Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix is my choice.

As far as I understand, peoples that really want to stick with their worlds can stay in the actual version. however, peoples that want to stick with the latest version know that this is the kind of stuff that happens. Sooner or later, the compatibility will be broken anyway. So better fix ASAP. :)

knightlyzach

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance that we will get a modpack to test the 1.6.2 mods that Direwolf20's new server play series has, by chance?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
The odds are zero. Several mods don't have public 1.6.2 branches yet, several more are in early stages in 1.6.2, and 1.6.2 will involve a total refactoring of the Launcher, as has been mentioned before.

The odds cannot be zero, in time we will hopefully have FTB with i.6.2 support. At this time, we don't know if the team even wishes to continue pursuing the 1.5.2 bug issues.
It might be worth it for them not to. The faster they get FTB out for 1.6.2, the more time people can play it before minecraft updates again...

Jaeden

Jul 29, 2019
The odds cannot be zero, in time we will hopefully have FTB with i.6.2 support. At this time, we don't know if the team even wishes to continue pursuing the 1.5.2 bug issues.
It might be worth it for them not to. The faster they get FTB out for 1.6.2, the more time people can play it before minecraft updates again...

But the biggest problem isnt with ftb, its with the mod creators, as it takes time to update your mod.. To us (us= those who dont make mods) it doesnt seem like it should be that hard, but it takes time and alot of the people who make the mods also want to have lives of their own or have jobs to do so it takes time..

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention the vanilla update schedule. By the time 1.6.2 mods are out, 1.7 will be out or close to it. That's not the mod makers fault. We, as users, need to divorce ourselves from the vanilla updates, and enjoy the FTB updates when they come.

Of course, from what I've seen, that's like asking water to not be wet :rolleyes:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
At this time, we don't know if the team even wishes to continue pursuing the 1.5.2 bug issues.
As an aside, I do -- as a matter of readily verified fact -- know they're pursuing the 1.5.2 bug issues. One of my tasks here is to organize and maintain the public list of mod pack bugs which is provided to the Mod Pack Team. Unleashed v1.1.4, with at least 10 mods updated to fix items on that list, is currently in testing and has a changelog posted just this morning. The 1.5.2 packs are not "end of life" despite the tendency of a section of the modding community to want to chase the most current Minecraft vanilla release.
The Mod Pack Team does not control mod release schedules. Not nearly enough mods are ready for 1.6.2 to contemplate updating Unleashed or Direwolf20. ForgeCraft2 only just launched in 1.6.2 and it is still missing even early versions of several "key" mods. There's also the small issue that the FTB Launcher is undergoing a full rewrite to accommodate some tech changes the 1.6. series has brought on the back-end of Minecraft. Wanting to go faster in this case, though, isn't the same as going faster.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Vauthil for the informative reply. I am not trying to sound like I am complaining or just wanting people to move faster, I am just tossing around some possibilities that others may well be thinking too. I do actually know how difficult it is to update a mod (from personal experience). I would like to say that I greatly appreciate all of the work the individual mod authors do, the FTB team (along with all of the forums maintainers), and those who simply provide us with entertainment.

Griznor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if everyone else knows something I don't or if it has suddenly become taboo to speak about it, but I'm gonna throw myself on the grenade cause the silence is pretty deafening.

What is the status for the "fix"ed version of the DW20 pack?

I know there is currently a private pack for public testing, but that was released about 2(?) weeks ago and it's not even officially released yet (although I know things happen, I also know that at least in the past the team has tried to bring things to recommended after a week of public testing).

And before another flame war starts up over my question, I want to make it clear that I am only seeking more information on this matter. As much as I would love to have an ETA, that is not what I am asking for.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know when the update will be officially released? Instead of just being a private pack code?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know when the update will be officially released? Instead of just being a private pack code?

If you read the rules you can get the ETA :p

If you don't want to go to the rules page here is a spoiler
Our policy on ETA's:
The only ETA for any pack releases or projects that we are working on that are not explicitly said to be complete is that they will be released when they are ready. Any ETA other than this that you get from anyone within FTB is purely speculation and should not be taken as fact.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
PLease update the Direwolf20 pack as the server is currently crashing due to outdated forgemultipart errors. Errors in link below. Thanks.

https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/MCPC-Plus-Legacy/issues/1472#issuecomment-23120695

I would manually update but getting young players to do this would be a nightmare...
We do NOT support any other server software than vanilla. Sorry but if we would start doing we open up to a huge number of possible conflicts and errors out of our control. There will be an update which will fix this issue though once we have another FM we consider stable enough for packs.

Reactions: Vauthil

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
We do NOT support any other server software than vanilla. Sorry but if we would start doing we open up to a huge number of possible conflicts and errors out of our control. There will be an update which will fix this issue though once we have another FM we consider stable enough for packs.

I am not asking you to support anyone, i am showing you a critical error that causes "your" FTB software to crash due to a mod within a modpack recommended by "FTB" software team. The link i posted shows the exact error and crash report and reason behind the crash. I reported it to mcpc+ first thinking they could do something to fix it but referred me to FM mod which again is in "FTB" mod pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.