Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Creator is xycraft is Soaryn. Why don't you like xycraft santa?
I can do everything it does with other mods, I hate the textures, and the ores spawn way too frequently, so frequently that I need to have an entire Xychorium/Quartz Diamond chest once I get Quarries running.
The only part of it I like is the corncobs and the popcorn.
Fabricator = auto crafting
Multitanks = Railcraft tanks, or BC tanks
Xychorium soil = dirt

The mod just seems kinda pointless.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I can do everything it does with other mods, I hate the textures, and the ores spawn way too frequently, so frequently that I need to have an entire Xychorium/Quartz Diamond chest once I get Quarries running.
The only part of it I like is the corncobs and the popcorn.
Fabricator = auto crafting
Multitanks = Railcraft tanks, or BC tanks
Xychorium soil = dirt

The mod just seems kinda pointless.

1) Fabricator does cool stuff, someone remind me what it does again...
2) Multitanks are cheaper and more variable in size and shape.
3) Xysoil is better than growing stuff than dirt is.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
1) Fabricator does cool stuff, someone remind me what it does again...
2) Multitanks are cheaper and more variable in size and shape.
3) Xysoil is better than growing stuff than dirt is.
1) Fabricator is an automatic crafting table.
2) I don't care about expense, or size, I just need something to store liquids. Also those puzzle pieces are annoying. In fact, on the server for my modpack I'm living with the other person who helped build the pack and is running the server, we just built 50 Heat Generators, and 2 Elite Factories out of boredom. Expense shouldn't be in issue in a sandbox game.
3) How?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
1) Fabricator is an automatic crafting table.
2) I don't care about expense, or size, I just need something to store liquids. Also those puzzle pieces are annoying. In fact, on the server for my modpack I'm living with the other person who helped build the pack and is running the server, we just built 50 Heat Generators, and 2 Elite Factories out of boredom. Expense shouldn't be in issue in a sandbox game.
3) How?

1)But i does something else cool but I forgot...
2) Fair enough, each to their own :D
3) Crops grow faster on them.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff planted on them grows quicker. And you don't need water around to keep the spaces hydrated.
Watering cans can make things grow instantly, also, water can allow for some very interesting water features in a home. It also makes the farm area seem more farmlike. Or, you can run water underground.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm not sure if that's a bug. Sounds like a mis-programmed PRC. I've got one set up with a vanilla lever, which is then hooked up to the smeltery. And had another hooked to a pair of electrical engines set to provide power to my TE machines, which was nothing more than a lever. Are you sure it's not the vanilla redstone strength mechanic?

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
My Base

Modpack: FTB Unleashed MC Version: 1.5.2

The apiary room (Imperial, Industrious, Saffron, Tropical, Breeding Apiary)
3NPfTPqh.jpg

Lord Buzzington the bee overlord
v98uSU1h.png

Tree breeding area (rural bees)
bm6P4Rnh.jpg

76TK0c5h.jpg

jYsZnhth.jpg

Tree breeding room (Contains AE network to store the saplings and fruit)
5UTP8Cmh.jpg

My Base:

Outside view
JlWW0gRh.jpg

Processing basement
pzN3OkSh.jpg

First floor
Mpslv66h.jpg

Second floor (Recyclers and mass fab)
59Ww3BWh.png

Laser drill setup
YNFP9A6.jpg

Random house i built when i got bored
c6wCKUC.jpg

EDIT: To contain modpack version and minecraft version

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The house and Lord Buzzington are my favorite parts. The house just looks awesome, and Lord Buzzington is a badass.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
My Base

Modpack: FTB Unleashed MC Version: 1.5.2
-snip-
EDIT: To contain modpack version and minecraft version

I quite enjoy Lord Buzzington. What I don't enjoy, however, is the Force Bricks. Goddess, they're so ugly. Maybe use ExtraUtilities coloured bricks instead? Also, the Laser Drill gets a power discount the higher up you go, capping out at something like 90% normal power when you get 128 blocks up.

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
I quite enjoy Lord Buzzington. What I don't enjoy, however, is the Force Bricks. Goddess, they're so ugly. Maybe use ExtraUtilities coloured bricks instead? Also, the Laser Drill gets a power discount the higher up you go, capping out at something like 90% normal power when you get 128 blocks up.

Yeah i agree with you there the force bricks are not pretty, i have never really liked them i have just been to lazy to switch them out, maybe later i might just quickly do some recolours and stick them in the sphax TP file because they are ugly!
And thanks for the tip on the laser drill.

Lohengrin said:
Uh, watch Ako mutch?

Yep, he inspired Lord Buzzington.
Ako is one of my favourites on the youtubes.

EDIT: Dartcraft bricks be gone!
EZbYt0r.jpg

I don't really like the sandstone because it has not got the kick i was looking for, not enough colour.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Try Tinker's Gold Bricks. Gold ingot plus chisel in the crafting grid. Those might work better.

Yeah i love the TiC chisel but the gold bricks don't go with the rest because they have a brick pattern rather than the paved pattern i am going for on Lord Buzzington