[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Sheena-Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Why are animals attacking people now? I JUST made a pig pen...

Also... dropping dead squids?! THAT is why there are so many squid drops everythwere, I had assumed it was all of the water I had in underground areas...?

I thought so as well and thus I removed the water source, which was a hassle as the supposed empty one was placing a fresh batch of water ^^;
But still it seemed that I was still getting squids and inc sacks.
I mean, I always got a few thanks to dead squids down in the base but I have received a huge amount once I left the base after sleeping from over where my 3 apple trees were located. Once removed, none... now one had regrown and instantly I received a few again.
In just 3 days of ingame-time I received 2 stacks of dead squids and inc sacks o_O

in .26 i will disable the passive mob being naughty :3 thanks for the info

Okay, so I am not crazy ^^

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
to reconstruct the last several posts and points that have been made into constructive criticism:
Grinding for grinding sake is bad.
Grinding so you appreciate the automation later is good.
Grinding is not hard, it's work and boring.
Hard is good when there is a reward that makes you feel good about something you have accomplished.

I think this sums up a lot of the frustration there has been. It is grinding from square one with nothing to show for it or no satisfaction from completing something.
I think I've stated all of this several times now, and given feedback on how to fix it. Karma just seemed to glance over it and say "more hard stuff to be added", so oh well. It's his pack to run into the ground. I'm with Bard and Ouroboros, I think I'm done with this pack until the recipes and rewards get fixed (doubt it). I'll hang out in the thread just to see the progress, but I can't do this grind anymore. It's not that it's hard, but making ten billion galgawhatevers is boring as hell, not fun.

Karma, if you read this, you should learn from the mistakes of people like gregorius (gregtech) who made progression so mind numbingly boring and grindy that no one will put his mod in their mod packs. Eventually people will just stop playing.

Reactions: Neithan

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
first of the pack is great to play but...

your making it less and less automated which makes things annoying BC mod is a great mod but you really need to either enable auto workbench again despite the bug it causes or fix the crash bug for it, Before 1.23 i had no issue with the work bench what so ever i had fully automated everything including fresh water but now you disable the work bench, all my automated stuff is now broke and doesn't work because it relies on the auto-workbench

so best options is either add another mod let you automate stuff or just fix that work bench bug tbh i think it just be easy for you to fix the bug

just so you know there is other methods to automated but the best way is with the workbench because it deals with all that small stuff that needs to be crafted when called for though AE or continued crafting
LogisticPipes autocrafting

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've stated all of this several times now, and given feedback on how to fix it. Karma just seemed to glance over it and say "more hard stuff to be added", so oh well. It's his pack to run into the ground. I'm with Bard and Ouroboros, I think I'm done with this pack until the recipes and rewards get fixed (doubt it). I'll hang out in the thread just to see the progress, but I can't do this grind anymore. It's not that it's hard, but making ten billion galgawhatevers is boring as hell, not fun.

Karma, if you read this, you should learn from the mistakes of people like gregorius (gregtech) who made progression so mind numbingly boring and grindy that no one will put his mod in their mod packs. Eventually people will just stop playing.
Well, i've finally finished pressurization so that's four chapters down, looking ahead at the mats it's just a series of quests that represent 10hr+ grinds and I'm just done. The stats say it's taken me over 50 hrs and I know that I've lost at least another 24-36 to the stats resetting when I upgraded versions. Maybe someday if there is a real progression I'll come back to this pack, but I'm looking at the first quest of 6 Blast off and the circuit fabricator requires about 35 galgadorian just to make one freaking machine, and it's not like i have any hope for decent quest rewards. I feel like despite all the stuff i've made, I haven't actually made any progress

Congratulations Karmarcharger you made crafting a SAG mill feel like landing on the moon. As for actually trying to land on the moon, why bother? There are other packs out there that actually reward me for sticking around and progressing through the pack, whereas this pack is gradually stealing all the fun and replacing it with boring thankless grind. I think i'm going to go do something that is actually fun like stick my fingers in a meat grinder, or smack myself in the face with mallets.

Just you wait everyone until Karma changes the recipe for the furnace to require double compressed cobblestone, we all know it's going to happen. I really tried to give this pack a chance, despite a lot of early game grind, and I accepted it. I like the first 20 hours of play, but after that there's nothing really new, just hours and hours of making galgadorian metal for recipes that gradually require more and more of it without providing any meaningful ways to get it easier. I understand scaling quest progression with in game progression, but despite the recipes getting harder and harder the resource availability actually gradually decreases. It's just a matter of time until the Hardened Metal recipe replaces all the iron bars with blocks of bedrockium. If I was a prison guard, and wanted the the inmates to feel soul crushing despair, I'd force them to play this pack.

Thanks, it was fun for a while. If your goal is to get everyone who ever plays this pack to rage quit, you are well on your way. I'm Bored Quitting. I imagine you'll get a lot of that as well.
The recipe of galdorian is actually pretty nerfed already....

I understand the issue with galgdor, I will try to make the secondary recipe much more "farmable"

As much as ill like to make it just require ingots, i cant... because many players would just install veinminer and make thousands of galgadorian easily.....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The worst thing is karma is still thinking of adding more mods to make it even tougher
Guess i would stay in a earlier version than updating for more "awesome" things.

Edit: making it hard is fun for karma,but not for players. Really hope that you know when to stop
I am only adding buildcraft addition as a level up from flaxbeard, because many players find that flaxbeard is like a dead-end....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

Lastly.... rather then complaining about how hard galgadorian is....

Perhaps you could suggest a recipe for it? :)

Kapakx

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I hooked up the cell you can from the quest and it lit up, when it ran dry I even gave myself a bunch with NEI and it just drained down.. And I put the singularity in before and after powering it, tried buttons and levers and nada. I'm sure it's probably something I'm doing as I haven't played with that mod much, but I don't know what it is.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I hooked up the cell you can from the quest and it lit up, when it ran dry I even gave myself a bunch with NEI and it just drained down.. And I put the singularity in before and after powering it, tried buttons and levers and nada. I'm sure it's probably something I'm doing as I haven't played with that mod much, but I don't know what it is.
Its on the first floor

Crittenden2

Jul 29, 2019

I understand the issue with galgdor, I will try to make the secondary recipe much more "farmable"

As much as ill like to make it just require ingots, i cant... because many players would just install veinminer and make thousands of galgadorian easily.....
I'm not sure I understand why some people not playing the pack as intended (eg. adding veinminer etc.) should be allowed to effect everybody else. Let them do it, it's there business/loss, don't change things just for them.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this happened with me a lot earlier; I started noticing how almost literally EVERYTHING needed galgadorian components, and I saw how it was even more difficult to make those than in standard Steve's Carts, so I just noped the heck out of there and saved myself the grind. The only reason I've stuck around this thread is in the vague and, frankly, unfounded hopes that the ridiculous grind will be eased up. The pack looked fun at first, but as soon as I started poking around NEI, I just sorta gave up once I saw the massive resource draw.
Well, i've finally finished pressurization so that's four chapters down, looking ahead at the mats it's just a series of quests that represent 10hr+ grinds and I'm just done. The stats say it's taken me over 50 hrs and I know that I've lost at least another 24-36 to the stats resetting when I upgraded versions. Maybe someday if there is a real progression I'll come back to this pack, but I'm looking at the first quest of 6 Blast off and the circuit fabricator requires about 35 galgadorian just to make one freaking machine, and it's not like i have any hope for decent quest rewards. I feel like despite all the stuff i've made, I haven't actually made any progress

Congratulations Karmarcharger you made crafting a SAG mill feel like landing on the moon. As for actually trying to land on the moon, why bother? There are other packs out there that actually reward me for sticking around and progressing through the pack, whereas this pack is gradually stealing all the fun and replacing it with boring thankless grind. I think i'm going to go do something that is actually fun like stick my fingers in a meat grinder, or smack myself in the face with mallets.

Just you wait everyone until Karma changes the recipe for the furnace to require double compressed cobblestone, we all know it's going to happen. I really tried to give this pack a chance, despite a lot of early game grind, and I accepted it. I like the first 20 hours of play, but after that there's nothing really new, just hours and hours of making galgadorian metal for recipes that gradually require more and more of it without providing any meaningful ways to get it easier. I understand scaling quest progression with in game progression, but despite the recipes getting harder and harder the resource availability actually gradually decreases. It's just a matter of time until the Hardened Metal recipe replaces all the iron bars with blocks of bedrockium. If I was a prison guard, and wanted the the inmates to feel soul crushing despair, I'd force them to play this pack.

Thanks, it was fun for a while. If your goal is to get everyone who ever plays this pack to rage quit, you are well on your way. I'm Bored Quitting. I imagine you'll get a lot of that as well.

Current WIP on galgadorian recipe.... A recipe that replaces Eyes of galgador with Eyes of ender... and perhaps a use for the thousands of aluminium/brass/osmium/tin blocks that you have.....

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand why some people not playing the pack as intended (eg. adding veinminer etc.) should be allowed to effect everybody else. Let them do it, it's there business/loss, don't change things just for them.

+1
Karma you shouldn't be wasting your time about other mods that can break your pack progression. It is like DRM in games, the only who suffers it is the customer not the pirate. So, those of us how play your pack as it is suffer the grinding designed to those how use veinminer or other mod.

Reactions: Rubik842

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
+1
Karma you shouldn't be wasting your time about other mods that can break your pack progression. It is like DRM in games, the only who suffers it is the customer not the pirate. So, those of us how play your pack as it is suffer the grinding designed to those how use veinminer or other mod.
Yes i am designing a way to get galgorian that is less grindy, but requires more machines :3

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to change the settings to allow lives because I have restarted from scratch 4 times now and its more aggravating than fun to me now
I know its meant to be like this but I want some fun out of it too
thanks for help in advance

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to change the settings to allow lives because I have restarted from scratch 4 times now and its more aggravating than fun to me now
Play Eazycore mode....

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

Two things about this.. First, installing veinminer is cheating, it doesn't matter how easily people achieve stuff through cheating. It would be like somebody adding MFR to the pack with vanilla recipes and using that to cheese their way through. It's irrelevant and should not be factored into any decisions on your end.

Second... The only hard thing about galgadorian is the emerald cost. It's super easy to set up automated ghast/blaze/magma cube/spider farms, add a field of ender lilies (I've gotten around 64 of them from dungeons so far), and bonemeal up a dozen stacks of brown mushrooms and sugar. The automated mob grinders aren't even required, an hour next to a spawner with a looting III weapon and you have stacks and stacks of drops. I have all of those materials set for life, and my AE system is set up to process some of the various steps automatically (and I'm working on finishing the rest). It's just the mining meteor blocks for emeralds that's slow and grindy, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. So it's already bottlenecked by mining, making things require high amounts of some other metal later really wont change anything.

My real issue with galgadorian metal is that it's the same resource used over and over throughout the whole tech phase, with no real tiering involved, and that it requires old machines nobody wants to use to craft. Same with the PCB stuff. I don't want to go anywhere near an anvil or pressure chamber after my "advanced" machines are in place.

Also your secondary "nerfed" recipe for galg eyes is harder and more annoying than the base recipe. The summoner things are harder to farm than any of the other drops, I don't even know it pearls can be automated, I don't think you can feed them through pipes/conduits, and it's yet another pressure chamber recipe. The galg eyes aren't the problem either.

Reactions: Crittenden2

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Try to get the sync machines from the quest. I've died a few times on Hardcore, still alive. :) (note: make sure to make a chunk loader before venturing far out of the base or where the sync machine is placed.)