[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Well I managed to accidentaly wipe out the whole minecraft folder of mine in an unrecoverable way :p The last system backup I did is weeks old, so for now I'm going to wait for the pack to stabilize and after I'm gonna restart. Until then.. :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Well I managed to accidentaly wipe out the whole minecraft folder of mine in an unrecoverable way :p The last system backup I did is weeks old, so for now I'm going to wait for the pack to stabilize and after I'm gonna restart. Until then.. :)
The pack is gonna recieve an update every 2 weeks to a month since i find that it has stabalized lol :p

haedri

Jul 29, 2019
There's something I don't understand, how can we get oil for the oil quest ?
I have tried the canister around bottle of natural gas recipe, but it doesn't seem to work

OnHiW0K.png

I think I got the recipe right (it's the same components/id as the one NEI shows), so what am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
There's something I don't understand, how can we get oil for the oil quest ?
I have tried the canister around bottle of natural gas recipe, but it doesn't seem to work

OnHiW0K.png

I think I got the recipe right (it's the same components/id as the one NEI shows), so what am I doing wrong ?
A derp on my end.... Thanks for reporting it.... Fix it by replacing your modtweaker.zs file found in blastoff/minecraft/scripts folder with the one below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_UjNxdkN4RXQ5N1U/view?usp=sharing

haedri

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I was just editing my message with the exact same modification (the :1001) :) it works fine now !

TrueDeviL

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I updated, the new 'Cider' is undrinkable, don't work, I have to stand 90% of the time next to the lava source or I get Hypothermia..

I understand it's suppose to be 'hard' but right now it's not worth my time & effort.. Not continuing the modpack :)

Oh, and massive FPS drop since last time too..

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I updated, the new 'Cider' is undrinkable, don't work, I have to stand 90% of the time next to the lava source or I get Hypothermia..

I understand it's suppose to be 'hard' but right now it's not worth my time & effort.. Not continuing the modpack :)

Oh, and massive FPS drop since last time too..
You need to be hungry to drink the cider.... and have bring a torch around..... have a lava bucket in your inv.... FPS drops? lower the render distance

TrueDeviL

Jul 29, 2019
You need to be hungry to drink the cider.... and have bring a torch around..... have a lava bucket in your inv.... FPS drops? lower the render distance

Cider: Is a drink not food, so that was a stupid idea.. And water no longer works..

Torches: 'and have bring a torch around' wtf does that mean?.. Did you just randomly string some English words together? There's a torch on the 2nd lvl of the pod, I stood on that, and got colder..

Carry Lava: Most people complain that the inventory isn't big enough already, which is why there are multiple backpack mods, so why should we have to carry even more crap around with us?.. Seems that's another silly idea..

FPS Issue: I shouldn't need to, the previous version I was using, was fine, I did add FastCraft to the modpack, to make it better, but even without it I was getting enough to play, this updated version is worse, unfortunatly, I have an AMD cpu, so I get crap FPS anyway, but this update made it even worse..

Nah, it's fine, I was enjoying the previous version, then you lot ruined it.. It's fine, I just won't bother playing it..

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I can see what you are trying to acheive. But I think balance is impossible when flaxbeard requires infinite water which breaks enviromine. Unless you go the tedious water route which is why I abandoned crash landing. The water balance in 1.1.18 was great if you abandon the steam power. In 1.1.19 I havent made it far yet but I expect to die and my early game actions have had to be very different with rushing stone this time. I think one of the conflicting mods needs to go or you need to give up on nerfing drinking water.
I dont think you intended to change early game tactics so much. Its a hardcore modpack and I dont feel right having to chicken out to avoid losing work. I'm tempted to go back to 1.1.18

Last edited:

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is gonna recieve an update every 2 weeks to a month since i find that it has stabalized lol :p
I meant balance changes + you added ravines, for which I'd have to travel far to generate new chunks. I'm sure you will make this pack great :)

Couple of notes:
I felt like the botania quests were a bit off. First the rewards were uninteresting. For example the reward for the mana generating flower quests are a mana pool and a mana spreader, which u need to craft in order to do the quest itself, so in the end they are a bit useless I think :) The other quests as far as I can tell gave only manasteel, which is not so speacial. What about giving for example a band of aura? It's an item, which passively and slowly recharges the manapool/band of mana in your inventory. It is an interesting addition, when you have botania armor. Maybe there could be a quest reward with terrasteel.

I don't recall having a quest for that flower, which generates botania flowers from mana, which would be an useful hint for beginners to the mod. Having that functional flower really helps the whole botania questing I think.

Maybe even make quests for the rods? Rod of the land/see for water/dirt generation (maybe).

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'll surely check this pack out again after finishing some school related stuff :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
@asiekierka

"Staring upon the wondrous invention that i have constructed "The FloodGate", I marveled at its ability to place liquids into the world without any help from me. Back in the bunker, I found a dusty old manual about the legendary striped pipes, rumors said that it had the ability to interact with blocks in a way no pipes could have ever interact. However the recipe was long faded away, the only things that I could make out was the shiny blue gear in the center and the black and yellow pipes on its four sides. Perhaps I could harness the world interaction abilities of "The FloodGate" and the faded away recipe to resurrect a long lost secret..."

IEpD0hS.png

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I meant balance changes + you added ravines, for which I'd have to travel far to generate new chunks. I'm sure you will make this pack great :)

Couple of notes:
I felt like the botania quests were a bit off. First the rewards were uninteresting. For example the reward for the mana generating flower quests are a mana pool and a mana spreader, which u need to craft in order to do the quest itself, so in the end they are a bit useless I think :) The other quests as far as I can tell gave only manasteel, which is not so speacial. What about giving for example a band of aura? It's an item, which passively and slowly recharges the manapool/band of mana in your inventory. It is an interesting addition, when you have botania armor. Maybe there could be a quest reward with terrasteel.

I don't recall having a quest for that flower, which generates botania flowers from mana, which would be an useful hint for beginners to the mod. Having that functional flower really helps the whole botania questing I think.

Maybe even make quests for the rods? Rod of the land/see for water/dirt generation (maybe).

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'll surely check this pack out again after finishing some school related stuff :)
I will work on Botania quests in the next update.. :3

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Cider: Is a drink not food, so that was a stupid idea.. And water no longer works..

Torches: 'and have bring a torch around' wtf does that mean?.. Did you just randomly string some English words together? There's a torch on the 2nd lvl of the pod, I stood on that, and got colder..

Carry Lava: Most people complain that the inventory isn't big enough already, which is why there are multiple backpack mods, so why should we have to carry even more crap around with us?.. Seems that's another silly idea..

FPS Issue: I shouldn't need to, the previous version I was using, was fine, I did add FastCraft to the modpack, to make it better, but even without it I was getting enough to play, this updated version is worse, unfortunatly, I have an AMD cpu, so I get crap FPS anyway, but this update made it even worse..

Nah, it's fine, I was enjoying the previous version, then you lot ruined it.. It's fine, I just won't bother playing it..
Torches burning out will be disabled in the next update, that was a new environmine feature that i forgot to disable, anyways i am glad that you had a good time with the pack previously...

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: the new ruined bases is pure evil. No spawners at the first floor but then you see on the map, there's tons of yellow dots. Broke one block to peek, didn't have time to screenshot it, and this blaze guardian? just came out of nowhere and started beating me to a pulp. Ran away before I died (would still respawn in base with sync) but that base was like nope. hmm, wonders if flooding it with water/lava/etching liquid would clear out that area.