Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm speechless. At first I didn't understand what I was seeing. How are you planning to use all that energy? 9+ boilers? Sheesh.

I have a plan for a bioplant, but I decided to cut costs and just use combustion engine towers leading to conversion.
Do you think that 9's a lot?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
um....i think its biofuel

on another note, how long did that take you to make? it takes me a while to get a little bit of biofuel :(

I've been gathering that biofuel for several weeks. I use an MFR tree farm that harvests redwoods. Of course, this is several weeks on an SSP world. In terms of total time consumption... probably not more than three days or so. Give or take.

jess887cp said:
I'm speechless. At first I didn't understand what I was seeing. How are you planning to use all that energy? 9+ boilers? Sheesh.

I have a plan for a bioplant, but I decided to cut costs and just use combustion engine towers leading to conversion.

I plan on having those 9 boilers, and then I'm going to have a hallway that circles around the opposite edge of the tanks you're looking at that is similarly lined with boilers.

Overall, the set up should generate me roughly 5k eu/t, since each boiler generates about 360 eu/t. Some of the boilers are going to be used to generate MJ instead of EU.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
I've been gathering that biofuel for several weeks. I use an MFR tree farm that harvests redwoods. Of course, this is several weeks on an SSP world. In terms of total time consumption... probably not more than three days or so. Give or take.

:( my favorite server doesnt have MFR, but i have a turtle tree farm

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
:( my favorite server doesnt have MFR, but i have a turtle tree farm

Ah, that kinda sucks. MFR is one of my favorite mods. I don't think I could live without it.

Do you have Steve's Carts? The tree farm for that was nerfed pretty hard recently, but I believe it's still a viable option. Not sure if it's better than turtles, though.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
This thread has been dead for too long.

BEHOLD MY EU ROOM. I apologize if the color is a bit... overpowering. Interior design was never my strong suit.

uMktGNq.jpg

Reactions: Technician

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

BEHOLD MY EU ROOM. I apologize if the color is a bit... overpowering. Interior design was never my strong suit.

uMktGNq.jpg
Uhh... Could use more machines. I also thought it was going to be a EU GENERATION ROOM OF BADAASITUDE! Also, very... red. Could use a slash of blue.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh... Could use more machines. I also thought it was going to be a EU GENERATION ROOM OF BADAASITUDE! Also, very... red. Could use a slash of blue.

Yeah, not quite there, yet.

I just got finished completely moving my base and setting up an AE network. Haven't even made a matter fabricator yet. I was thinking about trading the red lamps for blue ones.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not quite there, yet.

I just got finished completely moving my base and setting up an AE network. Haven't even made a matter fabricator yet. I was thinking about trading the red lamps for blue ones.
Well, I'd suggest only replacing some of the lamps with blue ones. Might look more dynamic.
Also seriously? Haven't got a Matter Fabricator so you shirk on other machines? I know plenty of people who(pre-GT, anyway) build a machine for every ore in their production line.
And post-GT, there are SO MANY FUCKING COOL NEW MACHINES that your room looks rather barren. Get a Wiremill going! That thing which builds Chips! A Computer Cube! More advanced dust processing! Chemical Reactors! Even a Microwave!(well, I think the Microwave is for 1.5.1, but still...)

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'd suggest only replacing some of the lamps with blue ones. Might look more dynamic.
Also seriously? Haven't got a Matter Fabricator so you shirk on other machines? I know plenty of people who(pre-GT, anyway) build a machine for every ore in their production line.
And post-GT, there are SO MANY FUCKING COOL NEW MACHINES that your room looks rather barren. Get a Wiremill going! That thing which builds Chips! A Computer Cube! More advanced dust processing! Chemical Reactors! Even a Microwave!(well, I think the Microwave is for 1.5.1, but still...)

I plan on getting to them! It's just taking me awhile.

Plus, I don't have a use for most of those machines yet.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019

uMktGNq.jpg
My eyes! >_<
:p

But seriously, too much Xy stuff.
It looks cool and all, but aesthetically, I see it to look best as supplementary block, never the main focus, no matter what color.
(Plus the red lights don't help.)

If I may, I'd recommend maybe just make the wall outlines or corners as Xy blocks, and for the floor, maybe add some designs or large squares made of other blocks, some regular stone perhaps.

Lights may be best as white, considering the tone of blue the lights, they could be just as bad.
Yellow or Orange (or both) may work too.

But of course, this is just advise by my perspective (with some design basics) tho if you like it the way it is, then that's what matters most.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
My eyes! >_<
:p

But seriously, too much Xy stuff.
It looks cool and all, but aesthetically, I see it to look best as supplementary block, never the main focus, no matter what color.
(Plus the red lights don't help.)

If I may, I'd recommend maybe just make the wall outlines or corners as Xy blocks, and for the floor, maybe add some designs or large squares made of other blocks, some regular stone perhaps.

Lights may be best as white, considering the tone of blue the lights, they could be just as bad.
Yellow or Orange (or both) may work too.

But of course, this is just advise by my perspective (with some design basics) tho if you like it the way it is, then that's what matters most.

Trust me when I say that no large amount of thought or materials went into this, so it's honestly no big deal for me to take it down.

I was just trying to find a mesh of colors that didn't clash horribly, and was a decent replacement for the dirt, stone, redrock and gravel that was previously gunking up the room. Maybe I'll do like... xycraft blocks for the outline of the walls, and stone or redrock bricks for the inside bulk. Probably redrock. I like how it looks.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, all that red...

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to put all of that engineering brick on the ceiling, and arrange the lights in a pattern, and have a bunch of that smexy black block everybody seems to like.

Ill post one of my rooms soon, but I need to decide whether or not to put a boiler or a bank of diesel generators in my2x4x2 slot in the wall.

SpoonsV

Jul 29, 2019
No offense, this isn't having a go at your EU room Mash but I can't stand those Xy Blocks.

When I first saw them I thought it would be a perfect way of getting rid of the 10s of 1000s of pointless, useless Xychoridite crystal thingies but they are UGLY. I play with Sphax and they are just so jarring in the world. They need Sphaxifying and then maybe they will look good. Not the mod or modders fault though.