[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticraft ->

Also it doesnt make too much sense to have so many choices available after a nuclear aprocalypse does it? :confused:

Not sure what that video is supposed to prove. You realise that video is episode 14 of a let's play on Crash Landing. So not the same modpack and 14*30 min = 7 hours of recording time and he seems to pass quite a while off camera between episodes(look at level difference between end of an episode and start of next one.) Not what I would consider early game

2- And in my opinion it makes more sense to have choices after a nuclear apocalypse than to expect someone to decide to build a railway system himself than build a somewhat sentient train that can plant and harvest when certain condition triggers.
Steve Carts is a perfect exemple of something that doesn't make sense in a post nuclear world but is still there. It doesn't have to make sense as long as it is fun and having choices is more fun than not.

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what that video is supposed to prove. You realise that video is episode 14 of a let's play on Crash Landing. So not the same modpack and 14*30 min = 7 hours of recording time and he seems to pass quite a while off camera between episodes(look at level difference between end of an episode and start of next one.) Not what I would consider early game
Pneumaticraft is available in both blastoff and crashlanding, and also you can find almost all the seeds in dungeon chest here :3...... So thats a pneumaticraft tree farm for you :D

I got the Flaxbeard tree farm working, now just making the other tree farm before i upload it :3

Vanilla tree farm, Just hook it up to the Flaxbeard Smasher and also can be fully automated, Use block placer to place saplings.....

Now the tree farm that I took 5 minutes to think of and make with flaxbeard....

And now a tree farm from buildcraft! Replanting can be done by block placers too!

Last edited:

Gambrous

Jul 29, 2019
this new bunker looks amazing! Thanks for throwing us the server files, me and bobpope are giving it a test right now!

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of pneumaticraft...I now have the ability to make an automated pneumaticraft galgadorian setup without ever touching the actual ingot? How? I found assembly controllers/lasers/drills in various chests by my blaze farm :D. Why I'm not making an automated setup....Im wayyy behind game to make one. XD

Reactions: karmarcharger

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticraft is available in both blastoff and crashlanding, and also you can find almost all the seeds in dungeon chest here :3...... So thats a pneumaticraft tree farm for you :D

I got the Flaxbeard tree farm working, now just making the other tree farm before i upload it :3

I never said pneumatic craft farming wasn't possible what I said is that you can't consider it early game like steve carts is. Pneumatic craft is way later and need way more ressource and that is if said players even know in which chest to find pneumatic seeds.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I never said pneumatic craft farming wasn't possible what I said is that you can't consider it early game like steve carts is. Pneumatic craft is way later and need way more ressource and that is if said players even know in which chest to find pneumatic seeds.
Videos above.... These are all choices of tree farms, the player has a choice.... :p

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Any other crash landing players look at SpecialAI in the mod list and be like "nope", then disable that mod XD. I absolutely hated that mod in Crash Landing....

Kagemaru

Jul 29, 2019
The flavor text for the Drained Galgadorian Clump says "It hungers for experience..." better would probably be "It hungers for life/blood..." if that is changeable

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The flavor text for the Drained Galgadorian Clump says "It hungers for experience..." better would probably be "It hungers for life/blood..." if that is changeable
Yep it will be changed when i release 1.2.6 :p , that slip past me when i changed it lol XD thanks for the reminder :D

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
Videos above.... These are all choices of tree farms, the player has a choice.... :p
But the real question is did you actually try to make those in an actual new world ? Like I said the problem is not the possibilities you have overall but the possibilities you have at a given time. Of course later in the game you can make wood farms in several way but when you are playing and progressing throught the tech tree the first and only logical choice in regards to the amount of time taken and ressource needed is steve cart.

And even if theoricly there would be other choice the fact that making a steve cart woodcutter is part of an entry quest in the steve cart quest tree kinda force you to actually make it if you ever want to progress in that tree line.

Suggestion :
I would suggest moving out of the entry quest the sub-quest part that ask you to make the wood cutter to a ''leaf node'' in the quest line so that the player don't actually feel that it is the only logical choice.
Small changes like that would actually greatly help in giving choice to the player. The players would be able to decide which first cart they would make instead of needing to make the wood-cutter to progress in the quest-line and would at the same time not penalize someone who decided to make an alternate wood farm.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't understand why people complain so much about the choices of how to make stuff like a tree farm. I mean if ender-io farms had a normal recipe you would see 90% of the people using the self-powering-enderio-treefarm.
I myself am quiet happy that the "common"-way of doing things are pushed away in this modpack, makes me think so much about new ways of getting things done. I had so much fun figuring out a new kind of cobblestone-generator instead of just crafting a transfernode and that's it.

