Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
Finally ready to show off a little myself, and ask for a bit of advice...First off:

My house:
2013-07-22_183302.png

BioMass/Fuel Production "Hat" building as I call it, and my floating Multifarms:
2013-07-22_183243.png

My smaller Rubber Plantation building, and my Lava "guardian":
2013-07-22_183250.png

My AE Living room:
2013-07-22_183429.png

Mystcraft room:
2013-07-22_183440.png

AE Processing room, deep beneath the ocean:
2013-07-22_183603.png

Still working on it for the most part, but proud of what I have so far.

Now my question:
See thsoe blue lights littered around the ground in my pics? I love/hate them. I love the techy look, yet I hate how cluttered they are. I'm trying to light up my yard to cease the spawning of evil little beings, yet it looks to...ugh.

Any ideas? I've used Wrath lamps in the past, yet they've been bugging out on me and causing some crashes. Nitor from Thaumcraft slaughters my poor FPS with tons around. I wouldn't mind making 'streetlamps' or such, as long as they look decent..

You could use the blue lights (along with other blocks) to make the paths look better. What are those things called anyway?
There is a LOT of open space you can fill in with some buildings, even if they don't have a function. That would remove the need of cluttering the land with pointless lights.

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the blue lights (along with other blocks) to make the paths look better. What are those things called anyway?
There is a LOT of open space you can fill in with some buildings, even if they don't have a function. That would remove the need of cluttering the land with pointless lights.

Those are the Lux Capacitor mod from the Modular Powersuits. I'm on a different pack updated for 1.5.2.

I have plans for some other buildings around, but they would take some time. I was able to get some Magnum torches and bury them for now. They work rather well :)

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
New base that I'm abandoning as I'm moving to the unleashed pack, castle isn't quite finished needs the central tower (visible behind the bridge between the 2 front towers), going to do a final episode of my ftb beta let's play to show it off when I'm done.

Pic 2 is from my original base in a plains biome, I kept seeing the extreme hills in the distance thinking "that needs a castle on it"

Holy epic scale, Batman! *jealous* How long did that take you?

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Holy epic scale, Batman! *jealous* How long did that take you?

Hi, it's kinda grown over a few weeks in between doing tech stuff inside it. I'd not got around to doing any of the upper towers until a couple of days ago when I spent an afternoon putting them together, the towers are all the same so once I'd done one the rest were pretty quick, I think the little wooden bridge between the front 2 took the most time :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I've been working on for the past bit. New map, private server, custom mod pack. I am trying to go with a very vanilla feel for the village. This actually started out as a village spawn, and I have some villagers held captive to repopulate the town, but haven't gotten that far yet.

Overview of the fields. You can see the golem labor. Along the left, I have some conveyor belts, item routers and MFR fertilizers. These are the crops that fertilizer can help grow and will assist in providing work for the golems to do. The building in the center is the smeltery/blacksmith. The building on the right is an unfinished butcher/meat packing plant. I'm not really liking the feel of the building there, so it may get demolished and moved elsewhere.

2013-07-24_18.36.32.png

The front of the smeltery. I like the look of the chiseled road, but felt that using them exclusively would make the town seem a bit too modern and didn't fit the feel I was going for. Mixing them with gravel and the occasional grass block seems to fit the slightly run-down theme I am looking for.

2013-07-24_18.37.55.png

This massive smeltery is the center point of the building. On the left are the tool stations and chests to hold supplies. There are a lot of extra chests in here at the moment as I ran out of room in my AE network.

2013-07-24_18.38.07.png

My semi-automated basins. I have hoppers below to pull out the finished blocks and place them in the chest. I still have to click on the spouts manually to fill. I thought about trying to automate it more, but I'm trying to keep the aesthetics intact.

2013-07-24_18.38.36.png

Automated feeder system for the smeltery. Great for making seared stone Also the manual casting basin and table next to the tool stations.

2013-07-24_18.38.54.png

My hidden staircase leading down to the wonderful world of tech. All steam based. It is very much a work in progress, and I'm not ready to show that part of the base yet.

