Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Hi, I am new to this forum. I only signed up to show you the base my brother and me have built. :)

This is our first settlement. We started exploring the world and building our mainbase from here. Machines, storage and everything we need for crafting is placed in a little basement under the building with the IC2 Solar Panels.
That's it. I hope you like what my brother and me have built.
Sorry for the long post. I'd be glad to get some reviews and/or comments.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year! :)

Streichkäse
First of, aren't you a member of nanotekkit server community? Maybe its just my imagination but i see some very similar themed builds. (which is a good thing)

Feedback
Positive:
+ Machine casing is great aesthetic addition. I wish more builders use it.
+ Scale of rooms is huge. As evil villain i approve what i see here...
+ Do i see roof frame-entrance on top floor ceiling ?! Will it open?
+ Entrance and main hall are magnificent. Microblocks details everywhere!
+ Very nice use of floor templates. I am in love with some of them...
+ Are you up for hiring? I can use builders like you...

Negative:
- Your molecular assembly chamber has too fancy(colorful) cables for my taste... (but man it look amazing!)
- Too much stone-bricks in same places. I mean yes it does fit castle theme but common after 3years of seeing it on all builds...
even in underground base, i am getting sick of it. Dont make it new coublestone.
- Is there no nuclear control mod in your modpack? (wtf are vanilla signs?!!?)
- You have to post more screens!
- And last this(joke):
iReEfix9oJYM2.jpg

If this is just a test server... what is planned there(apart from that reactor)? I see something like underground harbor on left? Also you know you will be unable to copy/paste microblocks to your normal build right? Why to bother with so much work on test server?

More! More! More! More!

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am new to this forum. I only signed up to show you the base my brother and me have built. :)

This is our first settlement. We started exploring the world and building our mainbase from here. Machines, storage and everything we need for crafting is placed in a little basement under the building with the IC2 Solar Panels.
VTcLGPB.jpg

In this picture you can see the mountain, on / in which our main base will be built.
BziuEhe.png

The main entrance. Yes, I love microblocks! :p
TWwmTcu.png

After passing through the gate, you reach the entrance hall.
ccilYVb.png

View of the open gate from the inside with signal lamps (green = opened; red = closed).
a4hLRSH.png

The first (top) level. Currently, there are two other, deeper levels. There are no other halls however.
xWC6tcx.png

The storage room. Every chest is linked to an AE-System and an old-school Redpower 2 sorting system (yes, this is FTB Ultimate).
xUX2hBk.png
D9MTyip.png

Our computer room with a 5x5 ME Molecular Assembler Chamber covered with microblocks and some fancy lighting. :D
7VDtJlh.png

"Some" ME Drives with(out) ME Storage for extra item storage. 40 silver chests are not enough. :(
ij6ZWFX.png

I do not like FTB's style of machines. So I am building my own. Two GT Industrial Blast Furnaces in the middle and two IC2 Induction Furnaces on the left and right side.
r3qrq81.png
GfuytLV.png

Map of the first level.
hJbKUsb.png

View of the second level upwards. You can see the railings of the first level.
x0SXtjU.png

Last but not least, a prototype of the planed nuclear reactor. This has been built only on a test server to trial and error.
MlcLirl.png
kCz9FEa.jpg

That's it. I hope you like what my brother and me have built.
Sorry for the long post. I'd be glad to get some reviews and/or comments.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year! :)

Streichkäse
Awesome build. It gives me the nostalgic feel back from ultimate, which brings fuzzy feeling to me. Gee, I miss those days.

Reactions: null123

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe he meant they're testing the internal power generating bit, rather than the exterior construction. The one that makes it explode, to make sure it won't.

