[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
I do play it, just that i have more fun killing mobs, dungeon raiding, then actually farming stuff lol Q_Q

The problem is that there are many ways of progresssion, some people rely on spawners and spires, some others rely on meteors.... I have players saying the mob drops for galgador is balanced and so easy to make, I have players saying its so hard mob drops are impossible etc... so yea i asked around to get a general feel of what the community requires...

Call me sceptical, but I highly doubt you have played your pack from start to finish without once ever going into creative mode, especially with the recent changes you have made. I saw one post saying you can automate galgador, and based off of his setup, I'm sure he went through most of the progression before you made it annoying to get there in the first place. You do not seem to have a clear vision of what you want, and if you do you keep second guessing yourself. Also, factoring in what mods people can install to cheat/make the game easier to your balance is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I respect what you are doing, but it is time to be critical. I love minecraft and I am all for difficulty. Some people have called me a masochist before, but whenever I play your modpack it just feels stressful and I do not have fun, which kind of makes me feel stupid for even playing it in the first place. If you are trying to make the end goal difficult to achieve, you are doing it completely wrong. The quests I've seen so far feel pointless and scattered with no real meaningful rewards. You made some things extremely difficult to obtain just because you don't want the player having easy access to what something may allow you to do, but then you design things in a way where the player is pretty much left with no choice but to grind stuff just so they can obtain those things to stop grinding. There does not seem to be any layers in progression, its just a mess.

You say you do not like farming stuff and you like killing things instead, yet you force the player to needlessly farm to obtain simple technology. I hate to break it to you but, while killing stuff once in awhile is a good change of pace, it just becomes annoying and monotonous to have to run hundreds of blocks to obtain some ghast tears for something simple. Once again, it seems like you completely skipped out on the actual playing of your pack as you think you can just run around and kill things for days and all will be good. I also seriously question your understanding of the mods you are using, I'm not actually sure you have any idea what you are doing.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Call me sceptical, but I highly doubt you have played your pack from start to finish without once ever going into creative mode, especially with the recent changes you have made. I saw one post saying you can automate galgador, and based off of his setup, I'm sure he went through most of the progression before you made it annoying to get there in the first place. You do not seem to have a clear vision of what you want, and if you do you keep second guessing yourself. Also, factoring in what mods people can install to cheat/make the game easier to your balance is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I respect what you are doing, but it is time to be critical. I love minecraft and I am all for difficulty. Some people have called me a masochist before, but whenever I play your modpack it just feels stressful and I do not have fun, which kind of makes me feel stupid for even playing it in the first place. If you are trying to make the end goal difficult to achieve, you are doing it completely wrong. The quests I've seen so far feel pointless and scattered with no real meaningful rewards. You made some things extremely difficult to obtain just because you don't want the player having easy access to what something may allow you to do, but then you design things in a way where the player is pretty much left with no choice but to grind stuff just so they can obtain those things to stop grinding. There does not seem to be any layers in progression, its just a mess.

You say you do not like farming stuff and you like killing things instead, yet you force the player to needlessly farm to obtain simple technology. I hate to break it to you but, while killing stuff once in awhile is a good change of pace, it just becomes annoying and monotonous to have to run hundreds of blocks to obtain some ghast tears for something simple. Once again, it seems like you completely skipped out on the actual playing of your pack as you think you can just run around and kill things for days and all will be good. I also seriously question your understanding of the mods you are using, I'm not actually sure you have any idea what you are doing.
Did you see the new recipe i made for galgador, its just afew post back... I am trying to make galgador much easier to obtain...

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

And no offense, but i prefer suggestions rather then " Your pack is so tedious , i dont like to farm, i hate A, I hate B, C is just stupid, you are dumb"

An example of a suggestion " Perhaps instead of having such a tedious recipe for galgador, perhaps we could have something simpler, using basic materials that we have excess of such as alumium, brass etc? Thanks :)"

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like with the recent update the cursed earth is not working anymore, it isn't spawning any mob
That explains why I havent got any new ender pearls for last 2 days.

In fact I did most of the automation when it was more annoying than it is now.
I build my mob tower from cobble using flaxbeard cobble gen before water was infinite, had some fun automating cobbolegen at that point but it worked.
I also automated getting blaze rods and magma cream before new recipes for galgador and that obsidian diamond metal were added.
The only point that annoyed me was when I runned out of galgador and I was like "OK, lets wait for the farm to get more stuff and I meanwhile will do some botania after dinner" Gues what update got installed next time I luanched the game.

