Is Rotarycraft stupidly difficult or am I the stupid one?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
So essentially it's a Buildcraft quarry but for horizontal, and lasts forever? Does it only mine a 1s1 square or is it configurable?

@madnewmy Rotary-craft wiki and Rotarycraft wiki

EDIT: Alright, I found a better wiki page for it. Looks like I'll use that.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
So essentially it's a chunkloader but for horizontal, and lasts forever? Does it only mine a 1s1 square or is it configurable?
1x1 up to 7x5 (but require more torque)

EDIT: without Geostrata and not at obsidian level, 512 torque is enough
With Geostrata 2048 torque is what I use
At obsidian level, I use 8192 torque

Reactions: Padfoote

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
I have Geostrata disabled. But, here we are at the issue again. 8192 torque is the hurdle I need to leap over. That's what is needed for the bedrock breaker.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I have Geostrata disabled. it's annoying an unnecessary.
*hides thread from reika*
you should change that for I don't like it and I do not want too use it ;)

I first started with 4 gasoline engine for my boring machine and i usually forget them until I can power a ReC turbine or get a tier 4-5 magnetostatic

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Changed it, but your quote needs to be snipped. Anyways, So let's say I am on layer 12. That's 1 above lava layer normally. What is a good engine to couple with the Boring Machine?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Changed it, but your quote needs to be snipped. Anyways, So let's say I am on layer 12. That's 1 above lava layer normally. What is a good engine to couple with the Boring Machine?
4 gasoline, 2 performance, a hydro with gearbox, a coil, tier 3 magneto gives 512nm IIRC

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Excuse me, but I am trying to figure out Rotarycraft. Please don't hijack my thread.

Anyways, I discovered the problem; it seems that one of the coils reset. However, now is the problem with sustainability. Hydrokinetics, as stated before, are incredibly expensive, costing a /stack/ of steel EACH. In order to sustain a bedrock breaker, I need an /entire/ 4 hydrokinetics. I'm in survival, I don't have a Mechanical Miner. I can't possibly gather that much! Especially with my grinder setup being slow as molasses... And I need more energy to power a damn Extractor to get more stupid ores. To get more energy I need bedrock. It's all so frustrating!

I might just have to switch back to Mekanism. It, at least, gives the x5 ores, but I lose the ability to refine Mimichite...
There are other ways to double ores in other mods... but if not (like in my case and my playthrough is just Roc,EC, and ReactC with AE) Get to the point you can run Hydrokentics, then get an extractor going (once you have that and a power source steel is multiplied by like 4 or 5. It's an expensive mod for iron, Powering the extractor with engines or coils will very quickly pay it self off. Being able to jump into bedrock tech in 2 hours does not seem to be the direction that the mod author wanted.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Same grinding sound from the junction.
Don't all the engines have their own spin up time? Try using that monitor block between the engines to see what they are outputting. I haven't played rotarycraft in a while, but I recall junctions require the speed to match.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
use flywheels or shove them into electricraft power

The grinding sound dosent mather too much as long the power is transmitted

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The grinding sound just means the speeds are not matching.
I heard Electricraft doesn't like varying inputs either...it causes lag

Varying output, as in directly inputting from a turbine being run off a reactor.