And let's face it, steve's carts is one of the mods that are usually ignored when you have mfr or ender-io in early/mid game. Same goes for drone-using of pneumaticcraft. And I don't think it's about "Because the other ways works better", steve's carts and pneumaticcraft work very fine too, it's just that the other ways are alot easier to set up, no big thinking about what you're doing and how you plan your very own setup.

And seriously, if you have trouble with wood in early game: google for "vanilla tree farm" and you get a farm-setup where you only need to switch the torches with glowstone and then can swipe through with your tinkers construct turbo-axe.
(Still hate how people totally begin to ignore vanilla-ways because many mods make them "annoying to set up"... they're still great!)

That's my opinion about this modpack. I love that it makes me -think- about stuff and how I want to handle them.
Like the new recipes with ore: You can either normal mine them for 1 ingot per hardened-ore you mine, you can try to get silktouch and get 1 1/2 ingots per hardened-ore or you can even use the vat and get 2 ingots out of one. It's alot up to you how you make things. In other survival-modpacks you have your sieve and latest after about 3~4 hours (when you know what to do) you pretty much have infinite ressources...

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
But the real question is did you actually try to make those in an actual new world ? Like I said the problem is not the possibilities you have overall but the possibilities you have at a given time. Of course later in the game you can make wood farms in several way but when you are playing and progressing throught the tech tree the first and only logical choice in regards to the amount of time taken and ressource needed is steve cart.

And even if theoricly there would be other choice the fact that making a steve cart woodcutter is part of an entry quest in the steve cart quest tree kinda force you to actually make it if you ever want to progress in that tree line.

Suggestion :
I would suggest moving out of the entry quest the sub-quest part that ask you to make the wood cutter to a ''leaf node'' in the quest line so that the player don't actually feel that it is the only logical choice.
Small changes like that would actually greatly help in giving choice to the player. The players would be able to decide which first cart they would make instead of needing to make the wood-cutter to progress in the quest-line and would at the same time not penalize someone who decided to make an alternate wood farm.

The videos above uses very cheap materials.....

The purpose of the quests is to familiarize the player with the mod, so either way even if the quest is moved to a leaf node, he would have to complete it along with the farming and mining cart to progress to the galgadorian quest....That say its not necessary to even complete the steve carts quest line if you hate steve carts :3

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't understand why people complain so much about the choices of how to make stuff like a tree farm. I mean if ender-io farms had a normal recipe you would see 90% of the people using the self-powering-enderio-treefarm.
I myself am quiet happy that the "common"-way of doing things are pushed away in this modpack, makes me think so much about new ways of getting things done. I had so much fun figuring out a new kind of cobblestone-generator instead of just crafting a transfernode and that's it.

And let's face it, steve's carts is one of the mods that are usually ignored when you have mfr or ender-io in early/mid game. Same goes for drone-using of pneumaticcraft. And I don't think it's about "Because the other ways works better", steve's carts and pneumaticcraft work very fine too, it's just that the other ways are alot easier to set up, no big thinking about what you're doing and how you plan your very own setup.

And seriously, if you have trouble with wood in early game: google for "vanilla tree farm" and you get a farm-setup where you only need to switch the torches with glowstone and then can swipe through with your tinkers construct turbo-axe.
(Still hate how people totally begin to ignore vanilla-ways because many mods make them "annoying to set up"... they're still great!)

That's my opinion about this modpack. I love that it makes me -think- about stuff and how I want to handle them.
Like the new recipes with ore: You can either normal mine them for 1 ingot per hardened-ore you mine, you can try to get silktouch and get 1 1/2 ingots per hardened-ore or you can even use the vat and get 2 ingots out of one. It's alot up to you how you make things. In other survival-modpacks you have your sieve and latest after about 3~4 hours (when you know what to do) you pretty much have infinite ressources...

