[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jakmist70

Jul 29, 2019
well i thought there was no nether fortress, so i went for a long look out and found one so now i have blaze powder for days

Tamarea

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i ran into an interesting bug... I accidentally clicked on my Robit with a golden lasso in my hand and it crashed my game.... now when i try to load it back up it keeps crashing. Any idea how to fix this so that i can continue to play?

ok so i tried to log in again... it let me in its working again

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I got a minecart slave/robot/employee to dig holes.
2015-02-06_18.53.35.png

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
a) Steam Tools are way too inefficient that breaking blocks by hand would be faster

Easy mistake to make. You have to fill it with steam and then hold right click to charge it up before digging, there's a charge bar and the tool will start spinning. It's pretty cool and they are decently fast. I use the steam shovel instead of a TiC one to clear snow.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with this modpack, here's why:
1. Bugs, bugs, and bugs
I expect to have less bugs to deal with in a release version of a modpack (v.1.x.x) which is regarded as STABLE, but what I got is bugs followed by bugs. I am making Youtube videos and on average I need to deal with one bugs per video and explain to my viewers why it is an issue. Here's some:
a) Steam Tools are way too inefficient that breaking blocks by hand would be faster
b) Steam Fillers are not rendered probably which caused a bit of lag
c) Using pressurized water with either Ex Nihilo barrel or Archimedes Screw will crash the map
d) Copper Ingot are not interchangeable as shown in the NEI (Other Copper Ingot --> Copper Block --> Flaxbeard's Copper Ingot)
e) Copper Ingot from other mods cannot be used for making brass alloys
I think it is acceptable if the bugs do not occur in the main questline, but four out of five bugs listed above is IN the MAIN QUESTLINE, which makes my experience uncomfortable. It gave me a feeling that you just create the pack in your mind instead of playing all the way through the modpack, or else I think you SHOULD HAVE found the bugs. It is too obvious.

More examples. The realistic pain mod is giving me way too much troubles (I believe that I have a better pc than 70% of the people). It lagged me out every time I pause the game. The game just purely freezed after I have paused my game for a considerable amount of time. It even crashed on me a few times before I figured out it's something to do with that. Too much for me.

2. Annoying designs

I think Ouroboros pointed the problem.
The modpack is way too tedious (I don't deny that someone may have that patience and interest in it) for people to play with and the designs of the quests are way too inconsiderate. For example the sugar cane seed, you got to choose a reward in a quest which included sugar cane seed, but if you don't choose the seed, you will need a bunch of triple compressed dirts to get one afterwards. I think this has gone beyond the limit. I agree that a modpack would be more interesting if it has some interesting twists, but it is way too inconsiderate to put something crucial ALMOST impossible to get. You need it for crafting in Botania (which is in the main quest). You can't proceed without the sugar.

Another example. food variety. SPICE OF LIFE? Installed. But how about PAM'S HARVESTCRAFT? None. I wouldn't say that pam's harvestcraft is necessary to installing Spice of Life, but the food variety is way too little IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SUGAR CANE SEED. It is not the way to punish players by MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. It took me a lot more time to find out what is the reason for not having enough variety of food. Too bad.

At last, I appreciate the effort made by karmanrcharger and the creativity in this modpack, but I would have to say that the modpack is too ill-designed for people to normally play with.
Please fix the game and I would love to try afterwards and show my viewers how fun this modpack will be with better designs and less bugs.
View attachment 14619

Not sure why you think sugar is required for food variety, between vanilla crops, fish, and slimes variety isn't hard to come by.
a) If you dont give power to a steam tool and call it inefficient...
b) thats flaxbeard's problem... @SatanicSanta
c)Use a backup and dont do it again.....
d)Ok
e)Thats flaxbeard problem too.... @SatanicSanta
I did say to remove realistic pain in many post....

DO you know, even if it takes awhile to get triple compressed dirt, you may end up not loosing a single dirt if you use fortune3 hammer? As a result with one triple compressed dirt and some luck, you can just keep duping seeds?

Food? .... KAWAIIIIII FOOD MOD!

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the damage near my base, from all the meteors. (I couldn't fit my base in the picture; it's not far away though)
2015-02-06_20.33.35.png

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that is missing is mobs that spawn during the day. The surface is to safe during the day time while exploring.
Right, because getting swarmed by magma cubes while on/near spires is safe. And then there is the ghast spawner i found.

This is a pack with a big reliance on killing mobs for their drops, one way or another i end up wandering out at night looking for trouble, let me have some safety during the day please.

I have to say, the more i play, and get used to a few hard realities, the more fun i have.

I would ask that maybe the drops from hammering meteors get adjusted, I'm sitting on over a thousand each of aluminum and tin, neither of which has any use in the pack other than tinker's. Zinc has a lot of use, but i still have way too much of it. There is more than enough just in the spires. I'm swimming in iron and gold right now (not a complaint but it's weird after being short forever) because I have to farm huge amounts of redstone, perhaps a little less on the useless ores and a little more on the redstone? maybe a low chance for certus and mekanism silicon? just a thought, I've invested a lot of hours mining meteors and i feel the drops could be balanced a little more based on the pack, or you could let me craft some things out of tin and aluminum?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Right, because getting swarmed by magma cubes while on/near spires is safe. And then there is the ghast spawner i found.

