[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked at the recipes at all? There is progression and its quite niecly made. You have following path:
flaxbeard->pneumaticraft->enderio->mekanism

And the grindy thing everyone is talking about is not grindy at all after you get your first few machines, since the entire galgadorian path can be automated (look at one of my previous posts).
Most mob loot you get from quests (ender pearls and ghast tears) for those first few machines so its even easier. Having noidea what I am doing, my entire grind was equal to 4 cycles of 2 minecraft days spend hammering meteors. After that I had enought resources to automate everything.

Bug report:
Dont put torches on your hotbar on moon, if you scroll to them the game will permacrash.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 151
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.checkCurrentItem(GCPlayerHandler.java:700)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onPlayerUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:987)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onLivingUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:153)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_95_GCPlayerHandler_onLivingUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.localOnUpdateEntity(EntityPlayerMP.java:295)
at api.player.server.ServerPlayerAPI.onUpdateEntity(ServerPlayerAPI.java:4828)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:8)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Most likely because that torches burn out on the moon and it is a problem between enviromine and galacticcraft

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
That means its time for LiftOff
Congrats! I only just entered the industrial revolution stage...such a long way to go >.<

I think we need to ditch the Galgador thing. Save the Galgadorian metal for recipes for machines and armors you think are op but don't want to remove from the game. this pack needs progression so how about this.

Early game right now you have two mods with their own materials, Flaxbeard's brass and gold plated iron, and Botania's steels. your next tech level seems to be pneumaticraft and ender io, so maybe you have to use manasteel for your first tnt set of compressed iron, and maybe the capacitors require elementium and the ender io machine block takes brass or bronze.

Next level is Mechanism, so the steel machine blocks now require Ender io alloys, like vibrant alloy or dark steel. and some recipes have a pneumaticcraft plastic component. (vibrant alloy requires redstone, glowstone, and ender pearls)

Next level is Galactricraft, and now you have to use the mekanism atomic alloys to make the machine blocks.

This progression limits the ability to just use plain ingots but won't require quite as intense a grind and will force a progression through each mod.

Again, don't keep trying to satisfy people with different galgador recipes and insane amounts of galgador. Also, since you are playing with recipes anyway throw in the occasional block of some of the metals like tin that aren't getting used for anything. and go ahead and make us compress them in anvils or whatever other arcane things you want. If I wasn't farming meteors and spires for days trying to get a bajillion emeralds (1 in 4 spires and only 4 emeralds per spire) I wouldn't have such large stockpiles of the other ores. Save galgador for steve's carts and the blocks you don't like because they are "cheaty" or "op"

The way the pack is now you have all these metals and resources but the only things that you are actually making use of are iron, gold and emeralds, everything else is mob drops or a block less useful and more plentiful than dirt (hardened clay)
I actually really like this kind of progression. The amount of galadore you need for every damn thing is just ridiculous and to grindy in my opinion. I know you can automate it like hubertnnn said a few pages back, but even so you need to set up everything which is a total ass. For starters you need to get cursed dirt, which hub you say so simply but it's really not that easy. You need to set up spawners and traps and drones and even get a daughter, all of which will take a long while to get ready. Also, for those of us that like to make things look good, that's another challenge ontop of all the automation setup. I know it's automation and it's meant to be a pain to set up, but 7 steps for 1 item is something I'm not willing to do. The changes that Bard suggests would help out a lot, keep galadore to steves carts and the blocks and items deemed to op by karmarcharger. Also a use for all of the tin, aluminium and the other useless metals would be lovely as I have maybe 3 stacks of each atm. If the new galadore recipe stays, I would recommend changing the xp to fish oil or another semi easy liquid. Fish oil is still a pain to get because of the crucible, and it could maybe 'polish' the metal into its final form (just an idea).

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked at the recipes at all? There is progression and its quite niecly made. You have following path:

And the grindy thing everyone is talking about is not grindy at all after you get your first few machines, since the entire galgadorian path can be automated (look at one of my previous posts).
Most mob loot you get from quests (ender pearls and ghast tears) for those first few machines so its even easier. Having noidea what I am doing, my entire grind was equal to 4 cycles of 2 minecraft days spend hammering meteors. After that I had enought resources to automate everything.
You and i are not playing the same modpack, I read that post. What the heck is 4 cycles of two days, do you mean 8 days, why not just say 8 days. No way you did that in under an hour (2 minecraft days with sleeping is 20minutes, 3 hrs if you meant 8). Not in this pack, not with these recipes and mods. Even if you didn't move the spawners (requires farming two boss mobs one of which has been empowered) and put all you're resources into Ender io right from the start (to get the powered spawner right now requires 40 lumps of galgador and 24 circuit boards just for the ender io recipes). I'm assuming you used logistics to automate crafting have you looked at those recipes recently? That is not a quick progression. particularly not while just trying to stay alive in this pack. It also requires knowledge on how and where to find overworld blaze and ghast spawners. And your emerald source is essentially an exploit? Sure, ok.

I imagine most of this progression was done in earlier versions of the pack that weren't so difficult. Restart then tell me this is an easy progression.

