[itemFence, ingotIron, itemFence],
    [ingotIron, plateIron, ingotIron],
    [itemFence, ingotIron, itemFence]]);

recipes.removeShaped(itemDollyIron);
recipes.addShaped(itemDollyIron, [
    [null, toolWrench, plateIron],
    [toolHammer, plankWood, plateIron],
    [plateIron, plateIron, plateIron]]);

Not a big deal, but more in-line with GT.

Reactions: AlCapella

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Excerpts from InfiTech's config/minetweaker/ironchests.cfg:

Code:
recipes.removeShaped(modIronChests);
recipes.addShaped(itemChestIron, [
    [plateIron, plateIron, plateIron],
    [plateIron, itemChestWood, plateIron],

...and excerpts from jabba.cfg:

Code:
recipes.removeShaped(modJabba);
recipes.addShaped(itemStructMKII, [
    [itemFence, ingotIron, itemFence],
    [ingotIron, plateIron, ingotIron],
    [itemFence, ingotIron, itemFence]]);

recipes.removeShaped(itemDollyIron);
recipes.addShaped(itemDollyIron, [
    [null, toolWrench, plateIron],
    [toolHammer, plankWood, plateIron],

Not a big deal, but more in-line with GT.

Wow, great minds. I was gonna do that tonight, so you, kinda-sorta-ninja'd me by 8 hours or so.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: MigukNamja

GuitarMoshi

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that this weekend. The wrench quest is blank. I tried the following, in order:
  1. Made an iron wrench
  2. NET Cheated in all the wrenches
Neither worked. I had to /hqm in myself a quest "cheat" book to complete the wrench quest. I need 1 more slimeball for the water tank quest, but I suspect it will be the same. I'll have to cheat the quest using the "cheat" quest book.
How did you do this? I can't find any commands to get a "cheat" quest book...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
How did you do this? I can't find any commands to get a "cheat" quest book...

I forget the command, but here's what I did:

/hqm help <enter>

At this point, on my GUI at least, I only see the bottom-most commands. I have to enter the console *again* by typing just:

/

..and not pressing the enter key yet. I can then see the HQM commands at the top. One of the top ones will give you the full quest book. The name of the command escapes me and it's not obvious, but it's near the top of the list. I *think* the command is:

/hqm edit

You then get sparkly-looking HQM quest book in your inventory. Right-click while holding it, find the wrench quest, then SHIFT+click it. You can then verify progress in your normal HQM quest book.

Here's a reference:

http://hqm.wikispaces.com/Debug+Mode

GuitarMoshi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking eventually we'll need some sort of chunkloader in this pack, whether it's for nether lava or just to keep the AE system happy while you're away. Also since there are so many different ore/stone/gem/etc types, inventory while mining is becoming an issue. I miss my Forestry backpacks...

Adding in a full-blown mod like Forestry or MFR would likely take away from the GregTech focus (as much as I'd love to plop down a bio-powered MFR treefarm right now to prep for IC2 generator power), but maybe something like Extra Utilities for the bag of holding. It would also add ender quarries and generators, but converting RF to GT power is lossy so it's better to use GT power generation, and the ender quarry is on par material-wise with the GT version of the BC quarry, plus you'll need some way to power it remotely and get that stuff back to base without tesseracts.

Thoughts?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking eventually we'll need some sort of chunkloader in this pack, whether it's for nether lava or just to keep the AE system happy while you're away. Also since there are so many different ore/stone/gem/etc types, inventory while mining is becoming an issue. I miss my Forestry backpacks...

Adding in a full-blown mod like Forestry or MFR would likely take away from the GregTech focus (as much as I'd love to plop down a bio-powered MFR treefarm right now to prep for IC2 generator power), but maybe something like Extra Utilities for the bag of holding. It would also add ender quarries and generators, but converting RF to GT power is lossy so it's better to use GT power generation, and the ender quarry is on par material-wise with the GT version of the BC quarry, plus you'll need some way to power it remotely and get that stuff back to base without tesseracts.

Thoughts?

Well, there *is* Railcraft for transport. But, warp-wise, I think EnderChests would fit well with this modpack without taking way from it. Might need to tweak the recipes, though (raise the material costs).

GuitarMoshi

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking that part of the "gasp" response to GT is seeing the new crafting recipes for certain items, in particular the BC quarry. I remember the first time I played FTB Ultimate and went to build a quarry. Oh... first I have to build this and that and find this and that and that and... I'm wondering if BC should be included. I'm trying to envision supporting sustained GT power generation, including keeping an AE system running, without supporting mods. I might be missing something though since I'm not familiar with everything that's been added to GT in the last couple releases.

I went ahead and added ChickenChunks and Extra Utilities (1 blockid conflict there, easily resolved), and the recipe for the ender quarry definitely would need to be changed along the same idea. Beyond that, I don't think it breaks GT progression, though I did forget about drums and nodes/pipes which I've never really used before.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed. Not for this pack. The focus should be on GT. BC would distract with MJ power, pipes, etc.,.

Trust me, I'm missing my TE3 and BC pipes, power producers, and machines sorely, but I want to clearly understand what *is* GT and what *is not*.

