[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Can i get a general understanding on this point first.....

Do you guys have tons of these items:

Osmium, Tin, Brass, Aluminum?

Secondly other then @Astasia , is the problem with galgador the Metals required for the crafting, or the mob drops required for the crafting?

That will help alot for the new recipe....

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I realy dont get why people keep talking that this pack is grindy. It is not, its mostly about finding the best way of automation. Currently I have automated the entire galgadorian chain and the only grind I have to do is collect some ghast tears, since my ghast fram gives only 8 per minecraft day and I need more than that.
If someone want to get the answer to grinding insted of doing it themselves:
Spider mother in a electric spawner for spider eyes (powered with 4 solar panels)
Cursed dirt under spawners + diamond spikes + extrautilities fan + vacuum hopper for ghast tear, magma cream and blaze rods
Vanilla mob farm + diamond spike + cursed dirt + botania ender antiteleportation flower for ender pearls
Ghast tears + botania transformation for more ender pearls
Gold armors from the mob farm + smeltery for gold blocks/ingots
drone for sugar cane farm.
Daughter with flaxbeard armor (watch out, you will loose all upgrades if you give it to her and other armors will not works since they have durability and will die over time)in a smeltery for emeralds.

Also question for people who already BlastedOf: Do I need a second rocket to get back to earth after landing on moon? Would like a fast answer since I am planing to liftoff today.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Osmium: No (I'm a railroadlunatic)
Tin: Yes
Brass: No (Haven't bothered making any, tho have mats to make plenty)
Aluminum: Yes
Secondly other then @Astasia , is the problem with galgador the Metals required for the crafting, or the mob drops required for the crafting?
For me the limiting factors for Galgador are emeralds and red meteor gems.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I realy dont get why people keep talking that this pack is grindy. It is not, its mostly about finding the best way of automation. Currently I have automated the entire galgadorian chain and the only grind I have to do is collect some ghast tears, since my ghast fram gives only 8 per minecraft day and I need more than that.
Spider mother in a electric spawner for spider eyes (powered with 4 solar panels)
Cursed dirt under spawners + diamond spikes + extrautilities fan + vacuum hopper for ghast tear, magma cream and blaze rods
Vanilla mob farm + diamond spike + cursed dirt + botania ender antiteleportation flower for ender pearls
Daughter with flaxbeard armor (watch out, you will loose all upgrades if you give it to her and other armors will not works since they have durability and will die over time)in a smeltery for emeralds.

Also question for people who already BlastedOf: Do I need a second rocket to get back to earth after landing on moon? Would like a fast answer since I am planing to liftoff today.
Yes you do

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe of galdorian is actually pretty nerfed already....

I understand the issue with galgdor, I will try to make the secondary recipe much more "farmable"

As much as ill like to make it just require ingots, i cant... because many players would just install veinminer and make thousands of galgadorian easily.....
So the eye is "nerfed" as in requires the drops of a rare spawn (once my 200+ tower started working thanks to a peaceful cheat) i got about 12 of those skull orbs in three minecraft days. and it requires pearls which i've only been given three of the oysters. and yeah the hardeners require slightly less work, but I'm finding myself spending a hour mining meteors to get the emeralds. And the problem is that each machine recipe requires not one, not two, but usually eight or more galgadorian metals. The circuit fabricator needs upwards of 36. You only have one trick. Take a lesson from water and instead of a ridiculous recipe how about a ten step process?

You consistently tell us that when the mob spawning breaks we are supposed to cheat, we are supposed to disable mods or go into cheat mode and change the difficulty level, then you tell us you are making the recipes the way they are because you are worried about a cheaty mod like veinminer? I could just as easily go in and manually revert the recipes

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

Osmium, Tin, Brass, Aluminum?

I have tons of everything except emeralds, galacticraft silicon, and glowstone/redstone at this point. I guess my iron has dipped a little since I began expanding my AE system.

That reminds me, the world is a little short on redstone compared to other resources. You need a lot, but you hardly get more than the metals. I've been working on my botania so I can start duping it in large quantities.

Also dropping a villager that can't die into a smeltery to get endless emeralds feels like an exploit to me. It's not something I'm going to do unless it becomes a requirement or is stated as being intended gameplay by karma.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
i got about 12 of those skull orbs in three minecraft days.
You wot? Every summoner drops like 8-14 orbs or something. Your spawner ain't too effective if you manage to spawn only one summoner over the span of multiple days.
and it requires pearls which i've only been given three of the oysters.
Cost to automate pearl production:

10 iron and 16 planks per oyster.
3 iron for a bucket to move water.
As much sand as you want.

