JamPacked II

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, my modpack is ready for submission. It has been tested, got all the permissions, fixed all the quests and even added it on my dropbox for download. How do I submit it?

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Well after a rough week (almost gave up on pack), I managed to prepare like 70% of the pack done in a couple days of hard working. I'm really happy with how my entry is turning out; hopefully I can add the last bits of polish and get it all ready to submit in time.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with less than a week left, good luck!
I hope to see some good packs!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Okay, my modpack is ready for submission. It has been tested, got all the permissions, fixed all the quests and even added it on my dropbox for download. How do I submit it?
Working on that as we speak. Hoping to have the post up today.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... aaaaahhhh ...

I want realistic flowing fluids.
But .. minecraft swiss cheese worlds! It floods everywhere ...

And, exploding flammable gas, plus rockfalls, makes "random" holes in different locations on different runs ... and I have to make sure it's patched enough that you have at least 2 hours before the stronghold is flooded ... yet every time, no matter how much I divert into the cave systems or put up "titanic-quality bulkheads", there's always a new leak ... and it's due tomorrow ... and I still have to get the quest signs down :).

Reactions: Watchful11

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
... aaaaahhhh ...

I want realistic flowing fluids.
But .. minecraft swiss cheese worlds! It floods everywhere ...

And, exploding flammable gas, plus rockfalls, makes "random" holes in different locations on different runs ... and I have to make sure it's patched enough that you have at least 2 hours before the stronghold is flooded ... yet every time, no matter how much I divert into the cave systems or put up "titanic-quality bulkheads", there's always a new leak ... and it's due tomorrow ... and I still have to get the quest signs down :).

If you are referring to the ship Titanic's bulkheads there was an air gap at the top of each one and therefore leaked by unintentional design and in fact sank faster because of that... :rolleyes:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you are referring to the ship Titanic's bulkheads there was an air gap at the top of each one and therefore leaked by unintentional design and in fact sank faster because of that... :rolleyes:

Exactly. It would flood too quickly if I didn't have some barrier wall, and if there isn't a small hole it won't flood at all :)

EDIT: You said unintentional. Ok, so maybe "titanic-class" isn't quite right.

Hmm, do I have to put an image up on imgur first here?
wI20ukm.png

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just a reminder to everyone, the competition closes at midnight UTC, not midnight of your local time zone. Look at the countdown to see how much time you have left.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
HELP!

Even though I use "/setWorldSpawn" to put the spawn where I want it, minecraft is saying "unable to find spawn biome", and relocating to the middle of a lava ocean.

What's a mod for 1710 to fix that / force where I say? (I know they exist, at least two of them)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOoooo...

Sigh. A "last minute" change, this morning, to actually put in the extra coal veins that I was planning on doing but never got around to.

Except, as I'm plugging the lava leaks, I discover that ores are not considered "supporting stone" by reasonable realism ... Most of the extra holes are easy enough to plug, but I got over to the stronghold library, one of your quest points basically ... and it's completely gutted by fire from a lava leak where coal didn't support stone and the roof collapsed.

Ayye.

Fixable? Yes. Not in the remaining 25 minutes. To ship something now, I have to ship my debugging map.

Velor

Jul 29, 2019
Well this has certainly been a good learning experience. Managed to submit my pack last night with a couple hours left then had to sleep. Good luck to everyone participating.
Hopefully some of my favorite youtubers will generate some fresh new content from the packs created by the contestants.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well this has certainly been a good learning experience. Managed to submit my pack last night with a couple hours left then had to sleep. Good luck to everyone participating.
Hopefully some of my favorite youtubers will generate some fresh new content from the packs created by the contestants.
Yeah. It was fun. I needed a simpler, shorter project. Win or lose, I'm happy with how Atonement has turned out.