn't do anything you can't do with Pneumaticcraft. But given the so called "early game" automation capabilities of this pack i do think that the SFM blocks are so difficult in the level and amount of materials required, that people will only make the bits required for the quests and use them if they can. As much as i do like the new galgador approach, you still look at those recipes and die a little inside. By the time i can make that stuff, i will already have used other mods for all my needs, why is it even in the pack?

I feel that most of us would just rather you disable those blocks. There is a different type of disappointment when you see a block you really like that is disabled, or a mod that is not in the pack, versus a recipe that says "you will hate this even in the late game" Frankly i'd rather SFM wasn't even in the pack, so i wouldn't constantly be looking at it in NEI.

Why is logistics pipes in the pack? maybe a quest line so people who don't know much about it can get some simple systems set up?

I do think the involved quest lines need some rearranging. we need better quest rewards, and i can't tell you how many times I've ground myself to dust getting something only to find that further down the (highly intimidating) quest line i get that thing as a reward. Also as you can tell by reading this thread there are a lot of special tweaks that Karma has added (like the line to the smeltery) that don't get the explanations they need. The fact is that there are some simple things that can be easily solved with a sign in the starting area, or some explanation in the quest book (most of us dummies will eventually go in a read it even if we didn't the first time).

I do believe that Karma needs to take a break on the ADD ALL THE NEW THINGS! trip that has been occurring lately. Every patch and update there are new mods (often broken mods). What we need for a while is some refinement. Go back over the whole quest line looking at the customer experience and make sure that when people are expected to build a device, they have everything they need for that device. Give them some rewards that will actually help out or have meaning. Give us some rewards that are worth getting, particularly those at the end of long chains, I currently think that there isn't a single reward in the Flaxbeard line that makes it worth even attempting, and the rewards at the end of steve's carts is a joke. Make sure that everything that is in the pack is stable and the difficulty level is appropriate (survivable).

For instance, infernal mobs. I'm not worried about how often they spawn, it's the fact that every infernal mob I've encountered has 6 or more modifiers. On several occasions I've encountered mobs that are impossible to battle, 500hp+regen+poison+blindness mobs that apply those debuffs even to attacks at range? There are not items in this game that will get you through that battle. At one point i had a mob like that, a teleporting spider, that got stuck in my wall, and it was healing as fast as it was suffocating. The teleport+blind+regen was the problem, because by the time you got your sight back, and figured out where he'd gone, he'd healed every bit of damage he'd taken. (and my bow was doing upwards of 30 points of damage). the roguelikes are designed to be challenging even with vanilla mobs, and they would be. Adding a bunch of harder mobs without giving easy routes to comparable armor and weapons doesn't help (those mods that make the mobs tough are intended to combat those mods with the better gear) Infernal mobs can tax some of the most OP armors like blood magic. Even Karma digs through the wall rather than actually going inside because he knows it's suicide.

I still like this pack, I think Karma does a good job, but i think the focus for a while needs to be different. A lot of people started playing this pack, like me, because the Yog-tards started a lets play of it, and i don't think Karma was ready for that. As it stands the state of this pack will drive off more people than it attracts.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people started playing this pack, like me, because the Yog-tards started a lets play of it

Thanks for reminding me that they're actually doing it again. Kinda stress reliever just to watch them but that's all they mostly do. However I saw Chimneyswift11 is gonna start the pack too and see how far he does. :)

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Lol yog-tards, So thaaats what turned this place into a youtubes comments section. XD As I said more than 100 pages ago when their first blast off episode came out.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
AWWW YEA blaze building!
First spawn: Infernal unkillable cloaking ninga teleporting blaze.
First death in my world: Infernal unkillable ninga teleporting blaze XD
Welp. #worthit
I have renewable blaze rods and enderpearls cuz of the spawner I found and the chest next to it with ender plant seeds. :D. Oh, and high tier pneumaticraft stuff :DDD
Anyone jelaous yet? (Meanwhile tetshio is on the moon with a fully made ME system and etcetcetc.)

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
I am letting players start the wood cutter because wood is one of the most essential starting items.... and i see nothing wrong doing it......