Streichkäse

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! Thank you for your feedback! :)

KingTriaxx said:
That's pretty awesome. How long have you been you working on it?
I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say one to two weeks ingame (200-300 h).
masterzh said:
First of, aren't you a member of nanotekkit server community? Maybe its just my imagination but i see some very similar themed builds. (which is a good thing)
No, this is my first forum post in my life. :D And I have never seen this building style before.
masterzh said:
+ Do i see roof frame-entrance on top floor ceiling ?! Will it open?
Yes, of course. If you can see a frame pattern in this base, it is movable. Here you go! :)
SaZDq2D.png
masterzh said:
- Is there no nuclear control mod in your modpack?
Nuclear Control is installed. There is a button in the nuclear control room to activate an alarm system with signals and sirens.
NxhzOgD.png
KingTriaxx said:
I believe he meant they're testing the internal power generating bit, rather than the exterior construction. The one that makes it explode, to make sure it won't.
We are testing the looks, power generation and all the redstone mechanics. There is quite a bit. All the closable doors, gates and movable bridges... In addition, the movable structures react to certain conditions. For example closes the reactor shell and the bridge retracts when the reactor is started, the shield goes up as soon as a certain temperature is reached, etc .. For detailed information I have to ask my brother. He built all the redstone stuff.
kLz0dR4.png
vrcJMnZ.png
bFKJUKT.png
VufdcHl.png
CarbonBaseGhost said:
Awesome build. It gives me the nostalgic feel back from ultimate, which brings fuzzy feeling to me. Gee, I miss those days.
I am glad you like it. :)
masterzh said:
If this is just a test server... what is planned there(apart from that reactor)? I see something like underground harbor on left? Also you know you will be unable to copy/paste microblocks to your normal build right? Why to bother with so much work on test server?
The water is just for decoration. And all you can see on this picture is the nuclear reactor hall.
We planned a lot. There will be a huge hall with (at least) four 36 HP RC Boilers producing steam for (at least) eight RC Steamturbines generating EU and eight maximum sized RC Iron Tanks for oil and fuel.
f1MKy5u.png
For this, we also need a refinery.
02ebMOe.png
In addition, there are a railway station, a living room, some sort of a panic room (a bunker in a fortress :D) and farms to be built. Oh...and a GT Fusion Reactor..... this is going to be huge!
I am sure that there will be more.
masterzh said:
- And last this(joke):
iReEfix9oJYM2.jpg
Well... who does not want to have a smiling nuclear reactor? Producing energy full of joy.^^

BTW: My inspirations come largely from Warhammer 40k, Star Wars and The Hobbit

Streichkäse

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Wow! Thank you for your feedback! :)
BTW: My inspirations come largely from Warhammer 40k, Star Wars and The Hobbit
Streichkäse
Woow! That control room is looking great. I love how the outside walls create shielding. I guess your server is not public.
Wait what?! Hobbit?!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
I´ll make a video when i get home...(todolist)
I've been wanting to try how recording + will react.. Im going to go on a hunch but i think my pc wont like it xD

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Made a bit more progress on my underground base, figured I'd show some pics.

Heres a shot of the exterior. Im planning on growing everything indoors but for now I just use this area, I have a small arcane lamp/golem farm set up growing some magical crops. It used to be a swamp biome but I changed it to magical forest for the grass color.
Lf2JUaR.png

Thaumcraft room:
ePONNZn.png

V6qm1wo.png

PL5YgqS.png

The Hungry node I've been feeding:
79TJASU.png

This is exactly how many heads it takes to fully stabilize my altar:
EZjGlVO.png

Heres my Tinkers Construct room, it needs some more work I think.
sZ1uFGv.png

zzV6i6m.png

And finally the workshop which is completely unfinished and mostly designed for function.
aBNiLp6.png

eY1PswR.png

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Made a bit more progress on my underground base, figured I'd show some pics.

Heres a shot of the exterior. Im planning on growing everything indoors but for now I just use this area, I have a small arcane lamp/golem farm set up growing some magical crops. It used to be a swamp biome but I changed it to magical forest for the grass color.
Lf2JUaR.png

Thaumcraft room:
ePONNZn.png

V6qm1wo.png

PL5YgqS.png

The Hungry node I've been feeding:
79TJASU.png

This is exactly how many heads it takes to fully stabilize my altar:
EZjGlVO.png

Heres my Tinkers Construct room, it needs some more work I think.
sZ1uFGv.png

zzV6i6m.png

And finally the workshop which is completely unfinished and mostly designed for function.
aBNiLp6.png

eY1PswR.png
That is one of the most awesome thaumcraft rooms I have ever seen. Well done sir.