Progression isn't using the same materials in endlessly increasing quantities, where the next tier just requires a more advanced and complicated version of the thing i needed in the tier before. It means i need tier 1 to craft materials for tier 2, tier two to move to tier three, and so on. The progression in this mod is that you need flax and pneu to make ender, then ender and flax to make everything else. I can technically skip straight to galactricraft from pneumaticcraft, as i don't actually need anything from any other mod to craft those machines, I just need more of the materials. Well, technically i need a metallurgic infuser, but that's the only other machine I need

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps could i have your opinion on the recipe base on the video?

Other than my hatred for Pnumaticraft (and by extension flaxbeards) It SEEMS decent. How are minerals acquired before this? Is everyone going ridiculously far out just to find basic minerals?

Bug report:
Dont put torches on your hotbar on moon, if you scroll to them the game will permacrash.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 151
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.checkCurrentItem(GCPlayerHandler.java:700)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onPlayerUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:987)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onLivingUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:153)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_95_GCPlayerHandler_onLivingUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.localOnUpdateEntity(EntityPlayerMP.java:295)
at api.player.server.ServerPlayerAPI.onUpdateEntity(ServerPlayerAPI.java:4828)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:8)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

BEFORE YOU DELETE THAT SAVE:
go get InvenEdit or some other similar inventory editor, delete the torches from your character, then put the character file back in the world folder. Should fix it, as you wont have a torch in your hand anymore to crash it.

Also for anyone wondering why i hate pnumaticraft/flaxbeards, I can never seem to keep all my pipes from exploding. It doesnt seem to mater how i set up the safety shut offs and release valves and crap, it always explodes. I have burned countless hours trying to get an automated pnumaticraft setup working only to have it literally blow up in my face.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Also for anyone wondering why i hate pnumaticraft/flaxbeards, I can never seem to keep all my pipes from exploding. It doesnt seem to mater how i set up the safety shut offs and release valves and crap, it always explodes. I have burned countless hours trying to get an automated pnumaticraft setup working only to have it literally blow up in my face.
y8ycgl, pneumaticraft is a tricky one to keep from blowing up, but a pretty faithful setup I have is having safety tubes every 10 blocks, starting from the block NEXT to the generator, and configured at max pressure. The reason yours probably blow up is because when you introduce pressure into the system, the entire pipe system doesnt immediately go up in pressure. Lets say you have a generator at one side of a 20 block pipe and a machine at the other end. It takes a while for the air to actually get to the machine because it is getting "pushed" essentially. The problem with this for pressure is that there is a slight delay in the safety pipe activation, so there is always a little bump in pressure even with the safety pipe. Over time, this bump in pressure goes critical and explodes. This is why you need safetys stationed every 10 blocks or so to have a faithful system (and consequently, why my systems are tiny XD) Oh, and setting the kinetic compressor at full power wreaks havoc (safety tubes or not) unless your system actively consumes that power at the same rate, so just have a constant low powered kinetic compressor. Hope this helps :D

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Don't rely on safety releases or shutoffs, all you need is a pressure gauge, and some redstone leading to your compressor. an advanced pcb is needed for the higher pressures with the pressure gauge, and of course a pressure regulator (sorry not sure what those are actually called at the moment). If you are playing with those other items you really need something like the factory manager or computers to maintain it. Don't do anything fancy, just a high pressure segment for the big stuff, the regulator and the rest on low pressure. Even then I still manage to blow up a few things before i get it stable.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, another way (lifehax) to do it is for high pressure end tubing, just use advanced tubes and machines with security upgrades in it. Then you only have to shut off the system at 20 bar XD. And I dont think you will get close to that. XD Even if you are concerned with that, a simple redstone setup leading to the compressor will prevent that.

Reactions: Crittenden2

LinkOcarinaTime

Jul 29, 2019
The progression in this pack is amazing! I really don't see much of a point for TiCon other than for making alloys though, since there is no ore doubling. Other that that this pack is nice, and I'm only up to the Flaxbeard's Steam Power age :)

EDIT: With the thing I said about TiCon, I kinda understand now, it's not for ore doubling but for making tools. XD

Reactions: dvMetamorph

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
Don't rely on safety releases or shutoffs, all you need is a pressure gauge, and some redstone leading to your compressor. an advanced pcb is needed for the higher pressures with the pressure gauge, and of course a pressure regulator (sorry not sure what those are actually called at the moment). If you are playing with those other items you really need something like the factory manager or computers to maintain it. Don't do anything fancy, just a high pressure segment for the big stuff, the regulator and the rest on low pressure. Even then I still manage to blow up a few things before i get it stable.

What my original setup had was a pressure gauge set up with redstone to control the input of pressure as tightly as possible. The problem was that there was no possible way to get it as tight as i needed it. even though i had it measured with maximum possible efficiency and safety to shut off if anything went above 4 pressure, things still exploded. I had to get to at least 4 in order to even compress things and nothing should have been able to explode until 4 or 4.5 i forget, but even with all of my low level checks, it still blew up in my face. If at any point I ever looked away or ran off to grab a few items from a chest on the other side of base, i would inevitably hear an explosion. unless someone can show me a pneumaticraft build that is explode proof and still be automated i will continue to dislike it. I dont want to have to watch as each and every single item is made when i need 64+.

