Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
This is a followup to my post on the last page. I've been working for the last several days on the elevator in my base. I am using levatators from Thaumcraft. The button panel is from GregTech, and it is all put together with MFR rednet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It does everything I want it to do, and even though I'm on a single-player server, it will work in multiplayer.

Thanks go out to KirinDave and Wylker for their MFR Rednet tutorials, the Tekkit wiki for the only documentation I have found for the Rednet Controller, Wikipedia for teaching me about multiplexing and all the awesome builds I've seen here inspiring me to do more. :)

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
This is a followup to my post on the last page. I've been working for the last several days on the elevator in my base. I am using levatators from Thaumcraft. The button panel is from GregTech, and it is all put together with MFR rednet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It does everything I want it to do, and even though I'm on a single-player server, it will work in multiplayer.

Thanks go out to KirinDave and Wylker for their MFR Rednet tutorials, the Tekkit wiki for the only documentation I have found for the Rednet Controller, Wikipedia for teaching me about multiplexing and all the awesome builds I've seen here inspiring me to do more. :)

I think that's the niftiest and most compact configurable elevator I've seen thus far. ^^

Reactions: Flipz

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Dat Texturepack. I need it. I think I have seen it somewhere it looks really familiar and i totally love it <3

Also, the build looks very promising progress album maybe ?

Yes, this is my (extremely customized) Greatwood pack. I took the base pack from here on the forums and had some help from some goon buddies to finish out the pack. It supports most of the mods in ultimate and a handful of others. Gregtech is still unfinished, and currently features a mix of Isabella textures and my own personal work. I'm fairly sure Greatwood is Open Source, so I may post the pack once I have a little bit more work done on it. Glad you enjoy it. I probably won't do progress albums, but I will have some more pictures done sometime today, so stay tuned.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's the niftiest and most compact configurable elevator I've seen thus far. ^^

Thanks. It has taken about a week to get it all done. I have a way of getting rid of the visible redstone torch in the elevator shaft, and completely hiding all the workings, but I am lacking an assembly table at the moment. It will also save one page in the MFR controller as I won't have to invert the signal to work with the redstone torch.

If there is interest in how it works, I will put together some documentation so you can steal copy borrow improve upon my design if you wish.

logoster

Jul 29, 2019

O_O, that is the best base ive seen (of course, i havent really looked through all 56 pages) sigh, this is my problem with some of these threads, is that you see awesome bases, but almost no one ever uploaded there worlds, lol, i doubt anyone would want to see my base, as its, well, crap, lol

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
O_O, that is the best base ive seen (of course, i havent really looked through all 56 pages) sigh, this is my problem with some of these threads, is that you see awesome bases, but almost no one ever uploaded there worlds, lol, i doubt anyone would want to see my base, as its, well, crap, lol

The world uploads would be kinda difficult for many. Not everyone uses a default FTB pack, so using someone else's world upload would involve a lot of work. I am using my own custom pack that I've been on for a number of weeks. (Pre FTB 1.5.2 packs.) I can give screenshots and videos, but actual world downloads would be nigh impossible. (not to mention my world sits at about 100MB currently)

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
I have just started a new world in Dirwolf20 1.5.2 and have made some progress in it over the last two days. I'm putting everything inside a spoiler to keep length down.
I decided I wanted to try doing a tree house. Biggest problem is space.

A view of the front door area.

First Level storage side. I use inter dimensional linking books to go between floors.

First level BC machine side.

Second Level is my thermal expansion area and BC Laser. That hole holds a ender tank for lava to feed 10 magmatic engines but I currently need it to power my other 10 magmatics for a quarry. I have another mj power source though.

Third floor is my bedroom/Enchantment room I also have two hostage villagers to get emeralds.

A view from my balcony just above the bedroom level.

I wanted to do something fun with all the heads I have been collecting so I did this whole head on a pike thing behind my tree house on the beach to dis sway creepers from creeping.

This is my alternate MJ power production using factorization steam in BC commercial steam engines for a 16MJ output.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
OK some of these put mine to shame :(

But anyway, here's a little something i've been working on:
Firstly, the view of my facility from the balcony of my mountain retreat...
2013-08-06_13.54.50.png
Now, my alvearies. Not a huge number but the bees inside have maximised production, nocturnal and tolerant flier so the output is still very nice.
2013-08-06_13.56.05.png
Next, my automated bee grinder. Where excess drones become feed stock for my hideous genetic experiments
2013-08-06_13.56.34.png

Now, both liquidised bees and lovely honeycomb is piped from this area directly into my facility:
2013-08-06_13.57.02.png
Not the prettiest, but it's what's inside that counts :p
Initially, the basement level, it's a nice ugly tangle of pipes, just what any self-respecting industrial premises needs:
2013-08-06_13.57.33.png
Then the main floor
2013-08-06_13.58.00.png
Three banks of centrifuges processing my combs into honey drops and alcoholic honeydrops (fermented bees ftw). From there, the various products are moved to opposite ends of the factory for squeezing.
Honey:
2013-08-06_13.58.21.png

Mead:
2013-08-06_13.58.36.png
And in a little corner you can see the evidence of my crimes against bee-kind:
2013-08-06_13.58.40.png
This gets pumped upstairs, which you'll see in a minute.
But first, my bottling machine, which isn't always on because otherwise I get totally swamped by little bottles of mead...
2013-08-06_13.58.52.png

[...cont'd]

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
On the second floor we have storage for propolis and other waste
2013-08-06_13.59.22.png
Up another level we have the heart of the entire operation. Firstly, my research lab where I perform horrid and immoral genetic experiments on my bees
2013-08-06_13.59.38.png
And finally, the control room. Everything in the factory is automated, but I have shutoffs connected to everything wirelessly
2013-08-06_14.00.15.png

Like I said, it ain't much compared to some of the stuff folks have shared here but I enjoyed making it :)

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
What on earth are those cursors in the second picture, and how did you get them...
(The giant hands)

Those are hat stands From the hat mod. You get them from a slab and a stick and then assign a hat from hats you've earned from kills.

4ceher0

Jul 29, 2019
I've been a secret admirer of this thread for a while and I thought I'd give building in FTB a go myself.
I've made an ice base nicknamed "the tech igloo" but ive yet to fill it with machines. Anyway here is the base it took me a while to get all the ice for the railcraft block but I think it was worth it. All feedback will be appreciated. This was made in single player FTB Unleashed.

Here: http://imgur.com/a/nkRcj

Enjoy
4ce

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been a secret admirer of this thread for a while and I thought I'd give building in FTB a go myself.
I've made an ice base nicknamed "the tech igloo" but ive yet to fill it with machines. Anyway here is the base it took me a while to get all the ice for the railcraft block but I think it was worth it. All feedback will be appreciated. This was made in single player FTB Unleashed.

Enjoy
4ce

That's a nice design. I'm also a fan of those frost-fitted bricks, the blue ones.

4ceher0

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice design. I'm also a fan of those frost-fitted bricks, the blue ones.

They are really nice blocks but the ice is a pain to make early game. I've grown tired of having to live in caves whilst I gather the materials for building. The Glacial preciptator and a force engine helped me out this time. Shame i built this before microblocks were introduced, I think they could have added a new dynamic to the build.

Thanks for the likes
4ce

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019

Enjoy
4ce

Gorgeous! I might have to, um, "emulate" your design.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

Enjoy
4ce

Quite a clean design. I especially like the roof layout.