JamPacked II

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
can you give us a heads up next time? i didnt know about this till a couple weeks in.
That was intentional. I could have either let people submit packs that were started before the announcement, which would be about the same as announcing it then, or have people stop working on things for weeks to wait for the announcement.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it's easy! Seriously. Just add Forge, find some mods you like, drop 'em in the mods folder, then start and see if it explodes!
Then start figuring out how stuff interacts and change the configs to fit you.
Quests and maps are just extra, really.
well yeah, but im new to the coding stuff.
i do SORTA have a modpack, or used to anyway, but it was really bad and i couldnt load it at all.
i had this other really good one with over 130 mods that worked together with nothing done to the code, but it was really laggy and it broke.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
also i have a ton of trouble with hardcore questing mode. i could just do some signs, but i would need to upload a map, which i dont know how to do. im pretty good at using mods i just cant put them together :\

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
also it would be hard to get the permissions, ect.
That's actually fairly easy for most mods. There's a list here on the forums of a lot of mods and whether you have permission already, or need to ask, or what. And most mod authors put info about their permissions stuff in their forum posts or websites anyway.

As far as uploading a map, I'd say look at the modpacks that provide a map, and look into which mods might be doing that. Then you can learn how those mods work. The map will then be part of your modpack zip file, I believe, rather than an extra download like Direwolf20's world downloads are.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
its also rather hard to stick to one idea. im killing myself here to stick to mostly mob related mods. i get carried away sometimes, then i have so many mods i cant tell which one is causing the problem.

Ryanasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if HarvestCraft/Vanilla crops can grow in the nether (i know how to hydrate the soil, i just need to know if they will actually grow)

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a way to blacklist blocks from being destroyed by the TE wrench? I'm trying to make enhanced portals 3 blocks completely unbreakable to stop the player messing up the map by breaking the portal and hence completely removing access to areas of the map, but while I can use custom items to set hardness to -1 & resistance to a high value, they blocks can still be removed using a TE crescent hammer.