Talking about sugestions:
Is it possible to add new recipes to Growthcraft machines? I would love something to be made in growthcraft barrels, since all the alkochols are useless. Myfit gives all the buffs from those drinks. Maybe a new way of making drinkable water, or a liquid used for galgador bath insted of liquid xp.

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
That explains why I havent got any new ender pearls for last 2 days.

In fact I did most of the automation when it was more annoying than it is now.
I build my mob tower from cobble using flaxbeard cobble gen before water was infinite, had some fun automating cobbolegen at that point but it worked.
I also automated getting blaze rods and magma cream before new recipes for galgador and that obsidian diamond metal were added.
The only point that annoyed me was when I runned out of galgador and I was like "OK, lets wait for the farm to get more stuff and I meanwhile will do some botania after dinner" Gues what update got installed next time I luanched the game.
Remove JAS if its causing issues... Will consider making it an optional mod instead

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
And no offense, but i prefer suggestions rather then " Your pack is so tedious , i dont like to farm, i hate A, I hate B, C is just stupid, you are dumb"

An example of a suggestion " Perhaps instead of having such a tedious recipe for galgador, perhaps we could have something simpler, using basic materials that we have excess of such as alumium, brass etc? Thanks :)"

I know you want feedback you can actually do something with, but the fact of the matter is I have not even made it halfway through the pack so any advice I give you would be bad advice. I have to experience the full scope, or at least the majority of it before I can trust myself to actually know what I am talking about. One thing I do know however is I am nearing the end of my motivation due to annoyances and stress, which is why I am having a hard time having fun, and that should not be happening, especially when I am still fairly early in the quest line.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
One idea I had is you could make the tiered progression more pronounced by having tiered Galgador. (easily done with Minetweaker, CustomItems or similar and a resource pack)
Each tier of Galgador is made from the materials available locally/at that tier plus includes any unique materials made from technology.
You could then also oreDict this Galgador to be counterparts to common resources.

So, if tier 1 main crafting material is Iron, you could have a crude Galgador that is made from say Aluminum, Copper and common mob drops. Play can use either Iron or Crude Galgador to craft that tier machine.
next tier Galgador is made from Iron or Crude Galgador, plus other materials available at this point, until eventually you'll have a top tier Enriched Galgador that is the same as Platinum (or whatever).
After that a final tier Galgador that is the only option available to the player, for your final tech level.

Players can then use up their excess resources to help them progress in the higher tiers. Eventually they will run short of the easy to obtain normal resources, and will need to mass produce Galgador.

You could then have a quest chain that explains how to do ore processing, from the simple beginnings, through each stage of Galgador to the final tier. It would be better to have a quest to explain the recipe, instead of requiring people to always look at NEI. Blast off is a partial conversion, with a lot of changes to recipes, they need to be made more obvious within the quest system and not in NEI.

Plus it ensures that players are more fully aware that you need to start with Flaxbeard to build PneumaticCraft, which then will make Flax setup obsolete as you can start automating a lot easier with PneumaticCraft, then PneumaticCraft unlocks the recipes for whatever is next (EnderIO?) and a full EnderIO system then will make PneumaticCraft obsolete.
As the technology improves and makes things easier to automate, the recipes get harder.

Ok, enough rambling from me :p

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
One idea I had is you could make the tiered progression more pronounced by having tiered Galgador. (easily done with Minetweaker, CustomItems or similar and a resource pack)
Each tier of Galgador is made from the materials available locally/at that tier plus includes any unique materials made from technology.
You could then also oreDict this Galgador to be counterparts to common resources.

So, if tier 1 main crafting material is Iron, you could have a crude Galgador that is made from say Aluminum, Copper and common mob drops. Play can use either Iron or Crude Galgador to craft that tier machine.
next tier Galgador is made from Iron or Crude Galgador, plus other materials available at this point, until eventually you'll have a top tier Enriched Galgador that is the same as Platinum (or whatever).
After that a final tier Galgador that is the only option available to the player, for your final tech level.

Players can then use up their excess resources to help them progress in the higher tiers. Eventually they will run short of the easy to obtain normal resources, and will need to mass produce Galgador.

You could then have a quest chain that explains how to do ore processing, from the simple beginnings, through each stage of Galgador to the final tier. It would be better to have a quest to explain the recipe, instead of requiring people to always look at NEI. Blast off is a partial conversion, with a lot of changes to recipes, they need to be made more obvious within the quest system and not in NEI.