1-I'm not having problem with wood like I said the wood-farm is just a exemple of the underlying problem which is the lack of choice in progression.

2-And on the arguments that if method A was included people would'nt ever use method B because method A is easier is just plain wrong. People aren't looking for the easiest way but the way that provide them fun if people aren't using method A it is simply because they don't get fun out of it. If people wanted the easiest way everyone would be playing creative mode.

3-As for the part where other modpack give you access to a sieve: it's because those modpack decided that past a certain point it was useless to virtually inflate the time it took to progress. I mean let's be honest grinding spires/meteors isn't hard/challenging/rewarding it just take time virtually inflating the amount of time between when you actually do something worthwhile. I mean past the first few spires/meteors are you still having fun mining them ?

Kagemaru

Jul 29, 2019
Is trading with Summoners disabled? I read on the wiki that you can give them gold or emeralds and they in turn, give you a spawn egg for mushroom amongst others

skulg

Jul 29, 2019
The videos above uses very cheap materials.....

The purpose of the quests is to familiarize the player with the mod, so either way even if the quest is moved to a leaf node, he would have to complete it along with the farming and mining cart to progress to the galgadorian quest....That say its not necessary to even complete the steve carts quest line if you hate steve carts :3
I don't have the game opened right now but if I recall the farming cart isn't a prerequesite to the galdorian quest.

I completly understand that the purpose of the quests is to familiarize with the mod but the way the quest are laid out right now it feel like you are forcing players into making tech choice instead of letting them make the choice. For instance if someone wanted to make an alternate tree farm but still progress in the quest line (to make let's say a wheat farm) they have to lose resource making a wood-cutter when they already have their own tree farm.

I think quests should have less substeps and instead have more quests nodes and branches.

For instance Quest 1 of steve cart could be make a standard hull and side chests. Then connected to quest 1 several quests (one for each engines) then connected to each "quest engine node" a quest to make a wood cutter another quest to make a planter etc.
That way the player will get help in progressing in the mod without imposing them strict choice in the order they progress inside the mod.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the game opened right now but if I recall the farming cart isn't a prerequesite to the galdorian quest.

I completly understand that the purpose of the quests is to familiarize with the mod but the way the quest are laid out right now it feel like you are forcing players into making tech choice instead of letting them make the choice. For instance if someone wanted to make an alternate tree farm but still progress in the quest line (to make let's say a wheat farm) they have to lose resource making a wood-cutter when they already have their own tree farm.

I think quests should have less substeps and instead have more quests nodes and branches.

For instance Quest 1 of steve cart could be make a standard hull and side chests. Then connected to quest 1 several quests (one for each engines) then connected to each "quest engine node" a quest to make a wood cutter another quest to make a planter etc.
That way the player will get help in progressing in the mod without imposing them strict choice in the order they progress inside the mod.
If they are doing the steve carts quest line, they are doing steve carts.... I dont understand what you mean by strict progress? They can do the farming cart first before they do the Wood cutter quest, it would be registered in the quest book...

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
2-And on the arguments that if method A was included people would'nt ever use method B because method A is easier is just plain wrong. People aren't looking for the easiest way but the way that provide them fun if people aren't using method A it is simply because they don't get fun out of it. If people wanted the easiest way everyone would be playing creative mode.

You are mistaken. The vast majority of people will always take the easiest road in these games as long as it doesn't cross over their personal cheating line. That is the plain and simple truth, people are always in a rush to get nowhere.

Limiting certain options to certain points in the tech tree adds content, people use things they wouldn't normally use and then upgrade to better options later, you have more things to do. This is far better than having access to everything at the start. I have spent far more time playing this pack than any other mod pack I have ever played, and that's a very good thing. In the other packs I run out of things to do, I quickly set up my fully automated systems using the best tools for the job, and then I can either sit around and do meaningless horde quests, or move on to another pack. I have only scratched the surface of this pack, and that is amazing. It's not "grind" as it's all normal gameplay, you aren't sitting there collecting a million buckets of milk for a random reward bag, you are slowly progressing through the tech tree, gathering more resources as you need them.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

Also, ehhh as i said... you dont NEED to do the steve carts quest line.....

If you are saying I am restricting... then that means me disabling vanilla tools like what crash landing did is restricting everyone to tconstruct? and that i am eviilllll because I did that? D: