[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
the Archimedes screw
Whenever I update the modpack all of my settings and such gets reset, where are the settings stored? Can I take where the settings are stored on my backed up map from before I updated and copy it over to my current version?

EDIT:
This is especially annoying because all of my waypoints vanish...

Where map way points are stored
\BlastOff\Minecraft\xaerominimap.txt

Where Volume Video and key bindings are stored for minecraft and some mods but not all mods.
\BlastOff\Minecraft\option.txt

Where server names and IPs are stored
\BlastOff\Minecraft\server.dat

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be very hard to add in more metals and tier them a little more and change out recipes tho so as to make it not so grindy according to the people who have progressed much further than me :) You know so like it's changing it up a bit and it does make you have to progress through certain mods. someone else's post on the last few pages got the gears a turning lol. I'm still trying to automate with what I have as I go and I'm not going hardcore toward quest progression so still on first two chapters.

Edit: And I apologize if I seem pushy.I'm not trying to be. I'm really just trying to brainstorm a little :)

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried glowstone nooks. Then one day, I see a bunch of mobs in some rooms because they became obsidian nooks. (Single Player)

Carpenters Blocks make great light sources. Just place the frame, then shift-click a Glowstone Dust into it before adding the deco block. It's more expensive then using nooks, but it works for all shapes, with all materials and I never had a Carpenter block turn into obsidian. :)

Glowstone is also not that hard to get between the slimes, meteors and the Botania recipes to transmute and double them.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Carpenters Blocks make great light sources. Just place the frame, then shift-click a Glowstone Dust into it before adding the deco block. It's more expensive then using nooks, but it works for all shapes, with all materials and I never had a Carpenter block turn into obsidian. :)

Glowstone is also not that hard to get between the slimes, meteors and the Botania recipes to transmute and double them.
Ooooooh this would also give it decorative shapes too, thanks!

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooooh this would also give it decorative shapes too, thanks!

Yep, no more torches/nooks hidden behind covers. :)

Just make sure please, you have a fairly recent mod pack version. I think 1.1.20 included the update of Carpenter's Block that has this functionality.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, no more torches/nooks hidden behind covers. :)

Just make sure please, you have a fairly recent mod pack version. I think 1.1.20 included the update of Carpenter's Block that has this functionality.
I am updated to 1.25

Also, I haven't seen one animal spawn in my giant field of grass and I've been enough far away from it from time to time, am I just unlucky or has this been disabled?

EDIT:
Or is it because of the frozen ocean biome that the entire world seems to be...

Last edited:

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree, sugarcane was not the obvious choice, Ex Nihilo is in the pack and so anyone who has used that mod before in the new Yogscast modpack or in Agrarian Skies or wherever else would have assumed that sugarcane would have been easy to get and would have grabbed the food option since you were given a limited amount of food. It is only until later are you able to realize that a lot of Ex Nihilo is disabled. BUT I can understand limiting getting sugarcane later by forcing the player to use Kawaii seeds or automating dirt to smash compressed dirt, I am just saying that sugarcane is in no way the obvious choice.

I don't agree that food was limited early in the pack, or ever, food has never been a problem. For quest rewards you have to look at two things. Is this something that i can use to make other stuff or consumable, and Are the mats for this worth more than the other thing? The sugar cane gives me the ability to make stuff whereas the food I didn't need yet.

I do agree there are a lot of quest rewards in this pack where you are expected to choose between two things that aren't balanced, like the choice between magnesium ingots and titanium ingots, or when the choice was 4 speed upgrades versus one steel casing (the one requiring some lucky drops the other days of grinding). Then the useless end of chain rewards that give start of mod rewards like the brass, or that soul bag at the end of steve's carts, trading an enhanced galgadorian block for (in my case) a run of the mill zombie soul (it didn't even have full HP) I can get that on my own at this point in about 5 minutes start to finish. I'm currently staring down a quest in Industrial revolotion where i craft 4 steel casings and get either a block of ender io dark steel or mekanism steel. The steel casing doesn't even require steel to make, and i already have a ton of steel from melting down chain drops.

The grind never stops in this pack, the only automation we're allowed on resource gathering is buggy, the grindy recipes rarely have late game alternates, and Karma is deliberately tempting us with mods and devices that are extremely difficult to get for their limited utility, just because of a dislike of the mod? Why even include the mod if you don't like it? I don't feel like Botania is a mod that has to be there, if it is op, and not techy enough for the pack, why is it in the pack? Ender IO only seems to be in the pack to generate AE2 silicon, none of the late game recipes require anything else from it, and once i get to Ender IO i completely abandon the buildcraft pipes (except stripes) which Karma so desperately wants to force us to use. I feel like Ender IO could be completely removed if the silicon could come from mechanism and nobody would even miss it.

Spawning is broken somewhere, I can run around all night in the dark and come across only a handful of mobs, or suddenly run into a dozen creepers all at once. The y=200+ spawner worked for about two minutes and since then I've gone whole nights without a single spawn in it. I haven't moved to 1.2.5 to see the squid mating orgy, or the stacked mobs, but I've never had an animal spawn.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't agree that food was limited early in the pack, or ever, food has never been a problem. For quest rewards you have to look at two things. Is this something that i can use to make other stuff or consumable, and Are the mats for this worth more than the other thing? The sugar cane gives me the ability to make stuff whereas the food I didn't need yet.
The sugarcane quest is very, very early, like one of the first quests, you are given a handful of foods in a chest and you do not know whether or not more will be accessible. Food wasn't a problem then but whether or not food would become a problem was not known.