Plus it ensures that players are more fully aware that you need to start with Flaxbeard to build PneumaticCraft, which then will make Flax setup obsolete as you can start automating a lot easier with PneumaticCraft, then PneumaticCraft unlocks the recipes for whatever is next (EnderIO?) and a full EnderIO system then will make PneumaticCraft obsolete.
As the technology improves and makes things easier to automate, the recipes get harder.

I love this idea, so each tier of metal will requier eye of galgador but insted of reinforced metal gold and emeralds you will have for example
iron, copper, obsidian for tier 1,
alumium, gilded iron, diamond for tier 2,
reinforced, gold and emerald for tier 3 (the old recipe),
steel, electrum and cut emerald for tier 4.
Electrum will be made from gold and silver?(hmm, I guess we dont have it, but hey, meteoric iron maybe or something) and cut emerald will be emerald + diamond dust in some kind of machine.

Also another bug:
Looks like botania works interdimentionaly, After I went to moon at the same coords as my botania setup, I see particles from mana bursts and working flowers.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I love this idea, so each tier of metal will requier eye of galgador but insted of reinforced metal gold and emeralds you will have for example
iron, copper, obsidian for tier 1,
alumium, gilded iron, diamond for tier 2,
reinforced, gold and emerald for tier 3 (the old recipe),
steel, electrum and cut emerald for tier 4.
Electrum will be made from gold and silver?(hmm, I guess we dont have it, but hey, meteoric iron maybe or something) and cut emerald will be emerald + diamond dust in some kind of machine.

Also another bug:
Looks like botania works interdimentionaly, After I went to moon at the same coords as my botania setup, I see particles from mana bursts and working flowers.
Something like that, each tier also includes materials that can only be obtained from that previous tiers machines (like EnderIO's unique alloys) so that there is a use for the machines.
Plus, you could add that two of the previous tiers ingots when compressed together make 1 of the next tiers ingot, so the low tier resources are still usable, just less efficient on resources, and still keeps the PneumaticCraft compressor as a functional tool throughout the gameplay.

Short version: If you want a tech progression, then the resources needed to craft should match that progression.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

Great idea! I'll lower Mekanism's Tier to the lower level of galgador!

Reactions: Prestigo

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Something like that, each tier also includes materials that can only be obtained from that previous tiers machines (like EnderIO's unique alloys) so that there is a use for the machines.
Plus, you could add that two of the previous tiers ingots when compressed together make 1 of the next tiers ingot, so the low tier resources are still usable, just less efficient on resources, and still keeps the PneumaticCraft compressor as a functional tool throughout the gameplay.

Short version: If you want a tech progression, then the resources needed to craft should match that progression.
Any other mods other then EnderIO & Galacticraft that should be moved to the lower tier of galgador? I am thinking of steve factory

dvMetamorph

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Karmacharger. :)
Can u add links to new builds in 1st post, please? I always miss them and after that, when I see "In 1.2.6" my face looks like :eek:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Karmacharger. :)
Can u add links to new builds in 1st post, please? I always miss them and after that, when I see "In 1.2.6" my face looks like :eek:
Sure, I am currently trying to fix all the recipes because me making galgagorian easier is messing up some other recipes

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
When I loaded the 1.2.6 map (hardcore), the base was a nice change plus less lag (saw a bunch of ruined bases in the distance). But then the sapling storage gave a ME quantum chamber link with a snowman and I was like where's the saplings. Then I started tearing the base apart thinking there might be easter eggs. :D

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
When I loaded the 1.2.6 map (hardcore), the base was a nice change plus less lag (saw a bunch of ruined bases in the distance). But then the sapling storage gave a ME quantum chamber link with a snowman and I was like where's the saplings. Then I started tearing the base apart thinking there might be easter eggs. :D
Ehhh did you download the correct one? there is another download link somewhere which says you need to drag the hqm config files too

paul90133

Jul 29, 2019
Periods. These things exist so people can understand what you're going on about. As do grammar and spelling. Use these next time, and you'll get help since people will actually be able to understand what you're talking about.
thanks 4 your opiniyon

HK2F

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! 277 pages in the thread. It’s pretty awesome. And most of them are usefull!!! Congrats for the pack and the support. It’s a great job for our entertainment.

But after reading a lot of them I’m wondering. What is the final goal? Explore the wonders of the solar system? Eventually finding the remnant’s of mankind or what they’ve become (little ugly guys making annoying noises?). Blasting off with no hope of return after hard work on mind blasting factories?

