Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

TheDrizzle-0

Jul 29, 2019
You are using magical crops but you want your farm to be magic-free.

I used magical crops in the beginning, but only corn, tomatoes, etc I never got into the whole essence stuff since the only way to harvest corn and things seem to only be by thaumcraft golems. In the later pictures I'm basically only harvesting vanilla crops and growthcraft crops[DOUBLEPOST=1411479204][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you've thaumcraft, I'd go with arcane lamps hidden underground, or above ground if you like the way they look
they can light up quite a large area pretty well

I might do that but I'm trying to keep it magic free

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well that seems a bit silly to me. Thaumcraft is more technical than many of the so called tech mods and thats a fact. And its got some of the best looking models and items in the game, period. If golems were called robots then people wouldnt have a problem with them.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Well that seems a bit silly to me. Thaumcraft is more technical than many of the so called tech mods and thats a fact. And its got some of the best looking models and items in the game, period. If golems were called robots then people wouldnt have a problem with them.
Lol I just realized your right, if golems were called robots I would always use them. :p, well there would atleast need to be a charging system.

TheDrizzle-0

Jul 29, 2019

I guess so, I guess what I should've said is I don't want to automate my farm to much. I want it to run kind of like a real world farm, if there was a mod that added like tractors and stuff to harvest crops I would totally use that instead of Multifarms. I will use golems eventually, just not on the farm.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I guess so, I guess what I should've said is I don't want to automate my farm to much. I want it to run kind of like a real world farm, if there was a mod that added like tractors and stuff to harvest crops I would totally use that instead of Multifarms. I will use golems eventually, just not on the farm.
What about Steve's carts

Reactions: pizzawolf14

TheDrizzle-0

Jul 29, 2019
What about Steve's carts
I've never messed with Steve carts or railcraft. I have always thought a rail system leading to different parts of the farm would be a neat way of getting around, because walking everywhere is kind of tedious. I also was thinking of shipping cattle using one of the cart mods to a slaughter house and setting up a butcher shop, instead of me doing all the slaughtering for meat

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
One option would be to add PneumaticCraft and use it's drones. They can harvest just about anything it seems. Plus it's very technologically cool.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Now that the exterior's done, time to share a screenshot of my current base
keQg617.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's awesome. Though all the time I've played with Railcraft, I still don't understand signalling. I end up using my own redstone based signalling.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
I used magical crops in the beginning, but only corn, tomatoes, etc I never got into the whole essence stuff since the only way to harvest corn and things seem to only be by thaumcraft golems.

The MFRMagicalcrops mods lets MFR harvest then just fine.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to start a brand new FTB Ultimate world, I thought I was done with the old 1.4.7 Ultimate modpack but turns out it's even nowadays the only one that I really enjoy playing.
This is about 3 days worth of progress, but I only do about 2-3 hours of gaming a day:

Spawn with Tower Of Power (water mill tower) and house
jSZVWha.png

0IBRY8W.png

Storage
jzWbONq.png

Machine shop
VWOfV9x.png

Reactions: arthahar and Vasa

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate is still awesome. The only reason I don't still play is that Tinker's Construct is too much fun.

Yeah I like Tinker's Construct, that and mods like OpenBlocks and Random Things.
I guess why Ultimate is still fun is because it's older and has the nostalgia factor, but it's still new enough to be good.