[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Asurada11

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure there are no villagers on "Earth." :(

MCA is in the pack, but you need to go off planet to find them, and the galaxycraft stuff is deep in the tech tree.
actually tones of them in the nether,now my base is just filled with them

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone on here tried to make a cobble gen with flax beards steam works crushers?
I don't think it is possible. All I ever get is gravel.
Never mind figured it out
The crushers have two modes, break and crush, you change it by clicking on the crusher, should get a message about what mode it is in

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I would appreciate some suggestions :3
These are all my suggestions and opinions given to karmarcharger to help make this pack better, and I'm in no way trashing karmarcharger's work on this pack. My goal here was to give specific ideas for changes instead of just a bunch of complaints. I put it in spoiler tags for those who don't wish to read it, as it's rather long.

The main suggestion I would make is to go through the quest book and clean it up some. First, outline the importance/use of the rewards given for the quests, as well as what they are (for items that have tooltip enhancements like tools and weapons). Second, get some uniformity in the quest book sections. Either devote a page to each major mod or group mods together based on function (like food producing mods, etc). Thirdly, reorganize the order in which you work on the mods to better reflect the changes you have made to recipes (more on that later)
Here's my basic list of suggestions :
Getting started:
1. "Extra lives" (clarify robit purpose or how to use? why is it a reward here? what are derps?)
2. "Upgrade" (eggs? what are they?)
3. "Air quality" (two different lamps? What's the difference?)
4. The extra energy cells from "dungeons", "hydration" and generators from "upgrade". The base is filled with them, so why do we need these extras? The spacial drive is barely used so these things don't have a great need in the beginning. Maybe provide more spacial drives or throw in a simple ME chest system for starting storage?
5. "Melting snow" quest reward pretty much auto-completes polluted seas/gears of progress.
6. "Ingots!" You should explain that you have to combine two smashed gold ore to make a hardened ore. For a while I kept thinking I needed a silk touch pickaxe to get one.
7. The turbo axe optional reward from "Getting Wood!" is redundant when you have to complete the "Lumber Axe" quest, making the "stabby stabber" reward the only logical choice, provided you looked ahead through the questline. If you didn't and chose the axe, you lose out on the sword. This seems like the same type of trolling as the sugar cane seed quest reward.
8. Somewhere in the process of "Getting started" there should be some form of basic automated cobblestone generator made, and a quest should show the player which method to use to make one (there are so many possible ones!). It's a staple in most mod packs, and the fact that you have blocked it off until late game will alienate alot of players. Besides, I don't see anything in this pack that makes it OP to have one. (Ex Nihilo is disabled, so it's not like you can get free ore from it.)
9. Now that you changed the recipes for manasteel, I would take the botania section out of getting started and move it to where you would be using it, preferably it's own page, at least after the quest to make Galgador. Perhaps also make new quests explaining these new recipes, or people will be throwing iron into the pool and wondering why it's not working. The point here is, without manasteel, you can't really make anything in botania, making the mod useless to a new player. Therefore, the quests shouldn't be in getting started.

I do like that you added the instruction book to "brass alloy!"

Polluted Seas:
This section just seems odd to me. Half of it is fishing, and the other half buildcraft. I'd separate these two out and add more quests to fill in the gaps. Maybe even throw in some growthcraft quests in with the fishing section, since they are both food related (I think). Right now the only buildcraft quests you have in here are basically "how to make components", so some automation themed quests would be good here. Also, here are a few questions about the Polluted Seas quest line: why am I making this buildcraft stuff at this point in the modpack? What does mariculture add to this modpack? What should I be using it for?

Farming Steve Style:
Does steve's carts have a manual? I'm not sure. I know I have made a bunch of components that the quests require, but I haven't made a cart yet. I tried with the security system 2.0 quest, but when I put all those components in, it says I need an entity detector (and I have no clue which one in NEI I need). Perhaps have us make one in the quest? I got to the Galgador quest and looked at the requirements to make these. Then I looked around at all of the mods you have modified to use Galgador: Nodes and engines from extra utilities, steve's factory manager, mekanism, basically any mod that has automation in it. This nearly made me quit playing this pack.