And now after so many versions (I’m still on 1.1.17 :3) I’m considering if it is worth the effort involving further. Youtubers made me discover the pack. Will they make a whole series with a versatile pack like that? I know it is not “une fin en soi”, but I think that it is time to go forward with the adventure more than the grind. You have a great combination of mods running. No one will follow exactly the same path through it. Suggestions of technological tiers are interesting. They introduce more balance and the feeling of a progression through the quest line. You choose to nerf some recipes for the Mythical Galgag…what a stupid name thing. Fine for me I’m not so far in the tech progression anyway. ; )

With the amount needed for complex systems why not just produce more Gagling machin with more advanced machines? Like pneumatic craft and the compressed iron. It could speed up the process for the big goal of leaving earth.

As a player, I find interesting to explore a combination of mods and automation capabilities. The HQM mod offers the challenging aspect (and the goodies). That is really OP! You made a great work and there will be always people arguing that they find it too simple or too difficult. Everything is in place since the beginning. Put a bit more adventure with dungeons and stuff, like what you did with the ruins, and it will be perfect for me. For the rest, and against the boringness of some tedious simple crafts, NEI provides the cheat mode !

There are lots of mod packs. The interest of yours is to explore new challenging ways of doing the thing we could do with some other big modpack. Not to be totally forced to follow a path. Are we not paying for the sake of fun (and torture ourselves making more and more intricate machines that do the work for us?)?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! 277 pages in the thread. It’s pretty awesome. And most of them are usefull!!! Congrats for the pack and the support. It’s a great job for our entertainment.

But after reading a lot of them I’m wondering. What is the final goal? Explore the wonders of the solar system? Eventually finding the remnant’s of mankind or what they’ve become (little ugly guys making annoying noises?). Blasting off with no hope of return after hard work on mind blasting factories?

And now after so many versions (I’m still on 1.1.17 :3) I’m considering if it is worth the effort involving further. Youtubers made me discover the pack. Will they make a whole series with a versatile pack like that? I know it is not “une fin en soi”, but I think that it is time to go forward with the adventure more than the grind. You have a great combination of mods running. No one will follow exactly the same path through it. Suggestions of technological tiers are interesting. They introduce more balance and the feeling of a progression through the quest line. You choose to nerf some recipes for the Mythical Galgag…what a stupid name thing. Fine for me I’m not so far in the tech progression anyway. ; )

With the amount needed for complex systems why not just produce more Gagling machin with more advanced machines? Like pneumatic craft and the compressed iron. It could speed up the process for the big goal of leaving earth.

As a player, I find interesting to explore a combination of mods and automation capabilities. The HQM mod offers the challenging aspect (and the goodies). That is really OP! You made a great work and there will be always people arguing that they find it too simple or too difficult. Everything is in place since the beginning. Put a bit more adventure with dungeons and stuff, like what you did with the ruins, and it will be perfect for me. For the rest, and against the boringness of some tedious simple crafts, NEI provides the cheat mode !

There are lots of mod packs. The interest of yours is to explore new challenging ways of doing the thing we could do with some other big modpack. Not to be totally forced to follow a path. Are we not paying for the sake of fun (and torture ourselves making more and more intricate machines that do the work for us?)?
You can always return XD.... About the galgagorian..... gimme half an hour the videos are uploading....

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
I know you want feedback you can actually do something with, but the fact of the matter is I have not even made it halfway through the pack so any advice I give you would be bad advice. I have to experience the full scope, or at least the majority of it before I can trust myself to actually know what I am talking about. One thing I do know however is I am nearing the end of my motivation due to annoyances and stress, which is why I am having a hard time having fun, and that should not be happening, especially when I am still fairly early in the quest line.
I dont think you know how development works. "It is hard to grind and i find that i no longer want to play after hours of grinding X material" is a fairly good suggestion. You seem to be hiding it thickly under three layers of insult an hate. Be constructive. Dont worry about the fact that you havent gotten all the way through, that's the developer's responsibility to account for. You disbelieve that Karma has played his own pack but clearly has. The problem is that he is not everyone. He is not the end all be all of how games are meant to be played. Thats why feedback is necessary. Like karma has said: "ur pack suks fix it karma" isnt feedback. " I am having a hard time having fun because I am nearing the end of my motivation due to annoyances and stress from not making quest progression after hours of trying" Is good feedback.

So yea. criticism is good, just make sure it is actually useful or constructive. Otherwise you are just insulting for the sake of insulting.