If you are a new player, I dont see how you can even start steves cart

And food is not ? You can survive without wood but not without food.

And by new player I don't mean someone that just just started but more in the sense of first playthrough and without knowledge of steve carts machines/carts.

Anyway I'm done trying to give constructive critisism as you don't seems to receptive to it right now. (As a developper I understand it can sometime be quite hard to accept critisism all the time)
I just wanted to help new players know what choice are available to them and penalize them less for choosing alternate routes. I really think your modpack is very nice but could be awesome with just a small few changes in the quests orders/subdivisions.

Have a nice day. :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I'll admit the ender io farm does have a bit of magic associated with it, much like the harvesters in mfr when you really think about it. Now I've complained a bit myself about the seeming low tech of a space age mod, but when you think about it, pneumaticcraft and steves carts actually make a lot of sense since both rely on some form of robot to complete the task, they just require a little actual effort and you have to study up on the mods a bit, instead of just place and forget.

Now i don't think the ender io farmer is OP. It requires tool replacement. it requires an alternate power source (steve's can power themselves. And in this pack the upgrades are quite expensive, if you really want to nerf the farmer just make the quad and oct capacitors a little tougher to reach, once you aren't concerned with the recipes for the single capacitors the upper tiers are easy. Even without the Bedrockium, nobody is getting a farmer until they've solved galgador enough to get several other Ender IO blocks anyway. The material cost derived from the Ender IO Machine block is more than sufficient. If people want to grind stuff by hand that Steve's can automate until Ender IO, then that is their choice to make.

I'll admit that Steve's Factory Manager is about the most OP thing you can find, because it is one of the most well thought out automation managers. It does still require a programming learning curve, and really doesn't do anything you can't do with Pneumaticcraft. But given the so called "early game" automation capabilities of this pack i do think that the SFM blocks are so difficult in the level and amount of materials required, that people will only make the bits required for the quests and use them if they can. As much as i do like the new galgador approach, you still look at those recipes and die a little inside. By the time i can make that stuff, i will already have used other mods for all my needs, why is it even in the pack?

I feel that most of us would just rather you disable those blocks. There is a different type of disappointment when you see a block you really like that is disabled, or a mod that is not in the pack, versus a recipe that says "you will hate this even in the late game" Frankly i'd rather SFM wasn't even in the pack, so i wouldn't constantly be looking at it in NEI.

Why is logistics pipes in the pack? maybe a quest line so people who don't know much about it can get some simple systems set up?

I do think the involved quest lines need some rearranging. we need better quest rewards, and i can't tell you how many times I've ground myself to dust getting something only to find that further down the (highly intimidating) quest line i get that thing as a reward. Also as you can tell by reading this thread there are a lot of special tweaks that Karma has added (like the line to the smeltery) that don't get the explanations they need. The fact is that there are some simple things that can be easily solved with a sign in the starting area, or some explanation in the quest book (most of us dummies will eventually go in a read it even if we didn't the first time).

I do believe that Karma needs to take a break on the ADD ALL THE NEW THINGS! trip that has been occurring lately. Every patch and update there are new mods (often broken mods). What we need for a while is some refinement. Go back over the whole quest line looking at the customer experience and make sure that when people are expected to build a device, they have everything they need for that device. Give them some rewards that will actually help out or have meaning. Give us some rewards that are worth getting, particularly those at the end of long chains, I currently think that there isn't a single reward in the Flaxbeard line that makes it worth even attempting, and the rewards at the end of steve's carts is a joke. Make sure that everything that is in the pack is stable and the difficulty level is appropriate (survivable).

For instance, infernal mobs. I'm not worried about how often they spawn, it's the fact that every infernal mob I've encountered has 6 or more modifiers. On several occasions I've encountered mobs that are impossible to battle, 500hp+regen+poison+blindness mobs that apply those debuffs even to attacks at range? There are not items in this game that will get you through that battle. At one point i had a mob like that, a teleporting spider, that got stuck in my wall, and it was healing as fast as it was suffocating. The teleport+blind+regen was the problem, because by the time you got your sight back, and figured out where he'd gone, he'd healed every bit of damage he'd taken. (and my bow was doing upwards of 30 points of damage). the roguelikes are designed to be challenging even with vanilla mobs, and they would be. Adding a bunch of harder mobs without giving easy routes to comparable armor and weapons doesn't help (those mods that make the mobs tough are intended to combat those mods with the better gear) Infernal mobs can tax some of the most OP armors like blood magic. Even Karma digs through the wall rather than actually going inside because he knows it's suicide.