Bang.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit, I lost the motivation to play for about 10 days. (Yay! Minplex minigames and Hypixel) But today after preparing my pack for an update and watching a blast off episode involving the new update, I got my water fixed up, less grindy (well, more steps, but with a higher return in a shorter time), and more efficient. Also, I was able to completely fix my water situation in 20 minutes. This update may have been a rule changer, but it was necessary to balance the game and still have the game playd by the original principle of limited water. Thanks @karmacharger !

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
So the eye is "nerfed" as in requires the drops of a rare spawn (once my 200+ tower started working thanks to a peaceful cheat) i got about 12 of those skull orbs in three minecraft days. and it requires pearls which i've only been given three of the oysters. and yeah the hardeners require slightly less work, but I'm finding myself spending a hour mining meteors to get the emeralds. And the problem is that each machine recipe requires not one, not two, but usually eight or more galgadorian metals. The circuit fabricator needs upwards of 36. You only have one trick. Take a lesson from water and instead of a ridiculous recipe how about a ten step process?

You consistently tell us that when the mob spawning breaks we are supposed to cheat, we are supposed to disable mods or go into cheat mode and change the difficulty level, then you tell us you are making the recipes the way they are because you are worried about a cheaty mod like veinminer? I could just as easily go in and manually revert the recipes
Calm down .... :oops:
I have tons of everything except emeralds, galacticraft silicon, and glowstone/redstone at this point. I guess my iron has dipped a little since I began expanding my AE system.

That reminds me, the world is a little short on redstone compared to other resources. You need a lot, but you hardly get more than the metals. I've been working on my botania so I can start duping it in large quantities.

Also dropping a villager that can't die into a smeltery to get endless emeralds feels like an exploit to me. It's not something I'm going to do unless it becomes a requirement or is stated as being intended gameplay by karma.

+1
Karma you shouldn't be wasting your time about other mods that can break your pack progression. It is like DRM in games, the only who suffers it is the customer not the pirate. So, those of us how play your pack as it is suffer the grinding designed to those how use veinminer or other mod.
What do you guys think about this then...
Galgador -> Endercore + Brass block + Alumite Block + Osmium Block + Tin Block + 30000LBs or Liquid XP

Watch the video before killing me kthx....:cool:

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Woah! I think recopies like these should be added, making galagadorian metal versatile but each recipe needing different machines/resources. That will make the modpack less deterring at the #GalgadorianGrind :)D) and make it more fun to automate. As for that recipe, it requires a good metals base and some exotic items for endercores and experience to burn. So yeah, this is a good beginner and easy to automate recipe.

jopk

Jul 29, 2019

Galgador -> Endercore + Brass block + Alumite Block + Osmium Block + Tin Block + 30000LBs or Liquid XP

maby ditch the xp thing but for the most part realy cool.

samgo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Have anyone managed to automate brass production yet? Last I checked it wasn't smeltery activated, and the shaped recipe takes 4 ingots to create 1 brass ingot, while the Flaxbeard crucible method yields 4 brass ingots for the same materials.

Also @karmarcharger, I took a peek at the new 1.2.6 map you posted a while back. Love the new design of the base. In the easycore version one elevator block seems to be missing (4 at the bottom level, 3 at the ground level, the one to the east is missing), and the sapling storage loads a ME quantum ring and an altar guardian, which I guess it not intended? Also, it might need some more lighting, at least from what I can see in NEI.

Keep up the good work.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Have anyone managed to automate brass production yet? Last I checked it wasn't smeltery activated, and the shaped recipe takes 4 ingots to create 1 brass ingot, while the Flaxbeard crucible method yields 4 brass ingots for the same materials.

Also @karmarcharger, I took a peek at the new 1.2.6 map you posted a while back. Love the new design of the base. In the easycore version one elevator block seems to be missing (4 at the bottom level, 3 at the ground level, the one to the east is missing), and the sapling storage loads a ME quantum ring and an altar guardian, which I guess it not intended? Also, it might need some more lighting, at least from what I can see in NEI.

Keep up the good work.
O: a derp by me? XD

MalikDrako

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe instead of adding more recipes for galgador at a similar tech level, add a recipe that uses mekanism and/or ender io, maybe the tier 2 ore processing machines

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019

I love this Idea, finaly something to use the drill.
Maybe just to add one more step make it use "drill + laser" between compression and liquid xp bath.