Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
it's a private video
What... it shouldnt be... well it should be unlisted but not private....

All fixed

also dont laugh at my goddamn dutch/english accent xD

358a682319.png

I couldnt stand it anymore had to do something about the ugly beast its now fixed to a beautiful beast.
Still have to set up the sugar cane farm again tho...

Last edited:

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
If you can build this in AE2, I'll be impressed.
That can be done slightly different but this guy did it right
Here's one way to get a ton of drives into a single bank.

LhLXxnQ.png

Each slice of 8 drives in the bank will route to its corresponding P2P tunnel on the bottom. Note I've separated them with cable anchors to avoid any funny business. Same with cable anchors on top of the dense cable to prevent a drive connection.

Since all the tunnels connect directly to the controller and are equal to a length 1 hop, the channels will never route sideways through the machines. The drives will act a bit weird until you get all the tunnels configured with your memory card. For every 32 drives, you'll need one P2P tunnel on the controller. So each controller tunnel is mapping to 4 drive tunnels.

I could extend the length of that bank up to 32 slices before maxing out the dense cable carrying all the tunnel channels, though I would need to reconfigured the controller so that the controller-facing tunnels aren't sharing channels with the dense cable, and to be able to fit more tunnels on the faces. Then I could pop a cable anchor on the end and start a new dense cable line and extend it further still. The only requirement is that every connected machine in a bank must eventually come back to the same controller. No subnetting halfway through. Now while I setup cabling for 2 banks in that image, they don't have to share a controller. I could put each bank on its own subnet, and connect that back to a central controller.

If you want to turn your controller into an aesthetic focal point, this is my favorite design:

pCOnJxQ.png

The only caveat is the dense cables only have 24 channels left to play with.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Am I the only one who puts his P2p's on their own subnet? I find it makes the wiring easier to manage if all P2P is coming from one central source and then I'm sure that I'm not hooking into the wrong network. I tend to live near oceans, so having lots of black cable isn't much problem.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Nowadays, I'm playing in my new and better 1.7.1 custom modpack, inspired by FTB and espeically Reika's mods. It took a ton of convincing to leave my old MC life behind, but I would wager that it was totally worth it. I couldn't just let my old world which I had spend so much time and had so much fun in simply disappear. So, I wanted to share it :)

http://imgur.com/a/ChrRl

Reactions: Desman and netmc

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very nice place. One of the most useful blocks for having lots of clay is actually the MFR sludge boiler. Poisons you but it'll give you a lot of clay.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
A few more pictures of my underground base, still a WIP.

Updated my workshop into something resembling a laboratory.
wSHJv7I.png

Im being careful about cable placement otherwise I might run out of channels. Its fun. I plan to go all-out with AE this time round, and teach it how to make just about everything.
VgwgKai.png

Using my own custom recipes for processors, all steps have been automated.
257fWqr.png

Prr9qGw.png

Played around with Botania for a while.
IeXNK4f.png

Mana generation courtesy of coal-fed endoflames and thermalillies one layer beneath. Its literally impossible to make mana farms look cool, I tried. So I just hid it behind the wall.
ac2kEUD.png

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Heres another update on my base. First an overview of the main hall which has changed a bit from last time. Angled the pics so you can see where each room is located. I know its a bit weird that each room is so different but I like the variety. So far this is the least laggy build Ive ever done. Living underground allows me the option to turn the view distance way down. I cant figure out a good way to do doors in here though. I dont like trying to squeeze through single doors and double doors are out of the question because symmetry. Advanced drawbridges crash my game as does Malis's doors.

V7QusD3.png

CE7guOB.png

L5EackJ.png

And I think Ive finalized the laboratory design. Slightly inspired by Battlestar Galactica. I am not 100 percent satisfied with it but its almost as good as Direwolf20's builds. Almost. Anyway, its a bit empty atm but that will change. Oh, the left window is where the lasers reside-needful for AE2 processors thanks to my recipe tweaks (enscribers suck) and I think the right will be for a mainframe-like collection of ME drives.

cqJ7U8t.png

YAtTDf8.png

Feedback is much appreciated. :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Heres another update on my base. First an overview of the main hall which has changed a bit from last time. Angled the pics so you can see where each room is located. I know its a bit weird that each room is so different but I like the variety. So far this is the least laggy build Ive ever done. Living underground allows me the option to turn the view distance way down. I cant figure out a good way to do doors in here though. I dont like trying to squeeze through single doors and double doors are out of the question because symmetry. Advanced drawbridges crash my game as does Malis's doors.

V7QusD3.png

CE7guOB.png

L5EackJ.png

And I think Ive finalized the laboratory design. Slightly inspired by Battlestar Galactica. I am not 100 percent satisfied with it but its almost as good as Direwolf20's builds. Almost. Anyway, its a bit empty atm but that will change. Oh, the left window is where the lasers reside-needful for AE2 processors thanks to my recipe tweaks (enscribers suck) and I think the right will be for a mainframe-like collection of ME drives.

cqJ7U8t.png

YAtTDf8.png

Feedback is much appreciated. :)
Really love the Marble, Checkered floors and red carpets! More of the red heraldry banners(I guess that is what they are) would look awesome.
You could do some doors with sticky pistons, but they would not be larger than 2 blocks on the narrowest side.(Or you can make large gates with sticky pistons, but it is slow and cumbersome). But you could dress it up with Microblocks to make it look like it is intended that only part of the doorway opens up. Like when a large gate have smaller doors in them to ease entry.
Or you could possible change the large doorways into multiple smaller doorways. Would go nicely with the whole style in the main staircase area. Makes me think a bit of the Halamshiral castle in DA Inquisition with the large narrow doorways.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Really love the Marble, Checkered floors and red carpets! More of the red heraldry banners(I guess that is what they are) would look awesome.
You could do some doors with sticky pistons, but they would not be larger than 2 blocks on the narrowest side.(Or you can make large gates with sticky pistons, but it is slow and cumbersome). But you could dress it up with Microblocks to make it look like it is intended that only part of the doorway opens up. Like when a large gate have smaller doors in them to ease entry.
Or you could possible change the large doorways into multiple smaller doorways. Would go nicely with the whole style in the main staircase area. Makes me think a bit of the Halamshiral castle in DA Inquisition with the large narrow doorways.

Thanks rhn. Some good advice there. Looks like my version of Tinkers mechworks is outdated so I will try drawbridges one more time. I looked up pics of Halamshiral castle and it does look a lot like that. Oh and the banners are a new item from Thaumcraft. The red ones are found in the world "crimson cult banner" and the others can be made in any color and marked with any essentia symbol. Its a great idea.

I love the recipe changes. Frankly I think even Logisitics Pipes would have trouble automating enscribers.

Not to toot my own horn but yes my recipes are pretty awesome. Enscribers have only one use and that annoys me. My recipes require lasers, induction smelters, magma crucibles and fluid transposers. And the processors are twice as expensive to boot. And I dont need to hunt for meteors.