Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
@VoidRaider: Depends on the mod pack. If you've got MFFS or Funky Locomotion, rigging it up to move the jars into place at the touch of a button/player entering range is an awesome looking thing.

VoidRaider

Jul 29, 2019
@KingTriaxx well I am playing my custom modpack? With like 200+ mods so I do have those mods installed. But that's the function. I need ideas for the actual building itself. :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. In that case, I've done three of them myself. The first was a stone stump set into the base of a hill, with a glass outer wall. The interior was only 4x8 or so, and thus it was sufficient for TC2, but not for the later versions.

Then I did what was intended to be a huge Quarried Stone tower on a hill, but looked more like a box. Of course it was supported on one end, and had a cow and reed farm at the base. And the walls were mostly clear glass, as were the floors. Very cool looking, but also a little unsuited for infusions.

The third one was a weird geometric thing with microblocks making up the walls, and ceiling, which looked kind of neat, but also really weird somehow. That had a water feature on top, but I was never entirely satisfied with it.

My suggestion is to find an ocean and build yourself an enormous tower sticking out of the seabed. Big and black and asymmetrical, with the cauldron and infusion sticking out on upper pillars hanging off the side of the central tower. Perhaps accessible through EnderIO Travel Anchors painted to look like Arcane Levitators or some other Thaumcraft block if that won't work. Make your tower door less so you have to be a magic-user to get around.

If you make it large enough, and you can do other mods or at least have room for their toys in it. Thaumcraft tools to fight Witchery Demons in the basement perhaps. If you've got the skill and time, you might build a 'Tablet of Summoning' and build a computer craft control so you can use Blood Magic Teleposers to summon just the essentia you need for your infusions.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny base update - Mana generation and gourmaryllis setup using automagy, hopperducts and thaumcraft.

I thought it would be cool to just have mirrors dumping the items to the gourmaryllis to eat. I thought about the open crates, but I couldn't couldn't think of a good way to stick them out in the room. The generating flowers are in the main room with the portal to alfheim, with all the mana operations neatly tucked away underneath.

2015-02-16_22.40.16.png 2015-02-21_09.23.00.png

Hopperducts' ducts react to redstone the same way that vanilla hoppers do. I needed the extra duct in order to still collect items from the main duct line even when the feed to the open crate was disabled. The upgraded hourglass from automagy is configured for a negative pulse. Each timer is specifically configured for the different food items. Each mirror is linked to the one in the room above.

I used the dense and dim redcrystals from automagy as an isolator. The output from the hourglass is normally at level 15. The dim crystal drops it to 13. (Any level will work to deactivate the ducts.) As the mana pool fills, the comparator will increase its output. When the mana pool is nearly filled (14), the dense redcrystal will allow the signal to traverse and disable both the hopper duct and the hourglass as the same time. This way, I won't have animated timers running in the world when not needed, and it cuts off the flow of items to the gourmaryllis. Once the hopper fills up with 5 stacks of items, the excess will continue down the main line to the disposal (currently my alchemical furnace). Once the level in the mana pool decreases, the system automatically comes back on. The lever in the picture was just there for testing.

2015-02-21_09.32.33.png 2015-02-21_09.32.52.png

Reactions: Tianyulong

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey does anyone know if sliverwoods grow undercover? And how long do they usually tale to grow?
As long as there is adequate lighting and clearance it should be fine. You can use the Hoe of Growth to grow it instantly.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have checked this thread out for ages it seems and i think i've finally got enough courage to show off my base, however, whats the best way to do it? i've created an imgur album if that helps. Total of 36 images so i didn't want to just plop everything down in a spoiler. Advice?

http://imgur.com/a/FZd6m/all

What kind of bricks are that?
They are awesome and just what I am looking for. I hope they dont just look awesome due to the resource pack...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... good question since he as multiple :p

The ones on the wall!

I did a little research on the texture pack and it seems to be the Extra Utilities ones. Sadly, without Soartex they dont have the 'different' colours for the bricks. I might have to 'hack' my Faithfull resource pack...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

The ones on the wall!

I did a little research on the texture pack and it seems to be the Extra Utilities ones. Sadly, without Soartex they dont have the 'different' colours for the bricks. I might have to 'hack' my Faithfull resource pack...

Dude its the Sphax texture pack.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

The ones on the wall!

If it is these bricks you mean:
suNAX2P.png

Then it is Project Red "Basalt Bricks" (Former RP2 "Basalt Bricks") with Soartex Fanver.