In your next Direwolf20 build, will you bother with IC2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, this thread certainly veered of coarse.
Personally with regard to the ic2 shtuff, i want to like ic2, but they just dont have enough interesting, new, and original stuff.
Ive really only done ic2 stuff cause of the qsuit and the nano saber/vajra.
With MPS now on the the scene so to speak, even the few things that were still cool about ic2 are no longer unique to ic2.
In my view, i kind of like ic2,but i think its clear to see that if they dont get there act together, and get original again, they are gonna just fade into oblivion.
I'm scared to bring up tekkit, and especially point up a negative opinion about it, but I think this may be true:
The Nuclear reactor switchup was not affected by the eternal 1.2.5 tekkiteers. They don't care and have been sticking with the same ol' 1.2.5 mods for a long time. A lot of IC2 players (not all, just a lot) play Tekkit, and the reactor had all the old data posted (for technic players). Why add new stuff if a ton of people aren't even gonna use it and people are just going to be annoyed about the wikis switching?
I'm not sure if tekkit players are a majority of IC2'ers, but it sure does look like they are. Why do something new if nobody's going to use it?
But no flame tekkit wars on here, they're a dime a dozen on several other threads on these forums, and they're especially looking for non-lawyers to quote fancy documents.

Reactions: electroscape

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
I'm scared to bring up tekkit, and especially point up a negative opinion about it, but I think this may be true:
The Nuclear reactor switchup was not affected by the eternal 1.2.5 tekkiteers. They don't care and have been sticking with the same ol' 1.2.5 mods for a long time. A lot of IC2 players (not all, just a lot) play Tekkit, and the reactor had all the old data posted (for technic players). Why add new stuff if a ton of people aren't even gonna use it and people are just going to be annoyed about the wikis switching?
I'm not sure if tekkit players are a majority of IC2'ers, but it sure does look like they are. Why do something new if nobody's going to use it?
But no flame tekkit wars on here, they're a dime a dozen on several other threads on these forums, and they're especially looking for non-lawyers to quote fancy documents.
I agree, tho i think that, rather than not improve ic2 because no one will use it, i believe that the majority of people who dont use ic2 most likely dont use it because ATM
it doesn't really add anything new and inventive, im sure people would give ic2 some love if the dev's would actually add something worth working towards.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like having a batpack always on instead of armor, and I hate rubber/electric circuits.
Also, Thermal Expansion doesn't explode the things I worked hard on just because I didn't get the direction of the machine right. Until IC2 stops with its artificial difficulty that punishes you for making tiny mistakes, I won't use it.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
Or when you use a wrench, which is the correct tool, to pick up a machine and it breaks anyways. I don't see anything else breaking when using the proper tool, could you imagine if the pickaxe randomly failed?
IKR, that annoys the crap out of me.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand. In my SSP game yesterday I switched between research projects without any trouble.
As long as these projects are not 100% finished, yes, you can swap them in and out. But the final research papers, when your research is completely done, those are gone, once you rightclick them in order to "learn" the new found research.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 was the first mod I got with, and it was good, but it never gets new stuff, and what it has already, is done 10 times better by other mods. And nuclear reactors: a pain to set up for like 300 eu/

As long as these projects are not 100% finished, yes, you can swap them in and out. But the final research papers, when your research is completely done, those are gone, once you rightclick them in order to "learn" the new found research.

if you right click to learn it in creative, it won't get destroyed, but you will learn the research.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I find advanced machines to be utterly useless. If you have the EU infrastructure just upgrade regular machines. Far faster than any adv machine

Or when you use a wrench, which is the correct tool, to pick up a machine and it breaks anyways. I don't see anything else breaking when using the proper tool, could you imagine if the pickaxe randomly failed?
Omnitools mod agrees with you, the Prototype omniwrench acts like an IC2 wrench on lossless mode but with 0 durability. Tis pretty awesome.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Then you realize you have to turn the wrench to "lossless mode" or some stupid setting you didn't even know existed. Just glad someone knows what I'm saying, my friend just always says, "Oh, IC2 is fine, I can replace any machine"

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
I find advanced machines to be utterly useless. If you have the EU infrastructure just upgrade regular machines. Far faster than any adv machine

Omnitools mod agrees with you, the Prototype omniwrench acts like an IC2 wrench on lossless mode but with 0 durability. Tis pretty awesome.

With increased bother.
The adv machines are fast enough for my purposes.

Reactions: noskk

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
But you need IC2 for the compressor and extractor, and tons of other awesome machines!

Also every machine can be sped up to like 1 second so yeah.. :p

Reactions: MigukNamja

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
But you need IC2 for the compressor and extractor, and tons of other awesome machines!

Also every machine can be sped up to like 1 second so yeah.. :p
I think that the machines are cool, but there isn't much you can use them for, at least any thing interesting/cool.

Reactions: Dravarden

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ironic update: I'm going to be going almost full GT+IC2 now that GT has introduced these conveyor modules in my current playthrough. :)

But note the "GT" part of that. With GT the game entirely changes for IC2.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
Then you realize you have to turn the wrench to "lossless mode" or some stupid setting you didn't even know existed. Just glad someone knows what I'm saying, my friend just always says, "Oh, IC2 is fine, I can replace any machine"

Yeah, this issue irritates the crap out of me. The "basic" wrench is useless in my opinion, because you can't make it lossless. So you HAVE to use the electric wrench, or the omni wrench, if you don't want to wreck your stuff.

For a while someone was maintaining a mod that made all wrenching lossless, but it appears to have been abandoned. So for me, I'm making the omniwrench one of the first things I spend diamonds on in each world.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this issue irritates the crap out of me. The "basic" wrench is useless in my opinion, because you can't make it lossless. So you HAVE to use the electric wrench, or the omni wrench, if you don't want to wreck your stuff.

For a while someone was maintaining a mod that made all wrenching lossless, but it appears to have been abandoned. So for me, I'm making the omniwrench one of the first things I spend diamonds on in each world.
Honestly I wouldn't mind it as much, but a lot of the IC2 stuff requires you to be very committed to IC2, like building a batbox to power your wrench, etc. It's like, what if we had to go through a large tech tree of TE just to make an aqueous accumulator.