[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
1.3.1 doesn't show up in my Feed the Beast launcher. I already reinstalled the launcher deleting the files in AppData/Roaming...

Ryoken

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if I'm missing something here... I'm trying to finish up the Botania quests in the getting started questline, but I'm in need of manasteel to create the elemental runes. You get a block from making the altar, but that's only enough for 3 of the 4. How do you get the last 3? I know you can make manasteel from galgadorian ingots, but the recipe for galgadorian makes me think that's a lot more late-game-ish. Or rather, more late game than should be required for a "getting started" quest, especially when galgadorian hasn't been introduced yet.

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
1.3.1 doesn't show up in my Feed the Beast launcher. I already reinstalled the launcher deleting the files in AppData/Roaming...

FTB devs have to upload it and it usually takes a day or 2.

I wonder if I'm missing something here... I'm trying to finish up the Botania quests in the getting started questline, but I'm in need of manasteel to create the elemental runes. You get a block from making the altar, but that's only enough for 3 of the 4. How do you get the last 3? I know you can make manasteel from galgadorian ingots, but the recipe for galgadorian makes me think that's a lot more late-game-ish. Or rather, more late game than should be required for a "getting started" quest, especially when galgadorian hasn't been introduced yet.
You're not missing anything. I don't think all of the getting started quest is meant to be easy. You need Galgadorian ingots. Get into pneumaticcraft asap as it takes a lot less brass to make Galgadorian ingots.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions for @Xolan and @karmarcharger:

Xolan: How do you automate your blacksmiths assistants? I tried with hoppers, but in between the processing some items go through unworked.

Karmarcharger: How do you automate brass now exactly? With hopper and redstone? (and how do you get 1.3.1, is it in the launcher?)

Sorry for the late response, but I do it the same as a few others previously mentioned. The hopper puts items into it, then I have an emerald transport pipe filtered to the items I want to take out. I haven't had the problem of getting any wire though, not sure why. I also have a few liquid xp tanks under it connected to a full drum from my mob farm to make sure it keeps working! You can also enchant the hammer, with some obsidian and an ender io enchanter you can have unbreaking 3 to help make it last a little longer.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the late response, but I do it the same as a few others previously mentioned. The hopper puts items into it, then I have an emerald transport pipe filtered to the items I want to take out. I haven't had the problem of getting any wire though, not sure why. I also have a few liquid xp tanks under it connected to a full drum from my mob farm to make sure it keeps working! You can also enchant the hammer, with some obsidian and an ender io enchanter you can have unbreaking 3 to help make it last a little longer.

Already found a better alternative for bc pipes: enderIO item conduits. Better filter, no overflowing and quicker response time

EDIT: pro tip: use blockbreaker to break the AE2 meteors faster

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question into the round. I am currently working on the botania questline. I have to build my runic altar now. I either need an eye of galgador (to make the mana pearl infusion) or a mana diamond. Since the mana diamond is quite pricy, I chose to go for the eye. I basicly have everything I need, except for the mushrooms. I chose the red mushrooms as a quest reward, but the eye can only be crafted using brown mushrooms (basicly I am screwed now I guess).

Since I really have a bad feeling about decending into the nether to get more mushrooms, I wonder whether there would be another way to obtain the brown mushrooms. Am I missing something?
I go in the nether all the time, just stay away from the blazes and ghasts.

How do you get the book and quill? I dont have ANY feathers so it is impossible for me...
As was said above you can use the other recipes for books or you can do the Botania questline to get chickens and for some reason chickens seem to drop feathers all the time...?

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Already found a better alternative for bc pipes: enderIO item conduits. Better filter, no overflowing and quicker response time

EDIT: pro tip: use blockbreaker to break the AE2 meteors faster

Ah yeah I use the ender io conduits now. When I was starting off it wasn't an option... those machine frame chassis mats :/ I thought you meant for a starting setup.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I go in the nether all the time, just stay away from the blazes and ghasts.

As was said above you can use the other recipes for books or you can do the Botania questline to get chickens and for some reason chickens seem to drop feathers all the time...?
Botania actually makes them drop feathers, its called shedding in the config (pretty sure) it also makes blazes drop blaze powder and villagers drop emeralds, skeletons - bones, spiders - string...

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Botania actually makes them drop feathers, its called shedding in the config (pretty sure) it also makes blazes drop blaze powder and villagers drop emeralds, skeletons - bones, spiders - string...
THAT explains the random bones and string everywhere!!!

Blue_Dwarf

Jul 29, 2019
Getting 404'd when the pack tries to update through FTB Launcher. Is there a 1.3.2 version or was that just a mistake? (and the cause of the 404, presumably)

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of armor has better(or the best) defence point values than the steam exosuit? I would really like to have better armor for exploring dungeons than the exosuit because it only has the defence value of iron armor. But I really like the utilities it has so I want to have it for as long as possible.

-=Jonas=-

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of armor has better(or the best) defence point values than the steam exosuit? I would really like to have better armor for exploring dungeons than the exosuit because it only has the defence value of iron armor. But I really like the utilities it has so I want to have it for as long as possible.
Enchanted, with upgrades dark steel armor. (Fly,Jump,night vision...)
Diamond level protection
Or armor from Fallen meteors.

Last edited:

Xalephos

Jul 29, 2019
Hi first time poster here, long time player of Blast Off! first of all ... i love this modpack been playing it for a while now but today i went to play and the launcher tells me there's an update for 1.3.2 so i choose the options for backing up and click ok , then i get the download bar an istant later i get an error "Error While downloading Modpack" i also cannot download the server files it says there not on the server the 1.3.1 seems to download fine.

I have tried other modpacks and they seem to download ok.

is it just more or is everyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Xalephos

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hi first time poster here, long time player of Blast Off! first of all ... i love this modpack been playing it for a while now but today i went to play and the launcher tells me there's an update for 1.3.2 so i choose the options for backing up and click ok , then i get the download bar an istant later i get an error "Error While downloading Modpack" i also cannot download the server files it says there not on the server the 1.3.1 seems to download fine.

I have tried other modpacks and they seem to download ok.

is it just more or is everyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Xalephos
There isnt supposed to be 1.3.2.... 1.3.1 is the latest version.. 1.3.2 is a bug

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
Hey karma, i tried building a Salination Plant, but it's kinda worthless since it stays on negative temperature since we are on a Frozen Ocean biome, is there some way to make it work or can we go to another biome? (if there's more than one)