Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Seekker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a tower for all my thaumcraft needs, and actually considering building it out of gold, silver, diamond and emerald blocks.

Too true. We built MFR lasers because we hadnt tried them before. Liked what we saw so built 5 of them. We are now processing the diamond ore in an industrial grinder and getting so much diamond dust we are using it instead of scrap in 3 of our matter fabricators. You can also see in the pic of our main floor that the half ceiling there is made of diamond, emerald, ruby and sapphire blocks.

Reactions: PhantomRage

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Too true. We built MFR lasers because we hadnt tried them before. Liked what we saw so built 5 of them. We are now processing the diamond ore in an industrial grinder and getting so much diamond dust we are using it instead of scrap in 3 of our matter fabricators. You can also see in the pic of our main floor that the half ceiling there is made of diamond, emerald, ruby and sapphire blocks.
Man, wish I could build something like that. :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Awesome. I love the carts for liquid transfer. I'm going to play with Trains more in this world. I've already got a locomotive and chest carts. Just need the tracks to be able to send the train back with my mining haul.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. I love the carts for liquid transfer. I'm going to play with Trains more in this world. I've already got a locomotive and chest carts. Just need the tracks to be able to send the train back with my mining haul.

Railcraft is a very underestimated mod. It's also a ton of fun, though I am having some issues with sugar distribution. I'll need to look more into it. Also, how are trains? I've been thinking of exchanging my carts for trains.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Depends on what you want to use them for. For something like your liquid removal system, they're not as good because the locomotive requires fuel. For something like hauling materials from a quarry, they're pretty awesome, because they can move several chests worth of stuff, and do it in a very cool manner. They can be fueled at either end with water and coal/charcoal, or if you have enough production and a short distance, such as through a mystcraft portal, you can directly fuel them with steam.

My 'main' world I started building a tremendously long track to a mine shaft I found some thousand or so blocks away, so I could send a locomotive off to retrieve the chest carts. I even manually bored the track tunnel all the way there from my house. I just got bored and side tracked while waiting for the track to be produced.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I can say the same about its brother mod: Steve's Carts 2. With those, you can automate anything with rails.
I might actually try to do that: automate everything using rails and carts.
That, and automating everything with turtles.
Also, I like my Railcraft-based sorter. It's so much better than AE.

The-Goon

Jul 29, 2019
Well after Seekker decided to post up some pics of his & ToTs base off Bigclan FTB server, I thought I would too. Now I'm complete opposite to Seeker & ToT in the way I'm not overly tech minded, I just build tech on needs must situations, but I do love me big aesthetic solo projects, so I thought I'd share my current work in progress...

U3BBYWs.jpg

nDd3w2h.jpg

rCdI7ih.jpg

hfSHqeQ.jpg

1DBVg3o.jpg

MAhBHlw.jpg

BTW if you can't tell, there's a whole lot of Clear/Stained Clear Glass on that building.

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friends finished the shape of this, but havent got everything set up. We are pretty finished as we have over 400k UU. (Legit)
Just Some a pic and evidence of the legit uu :D

2q3nqsj.png
(WIP Base)
UU matter:
2dcgwn4.png

Reactions: PhantomRage

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you can have up to 9 items per chest, Santa. Say, cobble, dirt, gravel and sand in one, ores in another (which connects to the ore processing machine), mob drops in another...

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
BTW if you can't tell, there's a whole lot of Clear/Stained Clear Glass on that building.
I can tell, but just barely. I think the building, epic and striking as it is, would look even more so if you broke up the glass sections a little bit just to give the building more definition overall. Even just microblock cover strips cutting the glass into large sections would do a lot to make the shape stand out.
But that's just my take. You mentioned that it's a WIP, so maybe you were planning something like that (or something even better) anyway. And the building looks fantastic regardless. :D

The-Goon

Jul 29, 2019
I can tell, but just barely. I think the building, epic and striking as it is, would look even more so if you broke up the glass sections a little bit just to give the building more definition overall. Even just microblock cover strips cutting the glass into large sections would do a lot to make the shape stand out.
But that's just my take. You mentioned that it's a WIP, so maybe you were planning something like that (or something even better) anyway. And the building looks fantastic regardless. :D

I will more than likely go back to the glass once I have done all the floors inside. Soartex makes the Stained Clear Glass almost invisible. I have used Light grey Clear on the inner Quarters and White Clear Glass on outside the definition is pretty good in default texture, but in reality I want good definition with soartex on. Will have a tinker and a play and will find something.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I just sort of suck out of the train, and then dump into my AE system. I don't sort anymore, except for cobble and dirt into DSU's.