Learn GregTech HQM Pack (In Progress) 1.6.4.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Also small update, unfortunately I feel PFFA would give to hard of an experience for beginners so I have removed it from the pack. I also have been noticing some crashes when just fooling around so this is another reason.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Also small update, unfortunately I feel PFFA would give to hard of an experience for beginners so I have removed it from the pack. I also have been noticing some crashes when just fooling around so this is another reason.

oh no... I hadn't heard of that one until this thread, and was most fascinated by the screenshots and the description of PFAA. Was actually looking forward to that mod actually :(

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I like the concept of this mod - I would like to play GregTech, but hate the grinding it usually involves. Also, I don't think I'd find GT bearable without Applied Energistics. Would you consider adding that?

Also, too bad about PFAA. That sounds intriguing.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Sup?

Seems legit, but why 1.6? Gregtech 1.7 has a lot of different stuff.

^^ This, depends on your POV....

Is "industrial strength" modded 1.7 just around the corner?
Is "industrial strength" modded 1.7 a long way off?

Given the flux around both forge and MC releases, which is also affecting every other mod's release cycle and bug fixes, I actually take the second view. Frankly, 1.8 is likely to see most of the modded action.

So, why grow beards waiting for 1.7 to stabilise? Why not make the most of the existing mature release? :)

(*) Views expressed herein are entirely personal. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Sup?

Seems legit, but why 1.6? Gregtech 1.7 has a lot of different stuff.
I was originally going to release this for 1.7 but then I realized there was no HQM for 1.7. What I will do is release this and by the time I am done hopefully HQM 1.7 will be released and I will start working on that (hopefully giving you enough time to finish the 1.6 version.
[DOUBLEPOST=1404820989][/DOUBLEPOST]Also If you really want it I can add PFAA back. It will require a but more grinding but should be fine. So if you want it back in please tell me.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
[DOUBLEPOST=1404820989][/DOUBLEPOST]Also If you really want it I can add PFAA back. It will require a but more grinding but should be fine. So if you want it back in please tell me.

This would be a good opportunity and platform to highlight a mod like PFAA. If it can't hurt (too much) to have it in the pack, then I would suggest that you leave it in the pack and design the quests using this mod too.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
^^ This, depends on your POV....

Given the flux around both forge and MC releases, which is also affecting every other mod's release cycle and bug fixes, I actually take the second view. Frankly, 1.8 is likely to see most of the modded action.

So, why grow beards waiting for 1.7 to stabilise? Why not make the most of the existing mature release? :)

(*) Views expressed herein are entirely personal. :)
Actually, gregtech for 1.7 is pretty stable. HQM might take a while, but it shouldn't be too long, updating to 1.7 is much easier then devs say it is (I should know, I've helped port like 4 mods over).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok, so what does it provide to your GT HQM? I'm just curious.

And I suppose I'm a tiny bit concerned its another Metallurgy 3 mod, which gives tons of basically-useless ores.

Slightly related: I love how GT lets you break down 99% of the worldgen into dusts which reflect the materials used in the "basic" components of all the blocks and tools.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so what does it provide to your GT HQM? I'm just curious.

And I suppose I'm a tiny bit concerned its another Metallurgy 3 mod, which gives tons of basically-useless ores.

Slightly related: I love how GT lets you break down 99% of the worldgen into dusts which reflect the materials used in the "basic" components of all the blocks and tools.
Well PFAA alone is a bit like metallurgy as there is not much progress yet but it plays well with Gregtech adding tons more worldgen and more realistic ore gathering, I can assure you that you will not be disapointed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well PFAA alone is a bit like metallurgy as there is not much progress yet but it plays well with Gregtech adding tons more worldgen and more realistic ore gathering, I can assure you that you will not be disapointed.
You've never disappointed me!

But I'll reserve judgement until I see Industrial Grinder/Electrolyzer/Centrifuge recipes/dusts for all those ores ( I don't envy you!)

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, gregtech for 1.7 is pretty stable. HQM might take a while, but it shouldn't be too long, updating to 1.7 is much easier then devs say it is (I should know, I've helped port like 4 mods over).

Basically this is the issue with 1.7 now...

Some of them mods are ready for 1.7, some of them, not... No one can tell you when it will be (hence my facetious "growing beards waiting for it" comment). Most ported mods haven't been properly stress tested... yet. Forge itself is in churn, so is vanilla MC (1.7.10 already?). All I read about is, one new release from either of them, seems to unroll carefully implemented code in other mods, blah blah... So, I am reserving any commentary or judgement about porting complexity or complicatedness. I am going by what devs say, and how (often) they (do not) release mod versions.

So many threads have had long discussions because of differing POVs around modded 1.7. That's why I said in my previous reply:

Your reply will be influenced by the outlook you carry around this.[DOUBLEPOST=1404837314][/DOUBLEPOST]
Settled PFAA is back in.

Did I mention, I like your signature? Well, I did now. :)

Reactions: YX33A and Pyure

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to add Applied Energistics, Extra Cells, Hunger Overhaul and maybe chisel and carpentor's blocks but I will need some input on those.