2013-07-24_18.39.11.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I've been working on for the past bit. New map, private server, custom mod pack. I am trying to go with a very vanilla feel for the village. This actually started out as a village spawn, and I have some villagers held captive to repopulate the town, but haven't gotten that far yet.

Overview of the fields. You can see the golem labor. Along the left, I have some conveyor belts, item routers and MFR fertilizers. These are the crops that fertilizer can help grow and will assist in providing work for the golems to do. The building in the center is the smeltery/blacksmith. The building on the right is an unfinished butcher/meat packing plant. I'm not really liking the feel of the building there, so it may get demolished and moved elsewhere.

The front of the smeltery. I like the look of the chiseled road, but felt that using them exclusively would make the town seem a bit too modern and didn't fit the feel I was going for. Mixing them with gravel and the occasional grass block seems to fit the slightly run-down theme I am looking for.

This massive smeltery is the center point of the building. On the left are the tool stations and chests to hold supplies. There are a lot of extra chests in here at the moment as I ran out of room in my AE network.

My semi-automated basins. I have hoppers below to pull out the finished blocks and place them in the chest. I still have to click on the spouts manually to fill. I thought about trying to automate it more, but I'm trying to keep the aesthetics intact.

Automated feeder system for the smeltery. Great for making seared stone Also the manual casting basin and table next to the tool stations.

My hidden staircase leading down to the wonderful world of tech. All steam based. It is very much a work in progress, and I'm not ready to show that part of the base yet.

Looks like you at least have a very nice start :D

Reactions: SatanicSanta

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you at least have a very nice start :D

Thanks. I have most of my planning for the rest of the base done, it just takes a while to actually build it. I don't think anyone really wants to see a room with a bunch of cramped machines, and half-built CF walls. It's functional, but not inspiring in the least. Some of the more advanced GT machines aren't even built. I just have some dirt with a sign reminding me what goes there.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Assorted pics of my new base of the new RR TS1 map:
before building:
View attachment 6321
after building:
View attachment 6322View attachment 6323View attachment 6324
moved my stuff inside:
View attachment 6325View attachment 6326
btw, no more batman skin:
View attachment 6327

Wow, I should really start playing on the resonant rise server shouldn't I? Is it whitelisted?[DOUBLEPOST=1374719621][/DOUBLEPOST]What's the I.P. ? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the lobby: [incomplete]
PGR7GUS.jpg

Looking up from the glass center:
j5JmufB.jpg

Floating Tree Farm:
J01bfEL.jpg

From Below:
LKvwpZj.jpg

Center Part of Tree Farm:
1t6kU2g.jpg

Top Floor:
VyFAaC3.jpg

Biofuel-Lava Generating Engine Room of Madness:
nwgFvkI.jpg

Electrical Room:
wPP6kMB.jpg

I'm going to void this soon:
KoD6fXS.jpg

More to Come with Updated Rooms!

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I plan to add another layer of that. It's at two, with 80 combustion engines each. So I'll be at 240 combustion engines powering 48 magma crucibles.

Also, I intend on using soul furnaces to get cobble -> netherrack, using witches for glowstone and sludge for soul sand. We'll see if that is actually sustainable, but it'd double my output without having to rely on something like a quarry in the nether.

Yashagoro

Jul 29, 2019
After looking at most of these builds I realize I gotta step up my game! Put on mah game face *Puts on a Notch Mask while playing FTB Unleashed*

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a week off from my medical residence, so I'm finally building my big 'ol house in my world, so check it out.
This thing is pretty goddamn huge right now, and I've only got the outlines in.

The floor pattern in each of the two wings:
iHPl93t.png

The beginnings of the second and third floors, and the mostly completed walls. No lights or anything yet:
tl7Fcbn.png

Just a shot to give a little perspective on the size. It's one of the largest engineering projects I've undertaken, and stretches nearly 100 blocks wide and 60 blocks long, when it's done it will be at least 3 stories tall and several stories underground:
CSB60XV.png

Stay tuned for updates!

Reactions: Flipz and arthahar

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
That looks very nice, I love huge builds. Me and my brother is actually doing something similar right now, but we're pretty dang slow at it. Will post something of my won once we get on with it, in the meantime, I'll be looking forward to seeing your updates.

I should start taking pictures already actually, would make a good progression album.