Learn GregTech HQM Pack (In Progress) 1.6.4.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Hello o/,

Today I bring to you a new HQM pack I am making centered around learning GT.

This pack will bring you through GT on hard mode with a feel of ease so you don't feel like immediately burning your computer. You will start out this pack progressing as if you would if you were playing GT normally without the tedious mining and gathering every other minute. All resources will be supplied to you at a speed that can be compared to Agrarian Skies.

Want to Help?
If you want to help just PM me, tell me the job you want, and tell me why you think you would be useful to the team and in that position.

Progress
None Yet :(

Modlist

Permissions
Gregtech: Free to use, nothing needed
Code Chicken Core/NEI: Free to use, nothing needed
HQM: I just had to PM A maker of the mod
IndustrialCraft 2: Free to use, just needed to supply a link
Per Fabrica Ad Astra: Free to use, nothing needed
Custom Ore Gen: Free to use, nothing needed
Applied Energistics: Free to use, nothing needed
Railcraft: I can use as long as I distribute via the FTB Launcher
Chisel: Free to use, nothing needed
Carpenter's Blocks: Free to use, nothing needed
BiblioCraft: Free to use, I just need to supply a link
Bibliocraft, Highlands: Free to use, I just need to supply a link
Highlands: Free to use, nothing needed

Please give input on what you would like to see featured in this pack.​

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I plan on adding some PFAA, a cool little mod thats not so used and I would like to introduce to a lot of you.
You could start now. Link? I can't tell what that's a acronym for right now, though it sounds familiar...

EDIT: Ah, google-fu to the rescue! Yeah, shame it's still obscure, that mod has looked great from the moment I heard the name.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am looking for some input on what you would like more:

1.A normal survival world where I supply you everything

or

2. A void age where you have to complete tasks to be able to go the next area

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am looking for some input on what you would like more:

1.A normal survival world where I supply you everything

or

2. A void age where you have to complete tasks to be able to go the next area
Meh, void worlds are lame, but having it all handed to you on a silver platter is worse. Why not just use a overworld setting and allow people to learn via the Hardcore Questing mod? One can have quests and unlimited deaths and a non-void world.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, void worlds are lame, but having it all handed to you on a silver platter is worse. Why not just use a overworld setting and allow people to learn via the Hardcore Questing mod? One can have quests and unlimited deaths and a non-void world.
I actually like that idea. I think I will make it so you have to progress through the GT tech tree normally and have HQM help ease the pain.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
All you really need to do is create several scenarios to which the user must hook up the power (EU) correctly to various machines. If they fuck up, redstone signal to TNT since IC2 exp doesn't have explosions. You'll learn real fucking quick.

Heh.

Reactions: psp

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
All you really need to do is create several scenarios to which the user must hook up the power (EU) correctly to various machines. If they fuck up, redstone signal to TNT since IC2 exp doesn't have explosions. You'll learn real fucking quick.

Heh.
Gregtech has explosions but I do not intend to make the pack this way with a bunch of challenges. I don't want it In a set course, I want a more open feel to it like normal survival.