Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
due to technical issues turned out the machine crashed the server i was building it on so im gona have to build it on singleplayer all over again

P

PixelFreeze

so im planning on making a nice small old-time little house maby whit a village just something rural
but i feel like there something missing , any idea how to spice it up ?
the plan is to make some rural setting wile hidding a huge secret complex underground,
btw any ideas how to hide the entrance to the underground inside ?View attachment 1112View attachment 1111
You could place an elevator block underwater.

knn03

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like this thread needs some action, so here's a bump.

I've been playing with Space Astronomy on and off for the last month and this is what I have so far.

This is my main base from two different angles.
2016-11-07_00.59.58.png

2016-11-07_00.55.56.png

This is my magic area.
2016-11-07_00.50.21.png

My main living area with a random collection of machines.
2016-11-07_00.57.29.png

I have just started with Mekanism but I like it so far. Here, I have 3x ore processing set up and several metallurgic infusers.
2016-11-07_00.58.27.png

My storage area. Items are constantly coming from my quarry.
2016-11-07_00.57.55.png
2016-11-07_00.58.10.png

My tree farm for wood and food (I have too much right now). The other pic is of my TiCo area and wool factory.
2016-11-07_00.55.23.png

2016-11-07_00.55.44.png

Here I have a powered spawner (blaze) to generate mob essence and an auto-spawner to spawn whichever mob I need (currently cow) and grinders to kill automatically.
2016-11-07_00.59.17.png

Last edited:

knn03

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the path leading to my mining world. The white stone path leads to the launch area.
2016-11-07_00.58.55.png

2016-11-07_00.55.17.png

This is my reactor, capable of outputting 7.5K RF/t, feeding into an energy buffer. The power monitor is configured to turn on the reactor whenever the capacitor bank is less than 50% and turn off at 90%, but that doesn't always work. The redstone signal would stay on even when the bank is full, I would just break a block or two and replace them.
2016-11-07_01.26.10.png
I don't plan on spending much time on the Moon or Mars so the bases I set up there are basic with just the essential machines.

Moon base, outside and in.
2016-11-07_01.06.51.png

2016-11-07_01.07.31.png

Mars base. Again, just set up enough to keep me alive.
2016-11-07_01.16.00.png

2016-11-07_01.16.13.png

2016-11-07_01.16.40.png

*** Replacing torches has been on my to do list since day 1 ***

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
This isn't my entire base, but I wanted to show off the double-spawners I built tonight in my Unstoppable LP world.

Both spawners are directly across a 2-wide hallway from each other. I'm using Draconic Evolution Grinders to kill everything, 1 for each room. Also in each room, I have slime channels from Tinkers 1.10 to funnel the mobs and drops to the EIO Vacuum Chests and XP Vacuums. All of these machines either feed into or are fed from a dimensional transceiver. There are 2 of them, and I know I could've stuck cables down, but I didn't plan on putting them this close together at first.

In the "safe" part of the room, where you can stand and watch the carnage if you choose, are 2 obelisks. First, there's an Experience Obelisk. The XP Vacuums on both sides dump into it via a fluid conduit. The second obelisk is an Inhibitor Obelisk. I originally had a Travel Anchor down here because it's ~20 levels below my basement, but the Inhibitor Obelisk got in the way. It has a permanent range of 32 blocks where NOTHING can teleport. I mean nothing. I ended up having to pull out the travel anchor and use an elevator block instead.

Each spawner has pros and cons. The Blaze spawners (there are 2 if you look carefully) were placed with a moving wand from Better Wands. (Or is it Not Enough Wands? I can never remember the name of the mod.) It's kinda like a dolly from JABBA in 1.7.10 - just point, click, move. The pro here is that they take no power. Only the grinder and vacuum chest need power, so this is very efficient. The con is that they're vanilla spawners, so they don't work if I'm not close. I built this blaze farm for Episode 5 of my Unstoppable JaRyCu series.

The Endermen farm is almost the opposite of the blaze farm. Since it's powered, I can be anywhere. I have the farms chunk-loaded, so I get a constant influx of everything the Endermen drop. I've got unlimited ender pearls now and it's great. The downside is that it costs a lot of power. I had to run power conduit over to it, so I got the chance to use the painting machine I'd built and also use some Factory Blocks from the chisel mod. (Note: don't use the iChisel...it crashes servers if you click it.) I'll be showing off this farm in Episode 6, due out tomorrow night, if you're interested in seeing it in video.

cFX8mkH.png

KsjlNvQ.png

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
so I took a long break from this game but got back into it when the hermitpack 1.10.2 came out. This location is now my third base and Im happy with the progress I've made. Im still working on the island as a whole to make it look good, but I think I am now at a point were I have everything I need to do almost anything so this is when I start to try and pretty it up. Instead of doing images here I will just have this link to the imgur page since currently the album has 30+ screen shots. http://imgur.com/a/53Prc I eould love some feed back on design idea because for now its quiet plain and needs a lot of work.

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
@Dragonsama I want to know more about the spawner thing with the buttons running up the side of it. Those look like RFTools buttons, but can you go into more details and tell me/us how it works? It looks really cool!