This is a pack with a big reliance on killing mobs for their drops, one way or another i end up wandering out at night looking for trouble, let me have some safety during the day please.

I have to say, the more i play, and get used to a few hard realities, the more fun i have.

I would ask that maybe the drops from hammering meteors get adjusted, I'm sitting on over a thousand each of aluminum and tin, neither of which has any use in the pack other than tinker's. Zinc has a lot of use, but i still have way too much of it. There is more than enough just in the spires. I'm swimming in iron and gold right now (not a complaint but it's weird after being short forever) because I have to farm huge amounts of redstone, perhaps a little less on the useless ores and a little more on the redstone? maybe a low chance for certus and mekanism silicon? just a thought, I've invested a lot of hours mining meteors and i feel the drops could be balanced a little more based on the pack, or you could let me craft some things out of tin and aluminum?
Meteors are meant to be a secondary means of getting ores, they cant be having everything @_@

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
these were two SEPARATE posts to two different people on two different topics. The general consensus of what a double post is consists of either posting the same thing twice, or posting something on a topic, then posting again to add information to that topic, neither of which I did.
No, double posting is posting twice, hence the name.

The only thing that is missing is mobs that spawn during the day. The surface is to safe during the day time while exploring.
True, things could be worse if things spawned during the day, maybe haunted tools would work?

ok so i ran into an interesting bug... I accidentally clicked on my Robit with a golden lasso in my hand and it crashed my game.... now when i try to load it back up it keeps crashing. Any idea how to fix this so that i can continue to play?

ok so i tried to log in again... it let me in its working again
Yeah that is a known bug... /:

Meteors are meant to be a secondary means of getting ores, they cant be having everything @_@
What is meant to be the primary mean, spires?

Also I updated to 1.24 finally and now my audio won't work... when this happens usually just restarting the client fixes it but I've restarted it a ton of times...

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
You are way too literal. Go do a search and see what the common consensus of what "double posting" MEANS. You will find, as I did when I researched it, that the most common explanation is NOT just posting twice, but instead either posting the same content twice in a row, or creating a second post to add info to the first post. But considering that you can't be bothered to actually read people's posts here before responding, I don't expect you will do that search. Therefore, please stop mini-modding.

RickJ

Jul 29, 2019
The ones I've found have all been 4000+ blocks away. And if they have the bottom floors, they're freaking brutal.

You need new terrain generation to find them

Thank's i'll give that a go.

Karma I restarted the pack after 1.2.0 so it should be all new generation just have'nt gone far enough out yet.
Still loving the pack, you'e doing an amazing job, most people do it's the few that don't that speak out;)

RickJ

Jul 29, 2019

True, things could be worse if things spawned during the day, maybe haunted tools would work?

Yeah that is a known bug... /:

What is meant to be the primary mean, spires?

Also I updated to 1.24 finally and now my audio won't work... when this happens usually just restarting the client fixes it but I've restarted it a ton of times...

Check the master volume in options I think it defaults at 0 when you update

Reactions: Rubik842

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
a) If you dont give power to a steam tool and call it inefficient...
b) thats flaxbeard's problem... @SatanicSanta
c)Use a backup and dont do it again.....
d)Ok
e)Thats flaxbeard problem too.... @SatanicSanta
I did say to remove realistic pain in many post....

Okay, you can't just put the blame on the mod author when you consciously made the decision to include it in the pack as the pack author. While it is very true the mod author is responsible for causing the bug, you as the pack author are ultimately responsible for what is in your pack. You should not expect users to test your pack out after you have considered it stable, at this point there should only be minor bugs which do not cause the game to crash or completely bug out quests.

As a pack author, it is your responsibility to carefully choose which mods to include and test them to ensure compatibility across the pack to the extent where no major bugs are obvious. If bugs are apparent, you should do your best to either prevent them from happening by tweaking the mod or the configs, contact the mod author and give them a bug report, or remove the mod entirely until it is stable. Of course, you cannot realistically do this all on your own, this is what betas are for. This was evidently not done with your pack for whatever reason as many major issues still exist as reported by numerous users on these forums. Realistic pain is a pretty good example of this. The mod was made by an amateur developer who probably had no real idea what he was actually doing, which is why it is littered with serious bugs. You should not be using these types of mods without extensive testing to ensure they work properly, otherwise you are just wasting everyone time with memory leaks, lags, crashes, and game breaking bugs. Quality control is the key here.

All that being said, aside from the above, you have done an excellent job with the pack. I am having a lot of fun with it, but having to restart my game every hour is mildly annoying. I think there are still a few balance issues to be addressed, and perhaps some users do have a valid point with the whole sugar cane thing. It feels more like a troll quest more than anything as you have no way of knowing what to expect without having advanced knowledge with the modpack itself. I'm sure 95% of people who have played the pack at least once would choose sugar cane over the other two options every single time they decided to play it again. Anyways, don't take what I said the wrong way, honestly just trying to give you some constructive criticism.