[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Have ore acquisition rates been streamlined in recent versions of this pack? I confess, I (reluctantly!) stopped playing because I found hammering meteors for hours on end to be too grindy... but I really do love this pack, so I keep coming back to see if that particular aspect has been changed!

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Have ore acquisition rates been streamlined in recent versions of this pack? I confess, I (reluctantly!) stopped playing because I found hammering meteors for hours on end to be too grindy... but I really do love this pack, so I keep coming back to see if that particular aspect has been changed!

Just install Veinminer and configure it to mine all blocks, after that you are good to go, it is helluva less grind now for me, just be careful where you use it... it can be really... devastating...

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Just install Veinminer and configure it to mine all blocks, after that you are good to go, it is helluva less grind now for me, just be careful where you use it... it can be really... devastating...

Or you can just make a drone that picks up hammer with some good enchants and let it mine for you? Make 2 streams of oreprocessing: 1 with just smelting the smashed ores from the meteors and 1 where you use silky pickaxe to mine the ores in the spires and use vat + mekanism for better processing... I have some good stuff right now, even an automatic AE system that can almost craft galgadorian stuff on its own (only have to add alumite, brass, osmium and refined hardener to the network)....

EDIT: the smashing ores manually isnt even a really big grind if you enchanted your hammer with ender IO enchanter....(fortune III, efficiency V and unbreaking III)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Ore acquisition is no issue, just use a fortune tool to mine it for the various ores and when you just need gold, iron, and steel just make a mob grinder.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
What are the best ways to farm that?

This is the kill room for the Gaia Guardian:
4Mdr4Quh.png

11x11 with the summoning platform in the center and Diamond Spikes towards the sides and the back of the room. Fans in the walls at the front and both sides. Summon the Guardian (needs an ingot crafted from Terra Steel and four Gaia spirits). He ports around a bit, but normally stays in melee range.

Get him down to 25-30%, that's when he starts to summon all the zombies, skellies and wither skeletons. You get advanced notice, because his health bar turns grey. Run out of the room and step on the pressure plate right behind the entrance. This activates the fans, all mobs get pushed towards the center back of the room and killed by the spikes. It takes around 20-30 secs, then his health bar turns red again. Run in and finish him off.

The Guardian drops dice, which you can turn into relics. Also Mana Steel, pearls and diamonds (means pretty much free Terra Steel ingots), enchants for the helmets and some other stuff. Especially useful is an item, that turns the completely annoying infernal Wither Boss into some pink wuss with normal health and no special abilities. Makes getting Nether Stars a lot easier.

The last couple kills I didn't even see the health go down anymore. Might have something to do with wearing gear like this. :)
Ee0yhZ3h.png

And I still need to kill him some more. Still missing a relic that supposedly can be used as food and he drops Overgrowth seeds, which double the efficiency of Botania flowers.

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
4Mdr4Quh.png

11x11 with the summoning platform in the center and Diamond Spikes towards the sides and the back of the room. Fans in the walls at the front and both sides. Summon the Guardian (needs an ingot crafted from Terra Steel and four Gaia spirits). He ports around a bit, but normally stays in melee range.

Get him down to 25-30%, that's when he starts to summon all the zombies, skellies and wither skeletons. You get advanced notice, because his health bar turns grey. Run out of the room and step on the pressure plate right behind the entrance. This activates the fans, all mobs get pushed towards the center back of the room and killed by the spikes. It takes around 20-30 secs, then his health bar turns red again. Run in and finish him off.

The Guardian drops dice, which you can turn into relics. Also Mana Steel, pearls and diamonds (means pretty much free Terra Steel ingots), enchants for the helmets and some other stuff. Especially useful is an item, that turns the completely annoying infernal Wither Boss into some pink wuss with normal health and no special abilities. Makes getting Nether Stars a lot easier.

The last couple kills I didn't even see the health go down anymore. Might have something to do with wearing gear like this. :)
Ee0yhZ3h.png

And I still need to kill him some more. Still missing a relic that supposedly can be used as food and he drops Overgrowth seeds, which double the efficiency of Botania flowers.
What wouldn't I give to spend 5 min in your world. Not a lot of utubers out there you have some really cool ideas and designs.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
4Mdr4Quh.png

Ee0yhZ3h.png

I thought the Guardian flies?

