Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Not really, what you could have is a small off shoot on the side of the tower, leading to a pad of levitators that lift you up to the enchanting room, or above it so when you step off it's onto a landing balcony.

RedstoneJunkyard

Jul 29, 2019
This is a WIP base that i came up with when i saw the place, this base was originally a floating village on the ocean and i am trying to make it into the full on end-game base everyone loves. Its not very close to done, all i have is beginning mid-game tech online, i haven't even set-up a quarry yet, but the possibilities for the build are near infinite, a vast majority of the base was made from the villager farms and houses.

ModPack: FTB Monster
Mods added:
-Carpenter's Blocks
-Modular Furnaces
-Simply Jetpacks
-Soul Shards Reborn

This is what the base looks like from above, comprised of a few houses, farms and one built platform.
KLRf3xs.png

This platform is where i do most of my tinkering to make my tools, im eventually going to set up AE so i can automatically make drawbridges in the smeltery.
Tm4qtYF.png

This is a majority of the tech i have online, some simple TE and IC2 Machines and a minuscule AE system.
IPliFat.png

These platforms contain small farms for barley, natura berries and magical crops, these will eventually be automated.
s8rHWhv.png

And this is my entire worlds power production, this reactor is providing a very small ammount of power compared to others, but is still getting me there for my AE system, future quarries and TE machines.
cm1Bz80.png

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is a WIP base that i came up with when i saw the place, this base was originally a floating village on the ocean and i am trying to make it into the full on end-game base everyone loves. Its not very close to done, all i have is beginning mid-game tech online, i haven't even set-up a quarry yet, but the possibilities for the build are near infinite, a vast majority of the base was made from the villager farms and houses.

Mods added:
-Carpenter's Blocks
-Modular Furnaces
-Simply Jetpacks

This is what the base looks like from above, comprised of a few houses, farms and one built platform.
KLRf3xs.png

This platform is where i do most of my tinkering to make my tools, im eventually going to set up AE so i can automatically make drawbridges in the smeltery.
Tm4qtYF.png

This is a majority of the tech i have online, some simple TE and IC2 Machines and a minuscule AE system.
IPliFat.png

These platforms contain small farms for barley, natura berries and magical crops, these with eventually be automated.
s8rHWhv.png

And this is my entire worlds power production, this reactor is providing a very small ammount of power compared to others, but is still getting me there for my AE system, future quarries and TE machines.
cm1Bz80.png
Very nice. Simplistic of sorts yet still stylish.
Although I might have done it slightly different if it was me. Keep all the simplistic and non-tech stuff up top in the idyllic village and then make secret hidden elevators down to an underwater lair with all the tech :p

Reactions: pizzawolf14

RedstoneJunkyard

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. Simplistic of sorts yet still stylish.
Although I might have done it slightly different if it was me. Keep all the simplistic and non-tech stuff up top in the idyllic village and then make secret hidden elevators down to an underwater lair with all the tech :p
that is kind of what im doing now, im just hiding most of the tech under the villager farms, like what you see in the picture that shows all my machines is under my tinkers area, which was an Ex-Farm.;)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
This is the complete opposite of my village method which was to take the village over and tear down several buildings because they were in my way. :D I had the villagers contained safely in the church, but they eventually died on me for no fathomable reason.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I've been checking out a few random spawns in Unstable (no biome mods), & after 5-6 tries I spawned in the middle of a (mostly level) village. In leveling the terrain, I only had to move 2 houses down & I also tore down 1 small farm plot. Working from the idea that more doors = more villagers (all barricaded in 1 small house), I've been adding buildings instead of occupying existing houses. The tower is nowhere near finished & will house my Thaumcraft setup.

10408631_10203756115576713_1564421579334252599_n.jpg

10177391_10203756116736742_2955170897467772421_n.jpg

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019

Nice! That reminds me so much of how I had a village-purtification project in my Attack Of The B-Team world, I build a copy of a blacksmith and then converted it into a Tinkers Construct forge.
Pro tip for anyone who hasn't done it yet, the Tinker's Construct drying racks make some epic-looking signs.

rky54M5.png

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark

Mods added:
-Carpenter's Blocks
-Modular Furnaces
-Simply Jetpacks
-Soul Shards Reborn

KLRf3xs.png

Tm4qtYF.png

IPliFat.png

These platforms contain small farms for barley, natura berries and magical crops, these will eventually be automated.
s8rHWhv.png

cm1Bz80.png
great way to use a town like that, i gotta try my something like that :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very cool, though I'm not really a big fan of construction with shiny blocks. Not sure why, but I prefer darker colors. Spruce over Birch or Oak if I can get it.

I like your essentia method.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool, though I'm not really a big fan of construction with shiny blocks. Not sure why, but I prefer darker colors. Spruce over Birch or Oak if I can get it.

I like your essentia method.
Me too. I feel like the darker stuff fits Minecraft better, but I've yet to find somebody who agrees till now :D

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Me too. I feel like the darker stuff fits Minecraft better, but I've yet to find somebody who agrees till now :D

I built my AgS world out of seared stone using some standard grey bricks as an accent color. I really need to finish that world off instead of getting sucked into a new 1.7.10 one. It was nice and dark. I loved it.

TheDrizzle-0

Jul 29, 2019
Heres my base! http://imgur.com/a/3262U

The only thing made in creative mode was the house. Mostly just forestry all hooked up with itemducts and fluiducts underground. I wanted to do magical crops but It seems the only way to harvest those are with thaumcraft golems, I want to keep my farm magic free. Any Ideas of what else I should have on the farm? Any good ideas for lighting? Im getting sick of having torches everywhere.... Also, Im running out of Ideas and am thinking of going into building a factory/Lab using Mekanism and MFR because running out of resources is annoying. Then maybe floating castle and do the more magical mods in the Yogspack.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

The only thing made in creative mode was the house. Mostly just forestry all hooked up with itemducts and fluiducts underground. I wanted to do magical crops but It seems the only way to harvest those are with thaumcraft golems, I want to keep my farm magic free. Any Ideas of what else I should have on the farm? Any good ideas for lighting? Im getting sick of having torches everywhere.... Also, Im running out of Ideas and am thinking of going into building a factory/Lab using Mekanism and MFR because running out of resources is annoying. Then maybe floating castle and do the more magical mods in the Yogspack.

if you've thaumcraft, I'd go with arcane lamps hidden underground, or above ground if you like the way they look
they can light up quite a large area pretty well

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

You are using magical crops but you want your farm to be magic-free.