When I have a chance ill throw together the build i am used to trying to use in creative to show you what and why it explodes. =<

blarging2000s

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to use the mod called lockdown: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...craft-mods/2126669-1-7-x-1-6-4-forge-lockdown
It's a mod that was made for Pax East but they released it so modpack packers can have players make their new worlds using a template world.
This would allow players who messed up their first world to start over without reinstalling or other shenanigans.

You could also add a command block to the base with a button that enables the questing and then overwrites itself with some decorative blocks. Command blocks can't be edited unless the player is OP or in creative already so players can't use them as a gate or loophole to cheat in stuff without already being able to do everything a command block can do anyway.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
What my original setup had was a pressure gauge set up with redstone to control the input of pressure as tightly as possible. The problem was that there was no possible way to get it as tight as i needed it. even though i had it measured with maximum possible efficiency and safety to shut off if anything went above 4 pressure, things still exploded. I had to get to at least 4 in order to even compress things and nothing should have been able to explode until 4 or 4.5 i forget, but even with all of my low level checks, it still blew up in my face. If at any point I ever looked away or ran off to grab a few items from a chest on the other side of base, i would inevitably hear an explosion. unless someone can show me a pneumaticraft build that is explode proof and still be automated i will continue to dislike it. I dont want to have to watch as each and every single item is made when i need 64+.

When I have a chance ill throw together the build i am used to trying to use in creative to show you what and why it explodes. =<

The pressure needed to do stuff is 2-4, for all the standard parts AFAIK the danger pressure is 5, the critical pressure is 7. There's that safe level in the 4-5 range to keep things at, it should never explode in there. I've never had mine go boom, but I also don't automate it yet. One of the quests rewards a bunch of security upgrades, which when placed in the machines adds a built in safety valve, I'm not sure if that requires any redstone or if it just prevents it from exploding. The whole apply a redstone level of # to do things is one of the reasons I find it so annoying to deal with, AFAIK it requires either large strings of vanilla redstone or Steve's Factory Manager (which might as well not even be in this pack it's so hard to make).

You may want to use the mod called lockdown: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...craft-mods/2126669-1-7-x-1-6-4-forge-lockdown
It's a mod that was made for Pax East but they released it so modpack packers can have players make their new worlds using a template world.
This would allow players who messed up their first world to start over without reinstalling or other shenanigans.

You could also add a command block to the base with a button that enables the questing and then overwrites itself with some decorative blocks. Command blocks can't be edited unless the player is OP or in creative already so players can't use them as a gate or loophole to cheat in stuff without already being able to do everything a command block can do anyway.

Lockdown is already in.

Reactions: Crittenden2

Crazyjestor

Jul 29, 2019
Just Downloaded Blast off, Am unable to access quest book, /hqm quest doesn't work, neither does /hqm. I'm running v1.2.5. MC 1.7.10
Can anyone help???

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Just Downloaded Blast off, Am unable to access quest book, /hqm quest doesn't work, neither does /hqm. I'm running v1.2.5. MC 1.7.10
Can anyone help???
did you read the text at the bottom of the main minecraft screen? basically it says to open to lan, cheat mode on, then do /hqm quest. I think karma needs to put up some more signs next to the quest book that repeats these instructions.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Calm down .... :oops:

What do you guys think about this then...
Galgador -> Endercore + Brass block + Alumite Block + Osmium Block + Tin Block + 30000LBs or Liquid XP

Watch the video before killing me kthx....:cool:

o_O instead of the liquid xp, can't it be like 10 buckets of etching acid in the vat or something similar? Fish oil?

On second thought, I think the Liquid XP is much viable. Tank + XP Drain from Open Blocks.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
Can i get a general understanding on this point first.....

Do you guys have tons of these items:

Osmium, Tin, Brass, Aluminum?

You know... questions like these makes it pretty evident that you have not actually played your own pack, which explains a lot of the decisions you decide to make. Having an understanding with something as basic as resource availability/demand is vital to making balance decisions. If you do not understand this, then you must not understand the many other complex issues that come after the basics.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
You know... questions like these makes it pretty evident that you have not actually played your own pack, which explains a lot of the decisions you decide to make. Having an understanding with something as basic as resource availability/demand is vital to making balance decisions. If you do not understand this, then you must not understand the many other complex issues that come after the basics.
I do play it, just that i have more fun killing mobs, dungeon raiding, then actually farming stuff lol Q_Q

The problem is that there are many ways of progresssion, some people rely on spawners and spires, some others rely on meteors.... I have players saying the mob drops for galgador is balanced and so easy to make, I have players saying its so hard mob drops are impossible etc... so yea i asked around to get a general feel of what the community requires...

nraike

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like with the recent update the cursed earth is not working anymore, it isn't spawning any mob

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the new base karmarcharger! Glad we can finally grow trees indoors at the start without having to build a second building just for growing trees at night :) And it makes it a lot easier to get grass outside without silk touch or quest reward :)