[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

paul90133

Jul 29, 2019
im playing 1.2.5 and it wont let me hand in getting wood says its compleat and in purple it says 1 thing to hand in I try selecting the axe and turn in but nothing I try selecting the stabby sword and handing in but nothing and under the hydration quest it shows an box that says un knowin and that's what im supposed to hand in ??? then under extra lives it also wont let me hand in and the texture of the tredmill and the shell constructer don't show up in the book just the name when u mouse over not vary stable first 7 tabs and half are broke looks like a cool pack if it works good luck

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
im playing 1.2.5 and it wont let me hand in getting wood says its compleat and in purple it says 1 thing to hand in I try selecting the axe and turn in but nothing I try selecting the stabby sword and handing in but nothing and under the hydration quest it shows an box that says un knowin and that's what im supposed to hand in ??? then under extra lives it also wont let me hand in and the texture of the tredmill and the shell constructer don't show up in the book just the name when u mouse over not vary stable first 7 tabs and half are broke looks like a cool pack if it works good luck

Periods. These things exist so people can understand what you're going on about. As do grammar and spelling. Use these next time, and you'll get help since people will actually be able to understand what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: exochris

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.6 map
Are planing on taking out rouge like dungeons? I know you have made adjustments to them.
They are beyond the snow.

Karma, with the new map with the dungeons really far apart, are you going to remove the mod that changes the spawning mechanic and breaks F7?

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
They are beyond the snow.

Karma, with the new map with the dungeons really far apart, are you going to remove the mod that changes the spawning mechanic and breaks F7?
They are part of world generation. So unless your running 1.2.6 of the mod pack, your current mod pack will put them in. The fact chunks with snow may didn't have any may mean that they are being taken out of the mod pack. Since there are at least 3 ruined bases in that area.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
*terrible config choice.

For this reason: if anyone has used Galacticraft before, or looked on the wiki, they'll go to the moon or space station or whatever with one rocket, and get stranded there permanently until they have to cheat to fix another oversight in the modpack. Unless Karmarcharger just completely misunderstood the question and that's not how it is, which is really what I hope is happening (otherwise, every trip will require a rocket to be made from scratch).
This modpack makes you lose your rocket?! That is a weird config choice...
I meant that you will get a free rocket upon arrival on teh moon....

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
They are part of world generation. So unless your running 1.2.6 of the mod pack, your current mod pack will put them in. The fact chunks with snow may didn't have any may mean that they are being taken out of the mod pack. Since there are at least 3 ruined bases in that area.

Imho those chunk with snow are premade by karma. Also dungeon frequency, dimensions and a lot of other params can be tweaked so they are widely dispersed.
Just my opinion because I really like the ability to see the spawn overlay.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you do

You said that a second rocket would be required to return from the moon. In Galacticraft, when you go to the moon, the lander's inventory has your rocket and whatever was in it, as well as the launch pad. So you were saying that a second (read: not the one that's in the lander) rocket would be needed, which would logically mean that you wouldn't get the "free" (actually original) rocket back.

What you said before and what you said now are conflicting. Maybe you misunderstood the first question, maybe you just got yourself turned around, I don't know, but it seems you have an issue when it comes to directly answering questions/concerns.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
You said that a second rocket would be required to return from the moon. In Galacticraft, when you go to the moon, the lander's inventory has your rocket and whatever was in it, as well as the launch pad. So you were saying that a second (read: not the one that's in the lander) rocket would be needed, which would logically mean that you wouldn't get the "free" (actually original) rocket back.

What you said before and what you said now are conflicting. Maybe you misunderstood the first question, maybe you just got yourself turned around, I don't know, but it seems you have an issue when it comes to directly answering questions/concerns.
I guess I misread the question.... did you see the new galga recipe? whats your opinion on it?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I misread the question.... did you see the new galga recipe? whats your opinion on it?

Sorry, I stopped playing just before you introduced the cider/fresh water thing. I'm only here to keep an eye on the pack and to try to call attention to issues here and there.

EDIT: Just after. I remember water no longer working, and when I had to redo the whole hydration set up I'd already had, it was something of a last straw, the other main one being the ungodly resources I saw I'd need to make anything later in the game (things that looked to be used/called for/in quests pre-blast off, which seemed like it was supposed to be fairly early in the pack).

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps could i have your opinion on the recipe base on the video?

It's definitely good that you've put in another use for osmium, aluminum, and brass, given how little they were used. I don't remember what the galgadorian eyes and the other one take, so I can't comment on those, I'm afraid.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
That means its time for LiftOff

It's definitely good that you've put in another use for osmium, aluminum, and brass, given how little they were used. I don't remember what the galgadorian eyes and the other one take, so I can't comment on those, I'm afraid.
Plz not the brass, I am already using a ton of that for the capacitors.

Replacing the Exp Soak in the vat with a 6 bucket Natural Gas soak... After soaking with natural gas, It will have to be lasered, the Voila :D
Ehm, I think exp is better since it is renewable and quite easy to automate. Natural gas is a pain in the ... and you will only get about 30 buckets from each gas pocket.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
As much as ill like to make it just require ingots, i cant... because many players would just install veinminer and make thousands of galgadorian easily.....
I think we need to ditch the Galgador thing. Save the Galgadorian metal for recipes for machines and armors you think are op but don't want to remove from the game. this pack needs progression so how about this.

