JamPacked II

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a way to blacklist blocks from being destroyed by the TE wrench? I'm trying to make enhanced portals 3 blocks completely unbreakable to stop the player messing up the map by breaking the portal and hence completely removing access to areas of the map, but while I can use custom items to set hardness to -1 & resistance to a high value, they blocks can still be removed using a TE crescent hammer.
How about removing the TE hammer entirely

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Not really an option :(, TE will be one of the main tech mods in my pack, and without the hammer many functions of TE are unvaliable, and it's a pain to remove machines & ducts

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a way to blacklist blocks from being destroyed by the TE wrench? I'm trying to make enhanced portals 3 blocks completely unbreakable to stop the player messing up the map by breaking the portal and hence completely removing access to areas of the map, but while I can use custom items to set hardness to -1 & resistance to a high value, they blocks can still be removed using a TE crescent hammer.
yeah. theres an easy way and a hard way.
EASY WAY: just remove TE
HARD WAY: edit the code of the cresent hammer

BTW how do i get your pack when its done? you can tell me on youtube
youtube: frogboy:D

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be making a thread for it soon and posting it there once it's finished, but I'll make a mental note to try to let you know :).

With respect to TE, I think I'll just put in a note somewhere to warn the player not to screw themselves over like that. I may add command block teleporters near each portal as a failsafe, at least for the first few iterations of the map.

Last edited:

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.
Does this mean it has to be a good ending? Because my modpack ends with the player killing the cause of the apocalypse and therefore making the apocalypse unable to be stopped and causing an everlasting apocalypse.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Does this mean it has to be a good ending? Because my modpack ends with the player killing the cause of the apocalypse and therefore making the apocalypse unable to be stopped and causing an everlasting apocalypse.
That's fine.

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a way to make torches not stop mobs from spawning after x number of minecraft days?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So you want torches to burn out? Or you want the "light level" to no longer affect the mob spawns?

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
Could spawn 'em yourself with cursed earth, command blocks, mob spawners of various kinds, or dispensers with mob eggs in.

I was thinking something more along the lines of after a player has already beaten an area, they have to harvest resources and get out before the torches "stop keeping the mobs at bay" just putting cursed earth, or spawners would allow the player to destroy them and have all the time they needed.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking something more along the lines of after a player has already beaten an area, they have to harvest resources and get out before the torches "stop keeping the mobs at bay" just putting cursed earth, or spawners would allow the player to destroy them and have all the time they needed.
tell me when your modpacks done