Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like mojang will update to 1.7 before FTB can even update to 1.6...lol. I bet they make use wait till they get 1.7 working too. Still no news from them in the news area. This company will fail before long.

News I got news. Pre beta testing is starting tonight. That help alleviate your fears?

Reactions: Hambeau

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If y'all pay attention, and check other sources, there are those of us (myself included) testing the 1.6.4 packs that are presently in alpha.
I even streamed my first test of one of them. Plan to stream continued tests.

Reactions: Hambeau

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Everybody needs to calm down.. these people do have jobs and families outside of their work on mods, launchers, and websites. They're trying to get the modpacks out. Don't complain about 1.7 going to take forever. 1.6.4 is going to be an amazing update and if we're stuck on it for awhile, then hey at least we're stuck on a good note. 1.7 is going to change everything once again and if you all are tired of waiting, code your own mods for 1.7 and see how long it takes..

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
News I got news. Pre beta testing is starting tonight. That help alleviate your fears?

I guess that's what Slowpoke meant this past weekend on Dires' Forgecast 3 video when he said he'd be getting in some more help really soon...

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Your looking at:

A minimum of a week for MCP to update after the 1.7 release.

A minimum of a month for forge to update, possibly longer for stability.

X amount of time for mod authors to basically recode a portion of their mod to coincide with a fairly large MC update and huge change in functionality in forge and mcp. (no more MLMP support and making the minecraft source read only.)

Yeah. Modded 1.7 won't be till the beginning of next year me thinks.

And a couple of days after thats done for resonant rise to update :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a public alpha is it?
There are rarely public alphas. Betas maybe but not alphas. Cause there are dirptydoos who would complain that it dousen't work right or it looks awful or that it's incomplete. Despite the fact that alpha is supposed to be exactly that.
A alpha is a modal that's in the middle of being built. If it was a mod it would have no textures and dousen't do anything yet.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Do people look right on over me when I post something?
Pretty sure I've been talking about the new launcher and streamed alpha testing of 1.6.4 packs...

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I just want a good 1.6.4 modpack. I think that once TE updates, I'll be sticking to 1.6.4 for a very long time.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Quite honestly, I am one of the people working on the FTB packs and I've already had to contact several mod authors about bug fixes and then wait and test more. Repeat process.

Personally, I'd rather not rush something out the door. I prefer working with mod authors to try and guarantee the best experience possible for those who play the modpacks I produce. Please be patient and Wyld, Lathanael, myself, and the rest of the team will bring you the things you will enjoy.

Draego

Jul 29, 2019
You know it has to be hard to put in the amount of work that the FTB team puts in on their free time, but some of the responses in a lot of these forums are getting a bit testy. Having a devoted and passionate fanbase is something almost anyone would want, but with that comes the pressure of constant when is it coming and why cant this be fixed now. If you cant deal with the pressure of posts like this then you are probably in the wrong place. This doesnt mean I support people acting like needy children all the time, but you have to overlook that when responding.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You know it has to be hard to put in the amount of work that the FTB team puts in on their free time, but some of the responses in a lot of these forums are getting a bit testy. Having a devoted and passionate fanbase is something almost anyone would want, but with that comes the pressure of constant when is it coming and why cant this be fixed now. If you cant deal with the pressure of posts like this then you are probably in the wrong place. This doesnt mean I support people acting like needy children all the time, but you have to overlook that when responding.
I am not directly responsible for the creation of anything. I am however testing the things people are demanding. Then, I will be providing the tech support for them when my tests don't cover everything. That's on top on continuing support for things that last updated 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you feel my responses are unneeded. If you don't like them, don't read them.
Sarcastic posts like the one I replied to above are also unneeded and annoying.

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just patiently waiting to see what mods DW20 will be running for season 6 of his Let's Play series... I would only start getting 'narky' if he started it before the update to v2 is released. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.