[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a config or command to get rid of choke? I seem to have a permanent choke effect. It's not actually hurting me but the choke bubbles are overlayed on my hunger bar at all times. Also whatever mob gave me the choke effect is no longer in the world.

Hey nckheinrich. It is the dumbest of Infernal Mobs functions, as all you have to do is be in proximity of a mob with that ability, and then it doesn't matter if you walk 5 miles away from that mob, the chocking is still there. I disabled in on mine. Go to your Blast Off folder, then minecraft, then config, then open the InfernalMobs text file, and just below midpoint there is a line that says " B:"MM_Choke enabled"=true" change that to false, save and relaunch the game. This permanently solves the problem and removes the choke even if it's on you now.

Bix

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I'm having issues with the crucibles from Ex Nihilo. I'm able to smelt things like ores and whatnot to get the respectable ingots, however, I'm unable to smelt leaves or saplings. I read in the quest book that the crucible is able to melt leaves for water, but for some reason, I am unable to do so. I have even gone into creative in the mod and spawned in other crucibles to see if the one given in the quest is bugged, but still nothing. Is this a bug that I am suffering from, or is it a feature that was removed that I have not been informed of?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I'm having issues with the crucibles from Ex Nihilo. I'm able to smelt things like ores and whatnot to get the respectable ingots, however, I'm unable to smelt leaves or saplings. I read in the quest book that the crucible is able to melt leaves for water, but for some reason, I am unable to do so. I have even gone into creative in the mod and spawned in other crucibles to see if the one given in the quest is bugged, but still nothing. Is this a bug that I am suffering from, or is it a feature that was removed that I have not been informed of?

This was changed at some point. Water is created by using the kawaii-crop-mod frying pan with snow (and once it's smelted, put over a lava-sourceblock best, using empty bottles ot get water bottles). If the way with crucibles still stand in the questbook, that probably was missed to be changed.

Bix

Jul 29, 2019
This was changed at some point. Water is created by using the kawaii-crop-mod frying pan with snow (and once it's smelted, put over a lava-sourceblock best, using empty bottles ot get water bottles). If the way with crucibles still stand in the questbook, that probably was missed to be changed.
Thanks! Is there any way as it stands to create source blocks for use with buckets?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Is there any way as it stands to create source blocks for use with buckets?

If you mean for creation of water: None as far as I know.
So careful with using the waterbottles you get on a tank, since this will destroy the bottle. Use either a "Wooden Barrel -> Waterpipe -> Tank" setup (best would be the ender io pipes, the simple ones can be crafted using chisel to change normal glass into ender io glass) or using the liquid-hopper from pneumaticcraft.

I myself prefer the liquid-hopper, since it has a 16 bucket internal buffer and with some speed-upgrades (which can be expensive in the beginning) it's quiet fast emptying itself.

Bix

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean for creation of water: None as far as I know.
So careful with using the waterbottles you get on a tank, since this will destroy the bottle. Use either a "Wooden Barrel -> Waterpipe -> Tank" setup (best would be the ender io pipes, the simple ones can be crafted using chisel to change normal glass into ender io glass) or using the liquid-hopper from pneumaticcraft.

I myself prefer the liquid-hopper, since it has a 16 bucket internal buffer and with some speed-upgrades (which can be expensive in the beginning) it's quiet fast emptying itself.
Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks for your time!

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is no-one able to find meteors with resources that can be hammered? Three meteors have fallen near my base but they either have blocks called "Fallen Meteor" that when mined drop experience orbs, or they contain a mixture of snow and "Frezarite". This makes it impossible to obtain broken ores as stated by the quest book. Is this a problem or is it me being stupid?

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few tips for people that are commenting on having to carry so much food, make yourself a lunchbox, 6 iron ingots and it carries 6 types of food but only 2 of each. You can right click on it to eat it and it automatically selects the best food inside and feeds you that. It makes managing food so much easier. Also I recommend the slimy apple, monster jerky (the one cooked in the frypan) and apple sandwiches, they are all easy to make and fill you full of food and saturation with one item.

Another top tip is for a cheap and easy cobble gen... this will probably get nerfed in the next version now, but worth telling everyone as its such a handy little gizmo. The Striped pipe in buildcraft. If powered by a redstone engine it will pick up the block in front of it, so just point it at your usual cobble gen and you are away, pipe it into the compacting drawers and it can store incredible amounts of cobble as it auto-compresses up to double compressed for you.