The grind never stops in this pack, the only automation we're allowed on resource gathering is buggy, the grindy recipes rarely have late game alternates, and Karma is deliberately tempting us with mods and devices that are extremely difficult to get for their limited utility, just because of a dislike of the mod? Why even include the mod if you don't like it? I don't feel like Botania is a mod that has to be there, if it is op, and not techy enough for the pack, why is it in the pack? Ender IO only seems to be in the pack to generate AE2 silicon, none of the late game recipes require anything else from it, and once i get to Ender IO i completely abandon the buildcraft pipes (except stripes) which Karma so desperately wants to force us to use. I feel like Ender IO could be completely removed if the silicon could come from mechanism and nobody would even miss it.
While I agree that Botania doesn't fit the theme of the pack, it is too late to remove it now since it is featured so heavily really...

Spawning is broken somewhere, I can run around all night in the dark and come across only a handful of mobs, or suddenly run into a dozen creepers all at once. The y=200+ spawner worked for about two minutes and since then I've gone whole nights without a single spawn in it. I haven't moved to 1.2.5 to see the squid mating orgy, or the stacked mobs, but I've never had an animal spawn.
Boo, must be the frozen biome thing...

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
The sugarcane quest is very, very early, like one of the first quests, you are given a handful of foods in a chest and you do not know whether or not more will be accessible. Food wasn't a problem then but whether or not food would become a problem was not known.

While I agree that Botania doesn't fit the theme of the pack, it is too late to remove it now since it is featured so heavily really...
So you solve a food shortage not with something that you can make food out of but with a couple pieces of food, not reading your logic there.

Botania is featured heavily? Where? It's a dead end quest line, that doesn't produce materials required for other quest lines. At best all you get out of it is armor and some resource doubling (both of which karma hates), and a different path to Mycellium. With the galgadorian recipes it's just a waste of resources. I can get all the functionality of the mod from other mods, including much cheaper Ender IO Dark Steel armor.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Great, for now the umpteenth time i've gotten the power failure crash which has corrupted my save file. This is not a slow computer. This shouldn't be happening. Particularly not without at least some pre-crash warning lag.

How do I check light levels now that F7 has been remapped to streaming controls?
manually re map the streaming controls. I already did it in the old version because the streaming controls were mapped to F9 which shows chunk boundaries. Hit escape, go to options, go to controls, find the streaming controls, I moved them to the numpad myself. Seriously, why is this even a question? You get a message at startup telling you that you need to change the hardcore ender expansion button because it has a conflict. There are a finite number of keyboard keys and a bunch of mods trying to use them all. Seriously modders, we need menus so all your toggles can use a single button.

Reactions: Neithan

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Great, for now the umpteenth time i've gotten the power failure crash which has corrupted my save file. This is not a slow computer. This shouldn't be happening. Particularly not without at least some pre-crash warning lag.
Not exactly modpacks fault.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly modpacks fault.
That's like blaming the gun not the person who shot it.

It is the fault of one or more poorly coded mods in the pack. The mod is in the pack, therefore the modpack is at fault. Other modpacks don't cause this type of crash.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
That's like blaming the gun not the person who shot it.

It is the fault of one or more poorly coded mods in the pack. The mod is in the pack, therefore the modpack is at fault. Other modpacks don't cause this type of crash.
This same shit has happened to people with vanilla Minecraft without any mods.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry but breaking the rules is causing more of a disturbance than informing you that you are breaking the rules inadvertently, also informing you so that you don't get reported for it is not mini-modding. I spoke with Flipz about it and was assured that double posting is posting twice in a row, period. Then Flipz said what I said, "The edit button is there for a reason" and that was weird that we said the same thing. Informing was a mistake apparently and as I told Flipz I will not inform anymore I will just hit the report button.
You know what, karmarcharger does this at least once every two pages, yet you or anyone else has never called them out on it once, nor should they because it's such a MINOR issue. The only reason you even brought it up with me was because I called you out and PROVED that you responded to someone incorrectly without even reading their post. Stop being a cry baby, take your lashings, and move on, because YES you are causing a disturbance. There's no reason to turn around and mini-mod or try and redirect blame by pointing out the very very minor faults in others. Grow up.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
So you solve a food shortage not with something that you can make food out of but with a couple pieces of food, not reading your logic there.

No, you solve a food shortage with things you can plant to make more food. Because carrots and potatoes are both the "seed," so to speak, and the actual item you eat, in both real life and Minecraft. So it's logical to choose the thing you can plant to make more food. Anyone who gets seeds in a barren-world modpack and just eats it (like you would seem to do) really ought to get their priorities straight.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
What? Carrots seeds are not a couple pieces of food, they are a means to grow infinite food, you can't eat raw sugarcane.

Botania is featured heavily? Where? It's a dead end quest line, that doesn't produce materials required for other quest lines. At best all you get outof it is armor and some resource doubling (both of which karma hates), and a different path to Mycellium. With the galgadorian recipes it's just a waste of resources. I can get all the functionality of the mod from other mods, including much cheaper Ender IO Dark Steel armor.
You're farther than me.

There's no reason to turn around and mini-mod or try and redirect blame by pointing out the very very minor faults in others. Grow up.
Again, I was only warning you to stop before someone reported you for breaking the rules.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Again, I was only warning you to stop before someone reported you for breaking the rules.

Dude, you're making more of a disruption by trying to prove you're right. You were minimodding, and now you keep bringing back the same issue and disrupting the thread. You really oughta let it go already.