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
@Dragonsama I want to know more about the spawner thing with the buttons running up the side of it. Those look like RFTools buttons, but can you go into more details and tell me/us how it works? It looks really cool!
That is RF tools. Its a screen and screen controller, and the screen controller can actually be seen in the screen shot of the wither killer how it works, using button modules. Each button module is linked to a redstone receiver on the top. Then using Ender IO redstone conduits and the color channels, im able to hit the wither button witch is channel 1 for the redstone receiver witch activates the black channel on the redstone conduit turning only the wither spawner on or off. Ill note it took me a little to figure out that I needed to have "toggle" checked in the options for the button module. Took a bit to figure out that they only send a pulse without it and thats why my spawners didn't originally turn on.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
That is RF tools. Its a screen and screen controller, and the screen controller can actually be seen in the screen shot of the wither killer how it works, using button modules. Each button module is linked to a redstone receiver on the top. Then using Ender IO redstone conduits and the color channels, im able to hit the wither button witch is channel 1 for the redstone receiver witch activates the black channel on the redstone conduit turning only the wither spawner on or off. Ill note it took me a little to figure out that I needed to have "toggle" checked in the options for the button module. Took a bit to figure out that they only send a pulse without it and thats why my spawners didn't originally turn on.

I love the usage of the screens for this. Nice Idea!
Can you explain me how you can make the fit into the glass texture? It seems the screen is transparent. How can I do this? Is it a module?

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I love the usage of the screens for this. Nice Idea!
Can you explain me how you can make the fit into the glass texture? It seems the screen is transparent. How can I do this? Is it a module?

The screen alternates between black and click when you right click it with the RFTools wrench. It also has 3 different sizes it goes through (small, medium, and large) as you right click it with the wrench.

Reactions: Dentvar
E

eloquentJane

@knn03 That's a pretty nice setup, although I can't help thinking that all of that technology is far too cheap with its usual costs (a byproduct of playing FTB Infinity Evolved in expert mode for a while). I like the block choices of your main base too, I think the sandstone and the chiseled oak wood complement each other nicely.

If I might make a suggestion, I find that aluminium scaffolding (from Immersive Engineering) works wonders for aesthetics in space (spacethetics, one might say). -J

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
My Blood N Bones base. It's a very difficult modpack, and I play it in hardcore mode, so the base is less about aesthetics and more about efficiency and progression.

My starting base usually looks like this. Basically a long underground tunnel (60-100 blocks), which lets me exit the base in the morning at a place where most mobs have despawned. I start digging it on the first-second night.

47bvmDU.png

After I gather some resources and make metal armor, I pack everything and look for a better location for a permanent base. That's a plains-type biome, on a flat spot (for easier terraforming) with no nearby towers.

qqcWwkS.jpg

A 3x4-chunk surface area is generally enough for anything I need. The walls need to be 2-block thick, otherwise giant zombies are spawning in the walls and glitch into the base. The mobs also need to have a path into the base, otherwise the AI seems to be causing massive lag. A quicksand trap that is two blocks high with a sludge channel underneath is a great early mobgrinder, which provides plenty of gunpowder, arrows and bones. Later I upgrade it with the MFR grinder.

FSUoIKX.png

u9nCygs.png

Another neat mobgrinder is this Cinder trap. I think I first saw the concept in Ssundee's videos. I think there needs to be a minimum amount of fires for constant spawning, 8 seems to do the trick. I think it also needs two solid blocks between the fires for some reason. I make one immediately after the first trip to the Nether, so that it grinds enough stuff over the course of my entire playthrough. And a later MFR grinder upgrade of course.

lUJwC5k.png

hATe6d4.png

My streamlined sandwich kitchen. Every table has specific tools to make each ingredient, and the chest contains neatly arranged fruit. This lets me make a full set of 9 stacks of sandwiches in seconds. I also have such a table for Needlegun ammo.

YcgIeCH.png

Smeltery area. The high oven gets obsolete very fast, but it's still great for making clear glass fast. That Cinder grinder provides 3/4 of the Pyrotheum ingredients for the induction smelter, it doubles the ores and produces Rich Slag for tripling the rare stuff.

ZVxJ62s.jpg

And of course, the dragon kill. 1300 Dragon Essence and 144 levels.

gWUoMGo.jpg

T

TheRedCrafter344

So this is a WIP base I am making in a hard and laggy modpack called Revolution 3.
It's nowhere near ready yet, but this is what I got so far.
http://imgur.com/gallery/NFVTq
Being not particularly good at building, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, BUMP. You're welcome.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Obliged ;)

Been sticking stuff on player.me- but totally forgetting this thread;

Cobble supply is a good start to any skyblock challenge.
a0ac6e9b544c0e78d2fec9b717d188c3.jpg

Just a simple drop trap, using fans to funnel the mobs.
54845cc320d0b5254d8862255622fb15.jpg

7c6cdad9af381c82d8c22c6e3f27df58.jpg

A greenhouse, so I can eat something that doesn't taste like the inside of my old workboots.
c5e32abbef413f7c04074b55a38ff5b5.jpg

d6101c0c645633d7a3fec8bd912bd1f3.jpg

1e490426868e0491cef1d2937ce6386c.jpg

Time for some heavy metal!
3540b49f200958ed3fed36193e6264ca.jpg

24961c4fcfec4904b53aada243f150ec.jpg

Busbars and cables; got the power relay up
caee2f88e322e144591bbcb2bb576e6f.jpg

Fuel Refinery
153e2aca62d2da61429a7b8da4049602.jpg

Which water?
2016-06-15_19.43.00.png

2016-08-28_17.43.44.png

Obsidian glass floors. Well some of it is glass anyway- the rest is open air.
e35063a7ba69376fc9dede8b5ad2d5eb.jpg

2016-06-10_19.19.14.png

2887f6e0e0aa1093ccf6617b64e061ad.jpg

f6381ea50329b4965133fb6692af9a0e.jpg

..and this is about as far as I got with the evolved skyblock thingy.
[/spoiler]