Reactions: Pyure

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking that part of the "gasp" response to GT is seeing the new crafting recipes for certain items, in particular the BC quarry. I remember the first time I played FTB Ultimate and went to build a quarry. Oh... first I have to build this and that and find this and that and that and... I'm wondering if BC should be included. I'm trying to envision supporting sustained GT power generation, including keeping an AE system running, without supporting mods. I might be missing something though since I'm not familiar with everything that's been added to GT in the last couple releases.

I went ahead and added ChickenChunks and Extra Utilities (1 blockid conflict there, easily resolved), and the recipe for the ender quarry definitely would need to be changed along the same idea. Beyond that, I don't think it breaks GT progression, though I did forget about drums and nodes/pipes which I've never really used before.
Chunkloading enables exploitation of things such as large scale nether lava pumping operations, thereby reducing the incentive to build other generators. I hate them, but Railcraft's enderpearl fuel system is reasonable, sort of. It requires at least an endragon death before it becomes usable for large scale lava gens and by then you should have nuclear power anyway.

All in all, I see your point but disagree about things like chickenchunks

BTW I think forestry fits the theme, and would work (only forestry no BC or any gendustry/xbees options which are ridiculously OP with ic2 uranium and such) with electric engines. I had an idea a while back to add to my mod some ic2 version of forestry, not a copy but something with breeding genetics and trees based on the GT tech tree (Greg suggested something silly like Lapis Ants or aphids).... I need to get my act together....

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agree about preventing large-scale lava generation, but I can't see how any automated mining operations can be done without chunkloading really.

IC2 has a couple of (crappy) auto-mining blocks. I'm guessing they're the best option for this? Do either of them force-load chunks similar to BC quarry?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Agree about preventing large-scale lava generation, but I can't see how any automated mining operations can be done without chunkloading really.

IC2 has a couple of (crappy) auto-mining blocks. I'm guessing they're the best option for this? Do either of them force-load chunks similar to BC quarry?

There are also resource issues as well. Said mining operation will have to store (cache) resources locally or else transport them over a "warp"-like system (Tesseract, , EnderChest, etc.,.) or a rail system that's chunkloaded over the entire path.

But, that's probably getting a little too far off focus for this mod-pack. My preference is to keep this a pedagogical pack, with the work going into HQM and any mods that teach/show one how to use GT better. Perhaps @CarbonBasedGhost can give us two(2) ChickenChunks chunkloaders and two(2) EnderChests via HQM when it's time to automine, but otherwise disable the recipes. Pumping of lava should also be disabled.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There are also resource issues as well. Said mining operation will have to store (cache) resources locally or else transport them over a "warp"-like system (Tesseract, , EnderChest, etc.,.) or a rail system that's chunkloaded over the entire path.

But, that's probably getting a little too far off focus for this mod-pack. My preference is to keep this a pedagogical pack, with the work going into HQM and any mods that teach/show one how to use GT better. Perhaps @CarbonBasedGhost can give us two(2) ChickenChunks chunkloaders and two(2) EnderChests via HQM when it's time to automine, but otherwise disable the recipes. Pumping of lava should also be disabled.
That sounds reasonable all around.

I wonder if you can make an argument that with judicious use of IC2 crops, quarrying is less crucial?

Gold, tin, silver, copper, lead...you can get all of these via crops.[DOUBLEPOST=1406125055][/DOUBLEPOST]Silly question: doesn't railcraft have a chunkloader? Both a cart and block variety? what are we complaining about here? :p

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/World+Anchor+(Device)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
]Silly question: doesn't railcraft have a chunkloader? Both a cart and block variety? what are we complaining about here? :p

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/World Anchor (Device)

Not silly at all. However, I'm not sure I would want to wait until one kills the Enderdragon before making these viable, so one may have to disable Ender Pearl maintenance via the configs:

"Anchors also have a maintenance fee (this can be disabled via the config files if you wish)"[DOUBLEPOST=1406127107][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder if you can make an argument that with judicious use of IC2 crops, quarrying is less crucial?

Gold, tin, silver, copper, lead...you can get all of these via crops.

This indeed may be the more elegant solution. I noticed @CarbonBasedGhost has a placeholder chapter in HQM for crops.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not silly at all. However, I'm not sure I would want to wait until one kills the Enderdragon before making these viable, so one may have to disable Ender Pearl maintenance via the configs:

"Anchors also have a maintenance fee (this can be disabled via the config files if you wish)"[DOUBLEPOST=1406127107][/DOUBLEPOST]

Enderbloom (IC2 crop) :)

This pack has it covered!

Queue

Jul 29, 2019

Advanced miner is like Jesus. It is a better BC quarry with a blacklist and whitelist. No chunkloading, but again it is for balance and providing an incentive to use crops alongside mining ops to gain resources. Love IC2 crops.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Enderbloom (IC2 crop) :)

This pack has it covered!

Sweet ! This is exactly why I'm playing this mod-pack : to learn GT and the bits of IC2 I have never touched. Prior to this pack, my experience with IC2 had been limited basically to "super-fast machines" for AE on-demand crafting and "dabbling in IC2 nuclear reactors". Haven't touched crops yet, but looking forward to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1406127520][/DOUBLEPOST]
Love IC2 crops.

That's great to hear. I love bees, never messed with IC2 crops, so I'm hoping I'll also love IC2 crops.

Reactions: Pyure