JamPacked II

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
This is the perfect thing for what I'm trying to do.
Thanks!
*insert picture of an evil cat*
I would love to hear what you generate and where.
Theoretical nothing is impossible ;-)

An fast idea is maybe spawn lava source blocks around in the air at a certain hight. On spawn player has to dig down to survive.
Or...
Make notebooks uncraftable, make them important for recipes or progression and spawn them at 200 height, or near to bedrock.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to hear what you generate and where.
Theoretical nothing is impossible ;-)

An fast idea is maybe spawn lava source blocks around in the air at a certain hight. On spawn player has to dig down to survive.
Or...
Make notebooks uncraftable, make them important for recipes or progression and spawn them at 200 height, or near to bedrock.
Lemme just add a noteblock to every single recipe in the game. Then delete the normal noteblock recipe. Finally, spawn them in veins of one, at Y 0.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, m entry is finally more or less working. Not balanced, not done, and very rough around the edges, but you can play it and meet *most* of the win conditions.

Reactions: CoolSquid

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Well, m entry is finally more or less working. Not balanced, not done, and very rough around the edges, but you can play it and meet *most* of the win conditions.

Well - I still have about 6 dungeons to build in my entry :/. It's looking good so far though!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That's a really interesting question.

I suppose there isn't a rule against having multiple submissions, so you could give it a try. We probably wouldn't let you win two prizes if it came to that, but no real idea.

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
That's a really interesting question.

I suppose there isn't a rule against having multiple submissions, so you could give it a try. We probably wouldn't let you win two prizes if it came to that, but no real idea.
Thanks! It really means a lot for me to be able to do that. Of course I know that I'm not gonna get 2 prizes. This will really allow me to be creative.

Kataiser

Jul 29, 2019
Long as it's after it happened and doesn't focus on the actual abduction event.

Things like this are making me less sure about the "open to interpretation" line in the first post, so I should probably ask for clarification.

So the traditional post-apocalyptic setup in this context would be "catastrophe befalls the denizens of the overworld, which you then have to rebuild". Does the crisis have to have happened to the overworld, specifically? I ask because I'm working on a pack where instead of "the forces of <hell/aliens/natural disasters> have screwed up the overworld", you have something like "the forces of the overworld have screwed up the other planes". The player is basically a minion of the Nether trying to restore his home to its former glory.

Would something like that be eligible? Thanks in advance.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Just finished my first entry! It's called CantonDown and I am really proud of it. Requires only Vanilla 1.8, just unzip and drop in the saves to play! I'll take that $750 now please, by the way.

Please do not submit JamPacked entries to this thread. This goes for everyone.