I have enjoyed this pack a lot but its mostly the early game that's fun. The HQM seems to lead you quite well through the early game then suddenly there is this mammoth wall of progress that must overcome on your own to make the ingredients for the galgadorian metal. Then once you have that, it doesn't really help as you need 7 printed circuits just to make the 2nd machine, along with a bunch more galgadorian metal... I gave up at this point as progress was too slow. Grinding for grinding's sake isn't much fun. It seems a real shame as there is clearly so much more content to enjoy once you get to the galacticraft and other planets but I don't see myself crafting 100 galgadorian metal to get there, sorry.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few tips for people that are commenting on having to carry so much food, make yourself a lunchbox, 6 iron ingots and it carries 6 types of food but only 2 of each. You can right click on it to eat it and it automatically selects the best food inside and feeds you that. It makes managing food so much easier. Also I recommend the slimy apple, monster jerky (the one cooked in the frypan) and apple sandwiches, they are all easy to make and fill you full of food and saturation with one item.

Another top tip is for a cheap and easy cobble gen... this will probably get nerfed in the next version now, but worth telling everyone as its such a handy little gizmo. The Striped pipe in buildcraft. If powered by a redstone engine it will pick up the block in front of it, so just point it at your usual cobble gen and you are away, pipe it into the compacting drawers and it can store incredible amounts of cobble as it auto-compresses up to double compressed for you.

I have enjoyed this pack a lot but its mostly the early game that's fun. The HQM seems to lead you quite well through the early game then suddenly there is this mammoth wall of progress that must overcome on your own to make the ingredients for the galgadorian metal. Then once you have that, it doesn't really help as you need 7 printed circuits just to make the 2nd machine, along with a bunch more galgadorian metal... I gave up at this point as progress was too slow. Grinding for grinding's sake isn't much fun. It seems a real shame as there is clearly so much more content to enjoy once you get to the galacticraft and other planets but I don't see myself crafting 100 galgadorian metal to get there, sorry.

Hope that cobble gen version won't be nerfed. I haven't gotten to the galgodorian stuff yet but how much grinding are we supposed to do to get it? I think it was just added recently in dungeon loot in 1.1.16

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is no-one able to find meteors with resources that can be hammered? Three meteors have fallen near my base but they either have blocks called "Fallen Meteor" that when mined drop experience orbs, or they contain a mixture of snow and "Frezarite". This makes it impossible to obtain broken ores as stated by the quest book. Is this a problem or is it me being stupid?

The ores come from the spires. The only type of meteor that is special is the fresh "hot" meteors that you need to get there when they just land and are labeled as "burning hot". Those you can mine with a pick and get special drops that the "cooled" versions don't have. That is why you should crash the meteor utensils so you can actively go hunt meteor falls.

The use of the hammer is only explicit once you get fortune 3 or above on them where it is rumored to drop diamond and emerald at high yields.

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
The ores come from the spires. The only type of meteor that is special is the fresh "hot" meteors that you need to get there when they just land and are labeled as "burning hot". Those you can mine with a pick and get special drops that the "cooled" versions don't have. That is why you should crash the meteor utensils so you can actively go hunt meteor falls.

The use of the hammer is only explicit once you get fortune 3 or above on them where it is rumored to drop diamond and emerald at high yields.
Thanks, so I'm guessing the mention in the book is just a typo that needs to be fixed up.

Saelack

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, so I'm guessing the mention in the book is just a typo that needs to be fixed up.
No, the idea is that you are to use stone+ hammers on cooled meteors to get ores. It works (on most, I tend to find one or two per meteor site that refuses to be hammered, it gets the pick...). The issue that has been... shall we say, tweaked... is that without fortune, you get one, maybe two items if you get anything at all. As soon as you get fortune anything on a hammer, you get 5-8 items, per block. It ramped up WAY to fast - I am afraid it may have been nerfed a shade hard, from the reports however...

But the idea, it appears, is that you hammer cooled meteors to get your ores.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
No I smashed loads, it takes forever to break with an iron hammer and when it eventually does it doesn't give me anything.

I'm on 1.1.16 and I just smashed a ton of old hardened gravel and hardened limestone and each one gave me a stone pebble so you must be doing something wrong. Check the name and make sure you aren't breaking clay.

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
No, the idea is that you are to use stone+ hammers on cooled meteors to get ores. It works (on most, I tend to find one or two per meteor site that refuses to be hammered, it gets the pick...). The issue that has been... shall we say, tweaked... is that without fortune, you get one, maybe two items if you get anything at all. As soon as you get fortune anything on a hammer, you get 5-8 items, per block. It ramped up WAY to fast - I am afraid it may have been nerfed a shade hard, from the reports however...

But the idea, it appears, is that you hammer cooled meteors to get your ores.
I don't know what meteors your talking about then because I can't find any that can be hammered and give ores in return.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
They are black white grey dots labeled as "fallen meteor" they are everywhere. Meteors are either frezerite or these.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to actually save user inputs on the modpack?
For example with every update I have to change sounds, FOV, control sensitivity, enviromine bar settings, remap controls for all the mods work together, re-find and re-bookmark locations, reinstall pams craft, and change video settings, off the top of my head.

And since you update every day it seems, is there a way to just save these damn settings once and for all?
Always thought it was the "update config files" button, but that's never worked once since I've started this pack.