Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
You have a better picture of it a few posts up ^^. And if anyone knows how to check the pages on a randomized mystcraft age for FTB Unleashed (latest version) let me know so I can share the pages with you :)
If it is a random age you will only be able to "read" the pages with a NBT Editor and opening the corresponding agedata##.dat file.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
WiP Warhammer 40k titan getting bigger, still needs gun arms and a lot more work on the tower section:

titan3.jpg
titan4.jpg

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
WiP Warhammer 40k titan getting bigger, still needs gun arms and a lot more work on the tower section:

I feel ashamed to put my base here.
I took the challenge of only using Engineer's Toolbox as my method of creating stuff (except ore multiplication - Mekanism - and tools - Tinker's Construct) - farms, smelting and mining - stuff like that, heck, even item sorting!
It looks like an ugly mess of stuff.

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so here are some update pictures!

This is a little room I dont really like how it came out. right next to the stairs
NoB26mg.jpg

My AE system over there and a little overhang/balcony/wuteva
u4xDRqq.jpg

Behind the AE System is my M.A.C and my ore processing section for which ill make a small tutorial soon!
mLvoayC.png

The look from the balcony.
v2qGgQ2.jpg

My possibly temporary assembly table room. The clear glass on the left is just a starting thing, dont know yet what i'll do with it.
gkmsPmE.jpg

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
man that mystcraft age looks amazing, gonna have to start playing with it some...so many mods in FTB its hard to learn it all

Seekker

Jul 29, 2019
This is the base me and a friend constructed on the Bigclan FTB server. It is running Unleashed + Gregtech.

We have a vast lack of any artistic talent and generally are more tech focused. We enjoy goals that are more tech wealth related. Our general ethos is 'Go big or go home'

Is it pretty ? No. Does it work ? Hell yes.
Overview.jpg

It does look very skeletal, but we will get round to putting walls on it one day.

Farms.jpg
8 forestry multifarms. 1 rubber plantation, 1 walnut orchard for seed oil and the rest are pumpkin, cactus, sugar cane, nether wart, potatoes, carrots and wheat all going to make biofuel. We use biofuel to power these farms plus 2 tree farms on super saplings.

These farms are what we call UFO's: Unidentified farming objects. They are all close to each other for chunk loading purposes, but they are all entirely independant and have no cables running to or from them.

Ground Floor.jpg

The ground floor, where the magic happens. Only in this corner though, the thaumcraft corner. Enchanting table, mystcraft items, and ME main access in the mid ground. Top right are the day to day processing machines. Top left are 8 ME sub networks for long ass processing jobs (iridium plates from raw material, energy flow circuits, advanced circuits and data control orbs. Stuff like that)

Basement.jpg

The basement. Tends to end up being a dumping ground for short term projects that end up being more long term. Lasers for Authartic(sp?) gate for my bees set up temporarily until we make a 200+ laser room again. Wiring for the machines on the main floor. On the left there you can see some of the 80 stills we have for processing biomass into Ethanol. Right on the back wall are 10 plasma powered matter fabricators. Just infront of those are 5 MFR laser drills also plasma fed. They are our resource system now as we no longer quarry. You can also see 4 oil fabricators that are no longer running as our tank is full.

Boilers.jpg

88 liquid fueled HP boilers. All running on Ethanol. We have 6 squeezers, 6 fermenters and 80 stills producing the fuel for these. All the ingredients for these boilers come from 2 full sized forestry multifarms running on Super Saplings. They were originally the source of power for our matter fabricators, but now they power the machines that produce fuel for our fusion reactors.

Fusion Reactors.jpg

3 fusion reactors plus fueling machines. We could have reduced the amount of machines here with overclockers, but I thought it kind of defeated the purpose to spend a lot of the power creating the power.

Once we had reached fusion levels of tech we had to ask ourselves : What now ? I jokingly suggested filling a full sized steel tank with redstone. So we did.

Main tanks.jpg

On this floor are Redstone, Glowstone, Water, Lava, Deuterium, Hydrogen, Helium Plasma, Fruit juice. (Plus Monster Essence, Tritium, Ethanol, Biofuel out of shot) On a side note the Plasma tank holds the equivalent of 169869312000 EU of Plasma.

But then my partner in crime wanted other things in tanks too.

Upper tanks.jpg

So commence project Tanks of stupidity.
Honey, Mercury, BNA, Sodium Persulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium, Nitrogen Dioxide, Glyceryl, Nitro Coalfuel, Seed Oil, Wolframium, Crushed Ice, Clorite, Calcium, Fuel, Oil, Nitrogen, Methane, Sodium, Nitro Diesel, Lithium, Meat, Silicon and Beryllium.

2 standards were used to pick candidates for the tanks. Is it hard to make or does it look good. If 2 substances looked too similar then one got booted.

We enjoy challenges and are looking for our next one.

We are looking for an interior decorator. Someone who is good at using objects that others consider opulent :)

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
88 liquid fueled HP boilers. All running on Ethanol.

3 fusion reactors plus fueling machines.

how much eu is about to blow up this marvel of overengineering? and when it does explode, please send us pics of the void =)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Holy, that is amazing, how long did that take you to assemble? :eek:
Never would have dreamed of that much wealth.

I can't speak for the poster, but most things with GT have an exponential growth pattern. It takes a long time to get your first piece of UU matter. But once you have the infrastructure in place, it's pretty easy to expand and multiply your efforts. I myself was always short of diamonds. Never enough to build what I wanted. Then, I finally got enough pink slime to make enough for a laser precharger for the MFR laser drill. With just one precharger running, after a couple days, I have well over 100 diamond ore, plus over 1000 iron ore. I have so much iron ore at the moment, I no longer need to use calcium carbonate with it to process the ore. I simply build what I want and have my AE system make more. I already had systems in place to make copper, tin, and electrum (gold/silver), and iron, and with the MFR laser drill, I now have plenty of ores for all my building projects. At this point, it takes more time to clear space in my base and figure out where I want to put things than to get the materials to make it.

I'm making a tower for all my thaumcraft needs, and actually considering building it out of gold, silver, diamond and emerald blocks.

Reactions: PhantomRage