Issues with connecting? Please report them here.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There -was- a real problem with server downloads for almost a full day.
Yes. I understand that.
It happens.
I was referring to the fact that having a slow download is not the point of this thread.
This thread is for issues with downloading/connecting.

uoducky

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 8 x64
Internet Service Provider: Cox.net (Cable)
Java version/update, bit type: Java 7 Update 45 x64
Anti-malware software: Norton360 (disabled)
Location you are (generalized): Arizona, USA
Location you're downloading from: Automatic (no ability to change)
Launcher version: 1.3.2
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes.
Console log, pastebin.com link: [url]http://pastebin.com/R8TRcWbD [/URL](edit: updated to account from guest)
Ping Results:
C:\Windows\system32>ping new.creeperrepo.net

Pinging usa.creeperrepo.net [50.7.98.154] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.7.98.154: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=55
Reply from 50.7.98.154: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=55
Reply from 50.7.98.154: bytes=32 time=305ms TTL=55
Reply from 50.7.98.154: bytes=32 time=105ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 50.7.98.154:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 78ms, Maximum = 305ms, Average = 144ms

C:\Windows\system32>

Additionally:
I have run the java command mentioned earlier to force java to use ipv4. I have also set my dns to the google public dns.

Edit: I have also disabled norton family (this is my son's computer)

Last edited:

Mr_Jager

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Internet Service Provider: Virgin Media
Java version/update, bit type: Latest 64 bit java
Anti-malware software: Avast!
Location you are (generalized): East Midlands, UK
Location you're downloading from: Nottingham (I believe)
Launcher version: version 1.3.2
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: the pastbin.com link button did not work (tried 3 times)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.2)
Java version: 1.7.0_40
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 24.0-b56 by Oracle Corporation
Address family not supported by protocol family: connect: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] Downloading locale files ...
[i18n] Update IOException: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.7.0_40 sorted as: 1.7.0_40 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_40 sorted as: 1.7.0_40 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
Address family not supported by protocol family: connect: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Liam\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Internet Service Provider: Virgin Media
Java version/update, bit type: Latest 64 bit java
Location you are (generalized): East Midlands, UK
Location you're downloading from: Nottingham (I believe)
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: the pastbin.com link button did not work (tried 3 times)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.2)
Java version: 1.7.0_40
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 24.0-b56 by Oracle Corporation
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] Downloading locale files ...
[i18n] Update IOException: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.7.0_40 sorted as: 1.7.0_40 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_40 sorted as: 1.7.0_40 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Liam\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Do this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PUKzT6jj26MUUbwW7ss9wIe5ii7RTwzFu9wwvtjhe2A/edit

robsiew

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.9.1
Internet Service Provider: Charter
Java version/update, bit type: 1.6.0_65 64 bit
Location you are (generalized): Minnesota
Location you're downloading from: Chicago
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): no. can't even get launcher to launch
Console log, pastebin.com link: again, can't launch at all

I get a black box when I try to launch FTB... can't even get to the main screen. Can someone give me a hint on how to fix this? I've scoured the internet and have tried many different things (reinstall, make sure I don't have Java 7, try to launch through terminal...) and I can't get it. Once I actually got the launcher to come up and then got into Minecraft, but when I tried to create a world the whole thing crashed. Since then I still cannot even get the launcher to open again. Thanks!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've tried both. Just reinstalled Java 7 and I still get two black windows that pop up instead of the launcher. Weird thing is I'd been playing it the previous few days, then all of a sudden all I get are these black boxes.

Also, I have to force quit to get out of the launcher.. I can't just close it normally.

This is what comes up in the launcher log if it helps at all:

[11:31:46] [INFO] OptionsPane.<init>:168: [i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[11:31:46] [INFO] I18N.setLocale:142: [i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Need the entire console. Select Debug from the drop down menu on the console, the use the Post to Pastebin button.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the "IOException, minecraft servers might be down" error with the new launcher v1.3.3. Mojang is showing all servers online.

Edit: Updating my password seems to have fixed it. Didn't actually change the password, just re-entered it in the FTB launcher
I just started getting it too, Zenk, like this minute, so it's not an isolated incident.

I'm going to imagine that the Mojang support site just hasn't updated yet.
Post in the format.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I also have the same issue . I try to log i get the IOException, minecraft servers might be down and if I try to play offline I can't (I think this is an issue that i can't play offline). I close FTB and waited and after it worked. The issue it's with mojang, servers are to "busy", I did some research and if we wait a little we can connect, the launcher is ok :)

I hope it helps all the best o/
Post in the format.

robsiew

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even get the console up.... here's a link to a screen shot....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rwvimt55olmjqc/Screenshot 2014-01-06 19.04.41.png

Okay... edited for the latest... I had the windows up and after about 20 min. or more the launcher actually came up. I closed out and tried to reopen and it wouldn't reopen. Got the black windows again.

Any help for this? I updated the launcher and still get black screens. I've tried reinstalling MC, reinstalling launcher... nothing seems to work. Is this a mac thing? It works on our Windows PC's fine.

robsiew

Jul 29, 2019
Post in the format.

Operating System, bit type: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.9.1
Internet Service Provider: Charter
Java version/update, bit type: 1.6.0_65 64 bit
Location you are (generalized): Minnesota
Location you're downloading from: Chicago
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): no. can't even get launcher to launch
Console log, pastebin.com link: again, can't launch at all

Seriously? Every time I reply I need to re-post the format??? I have several posts on this page and in the first post I made I posted in the format you asked... just trying to get some help. So far, not too much help. I cannot even launch the silly launcher. I'd just like to get it up so my kids can play. Thank you in advance for trying to help me.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I just asked you to do that so people will use it ;)
It's hard to get people to do it if they see a bunch of posts without the format.

Your launcher launches, it just doesn't seem to work correctly. If the Options tab works, Force Update