Early game right now you have two mods with their own materials, Flaxbeard's brass and gold plated iron, and Botania's steels. your next tech level seems to be pneumaticraft and ender io, so maybe you have to use manasteel for your first tnt set of compressed iron, and maybe the capacitors require elementium and the ender io machine block takes brass or bronze.

Next level is Mechanism, so the steel machine blocks now require Ender io alloys, like vibrant alloy or dark steel. and some recipes have a pneumaticcraft plastic component. (vibrant alloy requires redstone, glowstone, and ender pearls)

Next level is Galactricraft, and now you have to use the mekanism atomic alloys to make the machine blocks.

This progression limits the ability to just use plain ingots but won't require quite as intense a grind and will force a progression through each mod.

Again, don't keep trying to satisfy people with different galgador recipes and insane amounts of galgador. Also, since you are playing with recipes anyway throw in the occasional block of some of the metals like tin that aren't getting used for anything. and go ahead and make us compress them in anvils or whatever other arcane things you want. If I wasn't farming meteors and spires for days trying to get a bajillion emeralds (1 in 4 spires and only 4 emeralds per spire) I wouldn't have such large stockpiles of the other ores. Save galgador for steve's carts and the blocks you don't like because they are "cheaty" or "op"

The way the pack is now you have all these metals and resources but the only things that you are actually making use of are iron, gold and emeralds, everything else is mob drops or a block less useful and more plentiful than dirt (hardened clay)

Reactions: Neithan

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if its night time, i derp alot when i am trying to fix stuff at 1am, it will be morning time when i release 1.2.6
God, Ive only stayed up till one like twice a year (student :p) what charger do you use? Judging from your work on that pack and your forum posts you must stay up a lot XD. Anyway, the natural gas change sounds really cool. If this were a very very early recipe you may want to switch out the ender core with something else but make it a lower return. 2 blocks of enhanced is a lot of you lose the ender core.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I think we need to ditch the Galgador thing. Save the Galgadorian metal for recipes for machines and armors you think are op but don't want to remove from the game. this pack needs progression so how about this.

Early game right now you have two mods with their own materials, Flaxbeard's brass and gold plated iron, and Botania's steels. your next tech level seems to be pneumaticraft and ender io, so maybe you have to use manasteel for your first tnt set of compressed iron, and maybe the capacitors require elementium and the ender io machine block takes brass or bronze.

Next level is Mechanism, so the steel machine blocks now require Ender io alloys, like vibrant alloy or dark steel. and some recipes have a pneumaticcraft plastic component. (vibrant alloy requires redstone, glowstone, and ender pearls)

Next level is Galactricraft, and now you have to use the mekanism atomic alloys to make the machine blocks.

This progression limits the ability to just use plain ingots but won't require quite as intense a grind and will force a progression through each mod.

Again, don't keep trying to satisfy people with different galgador recipes and insane amounts of galgador. Also, since you are playing with recipes anyway throw in the occasional block of some of the metals like tin that aren't getting used for anything. and go ahead and make us compress them in anvils or whatever other arcane things you want. If I wasn't farming meteors and spires for days trying to get a bajillion emeralds (1 in 4 spires and only 4 emeralds per spire) I wouldn't have such large stockpiles of the other ores. Save galgador for steve's carts and the blocks you don't like because they are "cheaty" or "op"

The way the pack is now you have all these metals and resources but the only things that you are actually making use of are iron, gold and emeralds, everything else is mob drops or a block less useful and more plentiful than dirt (hardened clay)
Agreed. While Galgador is a versatile metal....ehmmmm....Im scared for the point where I have to enter the #GalgadorianGrind (lol). Maybe not every mekanism should use it and some things that are useful (such as transfer nodes!) should be made without galgador and with something hard to get, but achievable in early game.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Also, (my editing kinda breaks after one edit, so I have to make a new reply) a solution to this would be making an easy recipie. Maybe grindy and using alot of components from different mods, but once you have the machines in place, the resource cost will be like maybe the value of a diamond and emerald (the VALUE, not the ingredients) per block? Or, make it a high return, such as 8 enhanced blocks per ridiculous grind, and with that some repetitive recipes dont require galgadorian matal :D. Both ways would satisfy me.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019

Have you looked at the recipes at all? There is progression and its quite niecly made. You have following path:
flaxbeard->pneumaticraft->enderio->mekanism

And the grindy thing everyone is talking about is not grindy at all after you get your first few machines, since the entire galgadorian path can be automated (look at one of my previous posts).
Most mob loot you get from quests (ender pearls and ghast tears) for those first few machines so its even easier. Having noidea what I am doing, my entire grind was equal to 4 cycles of 2 minecraft days spend hammering meteors. After that I had enought resources to automate everything.

Bug report:
Dont put torches on your hotbar on moon, if you scroll to them the game will permacrash.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 151
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.checkCurrentItem(GCPlayerHandler.java:700)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onPlayerUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:987)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.entities.player.GCPlayerHandler.onLivingUpdate(GCPlayerHandler.java:153)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_95_GCPlayerHandler_onLivingUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.localOnUpdateEntity(EntityPlayerMP.java:295)
at api.player.server.ServerPlayerAPI.onUpdateEntity(ServerPlayerAPI.java:4828)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:8)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Prometheius

Jul 29, 2019
For the item/transfer transfer nodes, you could nerf the mining/world interaction upgrades instead of the actual nodes since the nodes by themselves only move items/liquids.