Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
as it was not ment as an insult it . was like " euh people should no that if not they shouldnt have a computer)
People have to start somewhere, keyboard shortcuts are not the start.
(sorry Lawbroken if this is not ftb related)
I do hope an update (info on progress at least) soon from the team. I cant really force a volunteer group to work faster though; thanks for all the hard work and effort =)

Vegar V

Jul 29, 2019
Got it working on client side now and playing on the Nine By Nine 1.1.3 server. But updating my own server is a nightmare for a newb like me.. tried to move over the lib, mods, miscperipherals, openperipheral, coremods and config file from the client side. But that didnt work at all.. now the server crashes.. So how do I realy do that! I deleted the old folders first before moving!

TalliDown

Jul 29, 2019
It must be me, but I am confused on which version is which:

1. I have a public DW20 1.5 pack on my launcher (1.1.2)
2. I have a private pack DW 1.5 (1.0.0) after using the 'Iwanttorestartmyworld' code
3. I have the original private DW 1.5 (1.0.0) after using the original code

I want to get the 'fixed version' (and thus restart my world). I assume I have to go with pack (2), but am having doubts as I dont see why they would leave a 'broken' pack available to the public...

Can anyone help? Which is it?

Thx

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
It must be me, but I am confused on which version is which:

1. I have a public DW20 1.5 pack on my launcher (1.1.2)
2. I have a private pack DW 1.5 (1.0.0) after using the 'Iwanttorestartmyworld' code
3. I have the original private DW 1.5 (1.0.0) after using the original code

I want to get the 'fixed version' (and thus restart my world). I assume I have to go with pack (2), but am having doubts as I dont see why they would leave a 'broken' pack available to the public...

Can anyone help? Which is it?

Thx

1 is broken and we're waiting for the next version..
2 is what we're supposed to be using for restarting our worlds but since so much time has passed without an update I'm worried there may be a problem with it..
3 is something I have as well that I want to remove..

Ryan Rast

Jul 29, 2019
1 is broken and we're waiting for the next version..
2 is what we're supposed to be using for restarting our worlds but since so much time has passed without an update I'm worried there may be a problem with it..
3 is something I have as well that I want to remove..

you can remove 3rd one by clicking [private packs] at the top typing Direwolf20_1_5 and click remove that should get rid of the 3rd which was the original private 1.5 pack

Reactions: KnightOwl

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
What are the odds that the current fix for the messed up config situation is just a 1.6.2 beta pack???
I think all of the mods have beta versions of them.

Atrocities

Jul 29, 2019
When
BiomesOPlenty
is enabled via the launcher Edit Mod featuer, the game crashes while starting.

Direwolf20 1.5 (v1.1.2) Minecraft Version 1.5.2

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
When
BiomesOPlenty
is enabled via the launcher Edit Mod featuer, the game crashes while starting.

Direwolf20 1.5 (v1.1.2) Minecraft Version 1.5.2

...yes, this post specifically addresses what's going on here and what your options are, please actually read it...

What are the odds that the current fix for the messed up config situation is just a 1.6.2 beta pack???
I think all of the mods have beta versions of them.

The odds are zero. Several mods don't have public 1.6.2 branches yet, several more are in early stages in 1.6.2, and 1.6.2 will involve a total refactoring of the Launcher, as has been mentioned before.

Atrocities

Jul 29, 2019
...yes, this post specifically addresses what's going on here and what your options are, please actually read it...
The odds are zero. Several mods don't have public 1.6.2 branches yet, several more are in early stages in 1.6.2, and 1.6.2 will involve a total refactoring of the Launcher, as has been mentioned before.

Thank you for the info however, I am sorry but, what "post" are you specifically referring too? I have read a considerable number of the latest date relevant posts, but nothing about this specific issue was noted.

Also, just in case it hasn't been mentioned, the code ("Iwanttorestartmyworld") - without the quotes of course) for the private pack assuming that there is one available is still coming back as an "invalid private pack." (yes I know how to use copy/paste) :D

Urgent feed back was requested, when provided it seems it has already been handled and is no longer urgent. Thanks for the info and good luck with the update.

Bytestorm

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the info however, I am sorry but, what "post" are you specifically referring too? I have read a considerable number of the latest date relevant posts, but nothing about this specific issue was noted.

No, you haven't, that is what this entire thread is about. It started with Slowpoke's IP. This details what the problem is. Lo and behold, it does indeed reference BlockIDs that are from the Biomes O'Plenty mod.

Reactions: Terrence

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019

Also, just in case it hasn't been mentioned, the code ("Iwanttorestartmyworld") - without the quotes of course) for the private pack assuming that there is one available is still coming back as an "invalid private pack." (yes I know how to use copy/paste) :D

Urgent feed back was requested, when provided it seems it has already been handled and is no longer urgent. Thanks for the info and good luck with the update.

Search the forums.

StrongManJones234

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest full fix because it will fix it better than to "try to fix" it , but then on the other hand you might need to restart servers , so actually its up to you to decide but if you do I think you should consult all the players of your "plan" to fix the pack

just my way of saying you choose!:p

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest full fix because it will fix it better than to "try to fix" it , but then on the other hand you might need to restart servers , so actually its up to you to decide but if you do I think you should consult all the players of your "plan" to fix the pack

just my way of saying you choose!:p

They already chose a long time ago :p

Atrocities

Jul 29, 2019
No, you haven't, that is what this entire thread is about. It started with Slowpoke's IP. This details what the problem is. Lo and behold, it does indeed reference BlockIDs that are from the Biomes O'Plenty mod.

Thanks for the info. I see that I missed a key point in the post that you have refereed too but haven't quoted. I guess since I am older than 25 I am just unable to read each and every post of a thread looking for specific references to a problem that I thought hadn't been reported. My mistake. I am truly sorry. But now, thanks to your help, I know what is going on. So thank you for the limited off handed reference you have taken the time to so bluntly share.

Great mod and much thanks to all the folks involved.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. I see that I missed a key point in the post that you have refereed too but haven't quoted. I guess since I am older than 25 I am just unable to read each and every post of a thread looking for specific references to a problem that I thought hadn't been reported. My mistake. I am truly sorry. But now, thanks to your help, I know what is going on. So thank you for the limited off handed reference you have taken the time to so bluntly share.

Great mod and much thanks to all the folks involved.

It's right there on the top of this page, hardly something you need to comb the thread for. >__<;

Status
Not open for further replies.