What wouldn't I give to spend 5 min in your world. Not a lot of utubers out there you have some really cool ideas and designs.
:'c
Hey no fair! :p

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I have watched all your videos fel. And got good ideas but a lot of utubers are out of date with the current blast off mechanics.
A lot of the old processes have changed drastically.
I always update to the current Blast Off version the problem is that my computer is broken and I am waiting for new parts in the mail... /:

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
I always update to the current Blast Off version the problem is that my computer is broken and I am waiting for new parts in the mail... /:
What I mean by out of date is so for most utubers have gone down one mod and move on to the next you can't do that anymore most guys seem to be stuck in the stone age. One guy finished the botanina quest before starting pneumaticraft not possible anymore. If you dungeon lots maybe but you need industry for a lot of it now.

Evil Greebo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really sorry about this - 406 pages of posts and I've really tried searching but I can't find an answer that helps me and so I'm going to post a question that I'm sure has been posted before.

I'm loving this pack - but I'm unfamiliar with many of the mods so I keep having to start over and progress at a snails pace. I'm now at wits end. I'm trying to make a copper pickaxe so that I can mine better ores.

Where I get stuck - I have the crucible as a quest reward, I harvest gravel and pound it to dust and make clay to get a casting table, faucet, etc. I can put stone in the crucible. It doesn't seem to take gold (already smelted into ingots if that matters). I'm familiar with TC, so I know about casting from the smeltery but using the crucible has me stuck.

I made an ingot mold from 2 bricks and I read that you have to use the mold with the ingot mold inside so I put the mold on the casting table, = but I cannot get the mold to open to accept the ingot mold, nor can I get the faucet to activate when I put the ingot mold by itself on the casting table.

So... what am I doing wrong? And how do I get the crucible to accept gold? Or do I have to grind out bricks (if I ever figure out how) to get a proper smelting machine going?

BTW - LOVING this challenge! Wish there were more youtube vids in the 1.3.3 map but ... oh well.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really sorry about this - 406 pages of posts and I've really tried searching but I can't find an answer that helps me and so I'm going to post a question that I'm sure has been posted before.

I'm loving this pack - but I'm unfamiliar with many of the mods so I keep having to start over and progress at a snails pace. I'm now at wits end. I'm trying to make a copper pickaxe so that I can mine better ores.

Where I get stuck - I have the crucible as a quest reward, I harvest gravel and pound it to dust and make clay to get a casting table, faucet, etc. I can put stone in the crucible. It doesn't seem to take gold (already smelted into ingots if that matters). I'm familiar with TC, so I know about casting from the smeltery but using the crucible has me stuck.

I made an ingot mold from 2 bricks and I read that you have to use the mold with the ingot mold inside so I put the mold on the casting table, = but I cannot get the mold to open to accept the ingot mold, nor can I get the faucet to activate when I put the ingot mold by itself on the casting table.

So... what am I doing wrong? And how do I get the crucible to accept gold? Or do I have to grind out bricks (if I ever figure out how) to get a proper smelting machine going?

BTW - LOVING this challenge! Wish there were more youtube vids in the 1.3.3 map but ... oh well.
I dont know which crucible you are using, but there are 2 kinds:

-Brown one from flaxbeards which you use to make brass

-Grey one which you use in combo with casting table from TiCo. You can use bricks as a form to make a gold ingot cast

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
What I mean by out of date is so for most utubers have gone down one mod and move on to the next you can't do that anymore most guys seem to be stuck in the stone age. One guy finished the botanina quest before starting pneumaticraft not possible anymore. If you dungeon lots maybe but you need industry for a lot of it now.
I don't think I did that?

I did a lot in Steve's Carts because I've never used that mod before...

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019

Use the exnilo crucible the white one. Attach the tc faucet to it the tc casting table below it. Put a clay brick or stone pick on it. Add gold to crucible. Either the broken ore form or craft 2 ore together to make hardened gold ore . Then pour on to mold as usual.

Blue_Dwarf

Jul 29, 2019
I keep crashing when I try to use the Machine Configurator from BuildCraft to make machines useful... (only way to set outputs)
Using version 1.3.0

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=F9U8hg08

Edit: Also, again, anyone got a good way to farm oreberry? I have a drone right clicking, but so far it's just been eating all my gold, and only dropping the copper.
Maybe I'll see if a pneumatic grate can blow them off the bush.

Last edited:

Evil Greebo

Jul 29, 2019
Use the exnilo crucible the white one. Attach the tc faucet to it the tc casting table below it. Put a clay brick or stone pick on it. Add gold to crucible. Either the broken ore form or craft 2 ore together to make hardened gold ore . Then pour on to mold as usual.
Ok it must be the broken ore - I did all the rest but I used already smelted gold.

I will try that as soon as I can. I must be an idiot for continuing to try to do this in HC mode while I'm learning the mods. If ONLY there were a way to stop hitting my head against the wall! ;)