Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutoczky

Jul 29, 2019
I would say that you can only weep mod developers.
There's snepshot you can also start making a mod.
You do it to yourself that you are not ready for and I was surprised when our numbers to where the mod?[DOUBLEPOST=1382888069][/DOUBLEPOST]Already in the tes minecraft 1.7.2 no crybaby mod can begin to prepare, come on!
Then there is the next one to be her serve, come on without whining!
If you've already given it away x amount of money you can expect to be the most recent to mod.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
what are the alpha private packs name and password?

I don't know how you got this from what I said.

There are alpha test packs. I have streamed some testing. I have new versions to test after work tomorrow. The testing is not entirely behind closed doors, because I'm streaming it.

^Words I said.

I said NOTHING about them being available to the public. They are not. There are only a few of us testing the packs. They are not available to anyone but us. You cannot use them, they are not available for download through the launcher. They are 1.6.4 packs. The current launcher cannot launch 1.6.x +. The new launcher is not complete yet.
I would say that you can only weep mod developers.
There's snepshot you can also start making a mod.
You do it to yourself that you are not ready for and I was surprised when our numbers to where the mod?[DOUBLEPOST=1382888069][/DOUBLEPOST]Already in the tes minecraft 1.7.2 no crybaby mod can begin to prepare, come on!
Then there is the next one to be her serve, come on without whining!
If you've already given it away x amount of money you can expect to be the most recent to mod.

What does that even say?

Reactions: Thuulstrea

hutoczky

Jul 29, 2019
. The new launcher is not complete yet. How incomplete?[DOUBLEPOST=1382892780][/DOUBLEPOST]new launcher download link?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
. The new launcher is not complete yet. How incomplete?[DOUBLEPOST=1382892780][/DOUBLEPOST]new launcher download link?

I can't comment on completeness. The version I have does not function (entirely) yet.
There won't be one until it's done.
Same request as above, please stop asking.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Patience is a virtue oft unrecognized whether by youth or some form of greed.

It will be worth the wait. While it might be nice if the FTB team posted a vague number somewhere of "tasks left" before release to give the community a small window of progress, I'd point at Mithion of Ars Magica 2, it is of course not required. Nor is any of the rest of the great work the FTB team does. It is also my hope that the removal of hardcoded block/item ID requirements in 1.7 will vastly reduce the issues thereafter. Provided Mojang does not feel the need to change the launcher system again, this also will be in the past.

Again I reiterate, all this chomping at the bit is born of passion to be sure but the wait will be worth it and all the anxiousness will subsequently be forgotten. :)

magic465

Jul 29, 2019
These posts can stop now.
We know. We don't need reminding.
Didn't mean to offend anyone by it. I hoped FTB could be up-to-date without renewing a launcher. By the way, it was the first time I had seen this post. It would be better if some info about 1.7.x or further versions are on the post. (not just in the comments)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Perhaps you should go to the Minecraft forums and read up on the sweeping changes made in 1.7.x, let alone those made in 1.6.x before commenting on what should and/or should not be happening with FTB's launcher.

I understand that possibly some other launchers work with 1.6.x... You could go check those out if you're in such a hurry.

Nobody has had a chance to deal with 1.7.x because until last Friday (10/25) nobody knew exactly what changes would be in the official release of 1.7.x and even the Minecraft loader is still working things out with the new "Resource Pack" system. Then all the other loaders have to work on complying with the new 1.7 system. After that, unless mods take a head start and update their Mods to load as MC Resource Packs directly from Mojang first, the mods can start working on FtB (and other) launcher compatibility.

I happen to like what FtB has to offer, and can patiently wait... mainly Unleashed and Direwolf. Direwolf will have newer mod packs first because they were tested and tweaked on his Forge 2 server. See this for his explanation:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They aren't to that point yet. Pre-Alpha is nowhere near Beta.

Alpha (and before) is reserved for in-house testing. After things are mostly found and fixed there it can be released to public beta. The reasoning behind this traditional method is that everyone in-house will generally test for how things are supposed to work.

Once this has occurred the Beta release goes public, because no in-house personnel are capable of finding all the stupid things the public can find that cause unforeseen problems.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Why not give the public beta versions?
As with Mojang.
To be frank, because the tests are in alpha. Even when they're in beta this is what posts will look like "blah blah blah it doesn't work" "blah blah blah it's broken". (Edit: Mojang doesn't do public betas. No clue where you got that from)
Didn't mean to offend anyone by it. I hoped FTB could be up-to-date without renewing a launcher. By the way, it was the first time I had seen this post. It would be better if some info about 1.7.x or further versions are on the post. (not just in the comments)
FTB hasn't even begun to think about 1.7.x. MCP and forge aren't even done yet, let alone the mods that will go into mod packs. The launcher HAS to be rewritten because of base code changes made leading into 1.6. Everyone else had to do it too.

Tikaran

Jul 29, 2019
Asking a bunch of questions about can we has it now or is it done yet is only slowing the testing progress. Their taking time away to answer you on these forums when you could just leave it be and let it get done faster. Be happy that they even take there time to do this. And if you want it done faster get off these forums and go make your own launcher and mod pack if you think you can. If you cant then zip it and let them do their thing it will be ready when its ready.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
To be frank, because the tests are in alpha. Even when they're in beta this is what posts will look like "blah blah blah it doesn't work" "blah blah blah it's broken". (Edit: Mojang doesn't do public betas. No clue where you got that from)

I presume he was referring to Mojang's Snapshots and before those, the prereleases. And of course Minecraft was "released" in an Alpha stage. I'm not agreeing with him though - even Mojang didn't release an alpha version of their launcher, it's just asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.