Pressurization:
Everything here on out I have yet to attempt, so I have no feedback. The Galgador quest is where I've stopped currently, as I don't like PneumaticCraft much (been putting it off), and I'm bottlenecked from everything else because of this and the galgador requirements.

Reactions: DataReaver

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
cure a zombie villager, mine is named colton the librarian

I hope the cured villagers won't all be dudes, i'm going to want to breed them.

I very often forget vanilla mechanics are a thing. :oops:

Thanks for the reminder.

actually tones of them in the nether,now my base is just filled with them

I haven't seen any, I've spent a fair amount of time in there. Then again most of it has been hiding underground avoiding the demons that one-shot you from a mile away. Are there structures or something they are spawning in? Nether villages?

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I very often forget vanilla mechanics are a thing. :oops:

Thanks for the reminder.

I haven't seen any, I've spent a fair amount of time in there. Then again most of it has been hiding underground avoiding the demons that one-shot you from a mile away. Are there structures or something they are spawning in? Nether villages?
No they just spawn in dark areas. I found a man in the dungeon but he died after mysteriously being buried alive after he got into like -1000 hearts with me. Then I found a woman who just walked out of a dungeon (I thought she was a zombie at first) and now I have a family. I am looking for more villagers to have my kids marry. I suggest that after you get some villagers make a wall around your base and a village inside the base. It will cause guards to randomly spawn and kill the mobs and if you are king/queen then you can knight them and have them become sentries. You can also demand tribute as king/queen giving you useful gear. Also if you really hate someone as monarch you can behead them :)

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
So there seems to be some issues with the special AI mobs, most notably the zombies with the yellow charger hats can rush you unpredictably (through walls, up slopes etc.) making them seem to come out of nowhere. Now I usually wouldn't mind so much, but these guys seem to kill you from full hp to dead in a matter of seconds even with full armor on, god forbid there's more than one of them, or one that throws zombies along with this guy.

While I appreciate the increased difficulty, this particular one just feels a bit too cheap...

There's further issues with mobs now riding each other when they meet up, I don't really see the point of this particular move and most of the time they just end up mounted to a spider which, during daytime, is entirely passive, meaning there's now a zombie/creeper/skeleton stuck on a spider while I decorate them with feathers.

Might also be nice to give players some idea where to find other bunkers, the quest book often being vague or downright wrong doesn't help when it basically doesn't even tell you there are other bunkers like yours. For the longest time I was under the impression that I was supposed to find machines at the bottom of the roguelike dungeons, which led to some frustration when I finally got to the bottom of one...

Completely agree with everything you said.

Asurada11

Jul 29, 2019
For me they are just walking on the surface of the nether.
Get a jetpack dude

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I think I found the reason cobblegen was made so hard. Check out the EnderIO Farming Station recipe.

For me they are just walking on the surface of the nether.
Get a jetpack dude

I only just got to the point where I could feasibly craft a jetpack and fuel it.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I think I found the reason cobblegen was made so hard. Check out the EnderIO Farming Station recipe.
perhaps but it still requires alot of galgador bars, and it's not like you can't make a farm with steve's carts. I really don't see that as a legitimate reason.

Balekin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else hate the new way water works? Is there any way to disable the stupid camel packs and add back in the ability to drink normal bottles of water?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else hate the new way water works? Is there any way to disable the stupid camel packs and add back in the ability to drink normal bottles of water?
the whole point is to make thirst a factor. with infinite water source blocks, drinking normal bottles of water is no challenge.

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
I would appreciate some suggestions :3

My thoughts on the flax beards steam works quest chain.

1. Move the Esteemed Innovations book from Brass Alloy quest to the Bone Tools quest. The player may have an easier time with Brass Alloy quest.

2. If possible change the layout of the Brass Alloy quest so the first detection task is the Mold, Crucible, and Carving table. The second detection task to make the ingot mold using a carving table. Make the third detection task the making of the Brass Ingots. Also change the text for the Brass Ingots detection task to the following " Brass is made up of Copper and zinc at a 3:1 ratio and can be created mixing crushed ore in a crucible. Hint: Use the Q key to drop the items into to Crucible and a empty hand to pour it into the mold."

3. Gilded Iron! I don't see the point of this quest. Weapons, Armor, tools? However the reward is nice but useless and incomplete until later down the quest chain.

4. Steam Power This quest seems to be in the right place and the rewards good. However I suggest that you move the Pipe Wrench to this quest from the steam saw or create a quest called Pressure Control and have the player make the following items, a Valve, a Rupture Disc, a Pressure Gauge and a Steam Whistle with the Pipe Wrench as a reward.

5. Steam Furnaces? Ok this quest is good were its is and it has a nice reward. You might want to toss some steamed food in as a reward to give the player a hint at its uses.

6. Brass Fans Ok I get it, is a requirement for brass suckers. But you might want to add a quest show what you want them to be used for.

7. Brass suckers! Cool Quest. As for the reward the Block of Brass is Ok. But how about giving the player an apple core to hint at what they could be used for.

8. Smash Smash! Cool Quest. Piston reward is nice, it allows you to make 4 more Rock Smashers. I do recommend that you add a cobblestone quest after this one to hint that you want the player use it for a cobblestone generator. A gravel and sand quest might also be nice.

9. Steam filler Cool Quest. The player can finally make use of the rewards in Gilded iron. That is if player wants to make the Exosuit parts and required tech. As for the reward the Block of Brass is Ok. You may want to encourage the player towards Exosuit with some more quests.

10. Steam Saw I consider this a Troll quest. The player is most likely going some other tree harvesting tool at this point to fuel the boilers. The wrench comes to late in the quest chain to be any use. Most likely the player has made the wrench already to make adjustments to, pipes, valves, fans, vacuums and rock smashers. Plus the speed of the steam axe is slow even when charged and spinning. I will keep using my lumber axe.

11. Steam Shovel I consider this a Troll quest. The speed of the steam shovel is slow even when charged and spinning. I also don't see much use for the tool. Its Cheaper to just make the spyglass if the player wants it.

12. Steam pickaxe I consider this a Troll quest. The speed of the steam pickaxe is slow even when charged and spinning. However this tool maybe necessary now since you no longer give the obsidian pickaxe head to the player in the adventuring quest. I am unsure of what has changed in tinker construct tool progression. But I hope the player can mine iron with the bronze pickaxe.

Last edited:

exochris

Jul 29, 2019

1. Move the Esteemed Innovations book from Brass Alloy quest to the Bone Tools quest. The player may have an easier time with Brass Alloy quest.

2. If possible change the layout of the Brass Alloy quest so the first detection task is the Mold, Crucible, and Carving table. The second detection task to make the ingot mold using a carving table. Make the third detection task the making of the Brass Ingots. Also change the text for the Brass Ingots detection task to the following " Brass is made up of Copper and zinc at a 3:1 ratio and can be created mixing crushed ore in a crucible. Hint: Use the Q key to drop the items into to Crucible and a empty hand to pour it into the mold."

3. Gilded Iron! I don't see the point of this quest. Weapons, Armor, tools? However the reward is nice but useless and incomplete until later down the quest chain.

4. Steam Power This quest seems to be in the right place and the rewards good. However I suggest that you move the Pipe Wrench to this quest from the steam saw or create a quest called Pressure Control and have the player make the following items, a Valve, a Rupture Disc, a Pressure Gauge and a Steam Whistle with the Pipe Wrench as a reward.

5. Steam Furnaces? Ok this quest is good were its is and it has a nice reward. You might want to toss some steamed food in as a reward to give the player a hint at its uses.

6. Brass Fans Ok I get it, is a requirement for brass suckers. But you might want to add a quest show what you want them to be used for.

7. Brass suckers! Cool Quest. As for the reward the Block of Brass is Ok. But how about giving the player an apple core to hint at what they could be used for.