I still like this pack, I think Karma does a good job, but i think the focus for a while needs to be different. A lot of people started playing this pack, like me, because the Yog-tards started a lets play of it, and i don't think Karma was ready for that. As it stands the state of this pack will drive off more people than it attracts.

Quest will be rebalanced a little in 1.2.6.... (doing the steve changes while I am at it )

Feel free to test this and give me your feed back, Drag the files inside to your hqm config folders.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_THVYTjdLS0lBOWs/view?usp=sharing

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone jelaous yet? (Meanwhile tetshio is on the moon with a fully made ME system and etcetcetc.)

Nah, haven't made it past err pneumatics yet. I love to keep restarting to see new changes. 1.2.6 is probably the point where I'd just stop restarting to go make vids. :D

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Quest will be rebalanced a little in 1.2.6.... (doing the steve changes while I am at it )

Feel free to test this and give me your feed back, Drag the files inside to your hqm config folders.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_THVYTjdLS0lBOWs/view?usp=sharing
Yeah love those change to the steve cart quest line. One small suggestion though is to add either a quest node to make a cargo manager or to add it to the list of needed item for farmer and miner quests that way a new player using steve cart will have everything he need to setup is first system regarless of which branch he took.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a different way to get Galgador besides the crafting recipe?
At a point where the grind to gather all the materials is just painful.

2. What are your setups for Ghast Tears and Ender Perals? I just can't get enough to make the recipe in any large quanity.
I'm sure someone has a better way than what I'm doing.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a different way to get Galgador besides the crafting recipe?
At a point where the grind to gather all the materials is just painful.

2. What are your setups for Ghast Tears and Ender Perals? I just can't get enough to make the recipe in any large quanity.
If you are playing before th new recipes you basically have to farm drops with cursed earth under a ghast spawner. You can get some dungeon ender seeds as well, but pre the new recipes involving pneumaticraft it's all mob farming. Apparently there is some exploit to get you emeralds from a villager and flaxbeard armor.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's intentional or if there's an ore blacklist for the orechid, but it spawns some of the "advanced" galacticraft ores, like uranium and whatnot.

There are ghast spawners on the map in some of the spires. I just cleared an area out around one and sat there with a tinker's crossbow with looting III and could get a stack in a few minutes. I was going to close it in, put some cursed earth under it, and set one of the damaging botania flowers nearby, but I gathered so many tears while just killing what spawned as I cleared the spire and surrounding area that I decided it wasn't needed. You barely need any Eyes to make the new galg in 1.2.6.

For Ender Pearls, just make a normal cursed earth spawner and drop them into a large smeltery, the endermen melt down into liquid ender, and you'll get a ton of it very quickly. I have several hundred buckets of it in my AE system, I wasn't trying to get it, I just wanted some blood, but it was a nice bonus.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's intentional or if there's an ore blacklist for the orechid, but it spawns some of the "advanced" galacticraft ores, like uranium and whatnot.

There are ghast spawners on the map in some of the spires. I just cleared an area out around one and sat there with a tinker's crossbow with looting III and could get a stack in a few minutes. I was going to close it in, put some cursed earth under it, and set one of the damaging botania flowers nearby, but I gathered so many tears while just killing what spawned as I cleared the spire and surrounding area that I decided it wasn't needed. You barely need any Eyes to make the new galg in 1.2.6.

For Ender Pearls, just make a normal cursed earth spawner and drop them into a large smeltery, the endermen melt down into liquid ender, and you'll get a ton of it very quickly. I have several hundred buckets of it in my AE system, I wasn't trying to get it, I just wanted some blood, but it was a nice bonus.

Hey cool, thank you very much. You too Bard.