8. Smash Smash! Cool Quest. Piston reward is nice, it allows you to make 4 more Rock Smashers. I do recommend that you add a cobblestone quest after this one to hint that you want the player use it for a cobblestone generator.

9. Steam filler Cool Quest. The player can finally make use of the rewards in Gilded iron. That is if player wants to make the Exosuit parts and required tech. As for the reward the Block of Brass is Ok. You may want to encourage the player towards Exosuit with some more quests.

10. Steam Saw I consider this a Troll quest. The player is most likely going some other tree harvesting tool at this point to fuel the boilers. The wrench comes to late in the quest chain to be any use. Most likely the player has made the wrench already to make adjustments to, pipes, valves, fans, vacuums and rock smashers. Plus the speed of the steam axe is slow even when charged and spinning. I will keep using my lumber axe.

11. Steam Shovel I consider this a Troll quest. The speed of the steam shovel is slow even when charged and spinning. I also don't see much use for the tool. Its Cheaper to just make the spyglass if the player wants it.

12. Steam pickaxe I consider this a Troll quest. The speed of the steam pickaxe is slow even when charged and spinning. However this tool maybe necessary now since you no longer give the obsidian pickaxe head to the player in the adventuring quest. I am unsure of what has changed in tinker construct tool progression. But I hope the player can mine iron with the bronze pickaxe.
What is said by Oomi here is all rather accurate. I personally didn't see the point in steam, as I saw all the quests and rewards when GenerikB did them and wasn't interested. Nearly 50 hours of gameplay later and I only just dived into it because I wanted an auto cobble gen. Using 2 boilers and the smashers I'm getting roughly a stack of cobble every 5mins, which I count as pretty good. I haven't touched anything from flaxbeards that I haven't needed to and am probably not going to. The only thing I may consider are the furnace heaters, but even then I'm still a lil undecided

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019

8. Smash Smash! Cool Quest. Piston reward is nice, it allows you to make 4 more Rock Smashers. I do recommend that you add a cobblestone quest after this one to hint that you want the player use it for a cobblestone generator.

Those are all great additions to the post I made earlier. You even answered some of my questions too. (I had no clue the rocks mashers were for a cobblegen or about steamed food?) I agree with all the points you made here.

Reactions: Crittenden2

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
This is my cobble gen set up :D two boilers, smashers, Archimedes screws, an infinite water source, a hopper and a chest or two and tada you have cobble gen! I added the sound muffler as it get really noisy and I can hear it like 30 blocks away which becomes extremely annoying.

rJE74cf.png

Reactions: Catfather12

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Those are all great additions to the post I made earlier. You even answered some of my questions too. (I had no clue the rocks mashers were for a cobblegen or about steamed food?) I agree with all the points you made here.
This is my cobble gen set up :D two boilers, smashers, Archimedes screws, an infinite water source, a hopper and a chest or two and tada you have cobble gen! I added the sound muffler as it get really noisy and I can hear it like 30 blocks away which becomes extremely annoying.

rJE74cf.png
You can also uses rock smashers for gravel and sand generation.

Reactions: dvMetamorph

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
Quick search yielding nothing, and I didn't see the options under controls.

How do I check light lvls now that F7 is remapped under the current version to streaming content?

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just take an excavator down to the gravel layer and go to town and then come back up with an inventory full of gravel which took less than 5 minutes. Enough to last me days in real time. Maybe I'm missing something because I've yet to need cobblestone in large amounts so I'm not really sure why people are making automated cobble generators, but maybe I'll discover why soon enough.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just take an excavator down to the gravel layer and go to town and then come back up with an inventory full of gravel which took less than 5 minutes. Enough to last me days in real time. Maybe I'm missing something because I've yet to need cobblestone in large amounts so I'm not really sure why people are making automated cobble generators, but maybe I'll discover why soon enough.
I just used 16200 cobblestone (200 double compressed) to make hardeners :3

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
So... part of my bunker has, for no reason I can figure, been taken over by a mineshaft. It's running right down the back of the bunker opposite where the small dimensional storage area is. Got lucky and had put my Sync clone beyond where it appeared, but still, suddenly mineshaft! I'm confused.